Irina's amazingly long pregnancy (spoiler)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Irina's amazingly long pregnancy (spoiler)

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 31 Jul 2012, 13:24

I've just been playing Irina's campaign and have finished it, logical starting point from the tutorial and am now on Sandor's campaign. What I don't get is this.

"How does Irina manage to stay pregnant for so long?" Not withstanding Sandor's campaigns have to be fitted in, it took 17 months for me to complete her campaign. (the last scenario took 7!)

Had she been using some kind of magic to slow down the gestation period of her pregnancy or is it that pregnancies take a ridiculous amount of time to complete in Might and Magic universe. :) :)

The problem I thought of is that she cannot be using magic that avoided mention until she knows she is pregnant but she doesn't learn she is pregnant until the end of the first campaign and there is another campaign before that in which Sandor rescues her.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 31 Jul 2012, 13:44

Yeah, glitches like that can obviously appear in a setting where the finishing time is controlled by the player, not the game. ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 31 Jul 2012, 18:23

Kalah wrote:Yeah, glitches like that can obviously appear in a setting where the finishing time is controlled by the player, not the game. ;)
There is no player on earth that could manage to actually make Irina's pregnancy actually last for 9 months! So it's not a question of the time, it more of an oversight on the part of the team.

It wouldn't be too hard to have Irina give birth at a reasonable time or explain the reason for the discrepancy.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 31 Jul 2012, 18:37

...until the end of the first campaign ...
Do you mean until the end of the first campaign mission?
"Campaign" and "campaign mission" are two different things.
May the Implosion be with you!

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 31 Jul 2012, 19:17

Gerheart should have wrapped it up in Fatespinner string so he wouldn't knock her up and have that problem to begin with.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 01 Aug 2012, 08:29

I'd just go with story time vs play time here. I mean, it's not like any player will ever manage to completely sync up Anton's and Anastasya'a campaigns for their meeting at the end or any other event that takes over.

It's either that or Irina borrowed a couple of pregnancy months from future Queen Isabel. Zehir teleports the gang to Sheog right after they watch Isabel getting kidnapped and it doesn't even take a week to finish the last map, yet Kha-Beleth apparently managed to impregnante Isabel and have her deliver the baby in this time. So obviously Irina's amazingly long pregnancy is all part of his evil plan.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 01 Aug 2012, 15:11

Ell1e wrote:I'd just go with story time vs play time here. I mean, it's not like any player will ever manage to completely sync up Anton's and Anastasya'a campaigns for their meeting at the end or any other event that takes over.

It's either that or Irina borrowed a couple of pregnancy months from future Queen Isabel. Zehir teleports the gang to Sheog right after they watch Isabel getting kidnapped and it doesn't even take a week to finish the last map, yet Kha-Beleth apparently managed to impregnante Isabel and have her deliver the baby in this time. So obviously Irina's amazingly long pregnancy is all part of his evil plan.
No there is nothing wrong with the future Queen Isabel's pregnancy. You have got to understand that the real Isabel isn't actually rescued from Sheogh at all. So Kha-Beleth simply manages to impregnate the real Isabel within the week, he gets destroyed but Biara impersonates the real Isabel.

By the time Realag has returned to Sheogh and rescued Isabel, more than 9 months has passed. I do not get where people got the idea that Isabel has already had the baby already from.

Lack of syncranisation of different campaigns is not exactly a problem as long as one bears in mind that there is time between scenerios.

The Irina pregnancy problem is very easy to solve. Simply set a time limit on the first Sandor scenario of say 3 months (realistic as well) and then have her give birth after 6 months have passed in the Irina Campaign. It's not like her stupidly long pregnancy adds anything to the plot other that woobie-points. Is baby Irina going to be doing anything given that he's a baby anyway?

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 01 Aug 2012, 17:04

After you defeat Kha-Beleth, he says that the gang is too late and Isabel has already given birth to the child. I've never been quite clear on when Raelag grabbed the real Isabel, but if it's what you say, the story makes sense:

Kha-Beleth: "Haha, I already impregnanted Isabel and she gave birth to my prophecied son! You can take her with you, I don't need her anymore."
Godric: "Well, at least we have our queen back!"

*about eight and a half months later*
Raelag: "Wait, doesn't a human pregnancy take nine months?"
Godric: *shrugs* "Never asked my wife."
Findan: "Elven babies are brought by unicorns."
Zehir: "Wizarding school is taught by 80 year old bookworms."

As for Irina, the problem with having her give birth is pretty much that you can't just pop out a baby, hand it to the next naga priestess and ride off to wage war against demons and your husband. So Irina would either have to take a baby break during missions or we'll just have to assume the story takes place within less than nine months so she's still able to fight.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 02 Aug 2012, 14:09

Ell1e wrote:After you defeat Kha-Beleth, he says that the gang is too late and Isabel has already given birth to the child. I've never been quite clear on when Raelag grabbed the real Isabel, but if it's what you say, the story makes sense:

Kha-Beleth: "Haha, I already impregnanted Isabel and she gave birth to my prophecied son! You can take her with you, I don't need her anymore."
Godric: "Well, at least we have our queen back!"
SOURCE OF THE COMMON MISTAKE
[img]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... istake.jpg[/img]

The common mistake comes from the fact that there is an error in the voice acting (there are plenty of those in the game!) in which Finden says that she has given birth to the demon messiah when the proper text says that she WILL give birth in the future tense.

The other comment where he says he already HAS the child is not particularly difficult to explain. He means that he has already concieved the child and that if he (Realag) gets rid of his pesky friends. It doesn't need to mean that the child has already been born. What it means that if you restore your alliance with me, I can make you 'guardian' of Isabel who will be you sex-slave (similar to what actually happens with Realag and Isabel eventually!) and long as I have her baby I don't care about your woman.
Ell1e wrote: As for Irina, the problem with having her give birth is pretty much that you can't just pop out a baby, hand it to the next naga priestess and ride off to wage war against demons and your husband. So Irina would either have to take a baby break during missions or we'll just have to assume the story takes place within less than nine months so she's still able to fight.
Firstly there is such a thing as a cut-scene. It is quite possible to calculate when Irina is due to have her baby as long as you enforce a time limit on the first Sandor scenario (which it frankly NEEDS anyway!). With 3 months as the time limit (I took 3 months exactly and it was already too easy by then) then we have a 6 month timer for Irina at the start of her campaign.

Most likely she will give birth during the 2nd mission. For plotline reasons, regardless of actual time, Irina is assumed to have given birth in the interlude between scenario 2 and 3. If you manage to complete the first two missions in less than 6 months, then the birth sequence fires at the completion of scenario 2. Some time passes realistically between 2 and 3 scenerios anyway.

Irina doesn't personally fight so the question of her pregnancy and the birth isn't that important as for gameplay reasons. She can also just dump the baby on Katsue pretty nicely.

Or alternatively you can have them use magic (what obviously happened) to slow down the pregnancy. The failure of the team to either accurately represent the timing her pregnancy nor mention how nature was averted is a bit plot FAILIURE on their part.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Aug 2012, 19:47

Obviously Ashan spins faster then Earth, so 9 months there is like 5 here...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 08 Aug 2012, 17:42

This thread would be more exciting if Irina, the fan manager got pregnant from a demon in the sack. :devil:

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 22 Nov 2012, 19:57

ThunderTitan wrote:Obviously Ashan spins faster then Earth, so 9 months there is like 5 here...
Which would also mean that their lifespan would also be apparantly longer than that of earth people. A person that would be 90 there would be 50 on earth.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”