Unusual Hero builds that work

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unusual Hero builds that work

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 18 Aug 2012, 13:10

What are some unusual builds you've used on a hero that actually worked out pretty well, either in a campaign or another map? By unusual I mean skills that are either rare for a hero to get offered (like Light Magic Demonlords), or wouldn't be a normal build for the hero's class (like a Wizard with warrior skills like Attack/Defense/Luck instead of magic skills).

Here's a few of mine.

Ylaya campaign build
-Expert Attack: Archery, Flaming Arrows, Battle Frenzy
-Expert War Machines: Triple Shot Ballista, First Aid Tent
-Expert Sorcery: Arcane Training, Mana Regeneration, Erratic Mana
-Expert Summoning Magic: Master Of Conjuration, Fire Warriors, Master Of Earthblood
-Expert Dark Magic: Master of Mind, Pain, & Curses

Thanks to the giant stat gain in Mission #1 I had a ballista that did over 450+ damage a hit, and got 3 such hits a turn on one stack.

Knight build (worked well for Freyda's campaign)

Expert Light Magic: Master of Abjuration, Wrath, Blessings
Expert Dark Magic: Master of Mind & Curses, Fallen Knight
Expert Attack: Archery, Flaming Arrows, Battle Frenzy
Expert: War Machines: Ballista, Triple Ballista, First Aid Tent
Expert: Sorcerery: Arcane Training, Mana Regeneration, Arcane Excellence

A more magic based Knight then a traditional Warrior build, but with all the stat boosts your triple flaming ballista can become very powerful, and dark & light magic make your hero even tougher.

Unfortunately Isabel and Godric can't do this build (or at least can't pick all of these skills) thanks to their leadership skill.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 18 Aug 2012, 20:52

Ballista for warlock works great indeed. Same goes for ranger. I really like mass haste, mass slow (with master of haste, through attack) with inferno.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Return to “Heroes V-VI”