Warning: Big Security Risk With Uplay

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Warning: Big Security Risk With Uplay

Unread postby Storm-giant » 30 Jul 2012, 12:01

article in rockpapershotgun

This is utterly stupid. Thanks to godness that I don't have a single Ubi game with Uplay installed right now :flame: :grumpy:
Patience is less common than the common sense

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 30 Jul 2012, 12:15

Huh, I just checked and that plugin really exists. I definitely didn't agree to install it, I always disable additional stuff. Legally speaking it's probably hidden somewhere in the license agreement nobody every reads.

Anyway, I disabled this thing and Uplay starts up normally. Didn't reinstall the plugin as far as I can see, so I'd recommend everybody else to remove it as well.

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 30 Jul 2012, 13:11

Gonna have a look at that when I come home today....

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 30 Jul 2012, 14:57

Ell1e wrote:Huh, I just checked and that plugin really exists. I definitely didn't agree to install it, I always disable additional stuff.
I disabled it too and I don't remember anything about it in UPlay license. Worse, there is no option not to install this plugins when UPlay is installed and it should be obligatorily.

I hate when something is installed without my permission or knowledge and this has happened here.
Great job Ubi. Conflux and UPlay are one of the worst things in HVI (and really not needed, if not stupid Ubisoft general policy about "gaming always online") and now they seems to be even worse.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 30 Jul 2012, 16:51

Just repulsing...

With stuff like this soming out I don't think I will play this game ever again.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 30 Jul 2012, 17:09

The new version claims to have fixed the plugin, but it also reinstalled it. At least they were pretty quick about it.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 30 Jul 2012, 17:18

Ell1e wrote:The new version claims to have fixed the plugin, but it also reinstalled it. At least they were pretty quick about it.
How do we get the new version? My version still shows as 2.0.3 (and not 2.0.4 or newer).
EDIT: OK, now it updated to 2.0.4. I just had to stop the UBI Play Bug Launcher :D , and run it again.
May the Implosion be with you!

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 31 Jul 2012, 02:05

At this point really all reaction I can give is a big sigh. If only I could time travel and tell myself not to give Ubisoft my 55 bucks.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 31 Jul 2012, 15:05

Ell1e wrote:The new version claims to have fixed the plugin, but it also reinstalled it. At least they were pretty quick about it.
Quick after it was leaked to the public, but how long had that flaw been there. No I don't think quick is the right adjective. :disagree:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

marc33594
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby marc33594 » 09 Aug 2012, 19:06

Article mentions how to find in FireFox, Chrome and Opera but not Internet Explorer. Any suggestion for those of us using IE?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Aug 2012, 17:35

Not much of a point now, the issue was fixed in a patch the same day the thread was made.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 10 Aug 2012, 19:40

marc33594 wrote:Article mentions how to find in FireFox, Chrome and Opera but not Internet Explorer. Any suggestion for those of us using IE?
I don't think they "targeted" IE! :D I.e, in my Windows 7 64-bit OS IE9 there is no such plugin anywhere. So I assume it is for those other browsers only.
(My main web browser is Chrome.)
May the Implosion be with you!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”