The Demo thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 May 2006, 17:15

theLuckyDragon wrote: I just can't stand listening to you people talking about it any more... :)
You know, suicide is always an option. So are P2P programs.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 May 2006, 17:25

theLuckyDragon wrote:Well, I'm dowloading it... It's gonna take a heck load of time, but I just can't stand listening to you people talking about it any more... :)

Hm... 6 hours... Ah, well.
Well, at least you dont have dialup. Imagine, 5 days of downloading :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 May 2006, 17:27

Funny. I had the pc run all night and after it finally got it the damn .exe wouldn't unzip. Lucky 4 me I found it on P2P and it took 5 min.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 01 May 2006, 17:31

DaemianLucifer wrote:Well, there are fallen angels, aka devils, if thats what you meant.
it's not the same.. i dont want those ugly devils, maybe the devils in h3 would be fine, but still... not the same as an evil angel :tsdown:
I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure...
:oex: winner of the the worst riddle ever :tonguehands:

Szaman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Szaman » 05 May 2006, 02:58

After all those years of waiting I finally got the demo on my computer today, but..... it crashes when I want to install it. :(
In the readme file it sais to run the HOMMV_demo.exe file, but I can't find it. When I try to run the HOMMV_Game file the error appears and it crushes.... In which folder should I look for this HOMMV_demo.exe file?
I would be glad if someone could help.. Thanks!!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 May 2006, 04:20

ThunderTitan wrote:Funny. I had the pc run all night and after it finally got it the damn .exe wouldn't unzip. Lucky 4 me I found it on P2P and it took 5 min.
[dumb mode]5 minutes?!Wow!That means you have over 2mbs connection!How did you get that?![/dumb mode] :devil:

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 05 May 2006, 04:35

I really like it, I sat up for 2 hours downloading it and sat up for 6 mroe finishing the Inferno custom scenario (on Heroic).

It feels like a good game, it feels like a heroes game. (Like all the other heroes games it has room for improvements, but find one game that doesn't).

My only problem is I can't beat the Campain map on Heroic, I've tried several different stratagis but always the second major attack on the castle is just too overwhelming. Any advice?
~ Rapier.

Amgor II
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Amgor II » 05 May 2006, 04:48

In Heroes V Demo I own both Castles and search all the land that I
can find, both above and below ground.

One of the Primary Objects is: Send Godric to Noiclai.

Does anyone know where Noiclai can be found??

Thanks..

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 05 May 2006, 06:42

Amgor II wrote: One of the Primary Objects is: Send Godric to Noiclai.

Does anyone know where Noiclai can be found??

Thanks..
You must go with Godric pass the garrison that is close to the Inferno castle. After a turn Nicolai shows himself on the map...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 05 May 2006, 07:26

dragonn wrote: You must go with Godric pass the garrison that is close to the Inferno castle. After a turn Nicolai shows himself on the map...
You'll also get that garrison revealed for you when you get that particular quest.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 May 2006, 12:05

Down south.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 May 2006, 17:49

DaemianLucifer wrote: [dumb mode]5 minutes?!Wow!That means you have over 2mbs connection!How did you get that?![/dumb mode]
[:proud:] Metropolitan speed = 10 mb, give or take. [/:proud:]

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 06 May 2006, 03:06

Alright, I've managed to make it to the third offensive on the first campain map, but no matter what I do I don't seem to be able to conserve enough army to win :(

Heroic is giving me a larger challange than impossible used too =/
~ Rapier.

Amgor II
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Amgor II » 06 May 2006, 05:34

To: Dragonn and Gaidal,

Thanks for the information on Noiclai....

Now all there's left to do.....is wait for Heroes V

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 May 2006, 06:02

The new cursor is a bit weird.While the body of the horse was the active part of the cursor earlier,now its the horses head.Its a bit hard to get used to.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 06 May 2006, 07:01

Rapier wrote:Alright, I've managed to make it to the third offensive on the first campain map, but no matter what I do I don't seem to be able to conserve enough army to win :(
How much do you earn each day? You should make the goldmine close to your castle your first priority after freeing Isabel, and as soon as the first wave has passed, you should try and get hold of the Sawmill nearby. If you think you have time, capture the second outpost as well.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 May 2006, 08:33

Witches huts are again very annoying.Why?Can anyone,even the one that adores HIII so much he wants to marry it,say that having the witch hut asking if you want the skill it offers is a bad thing? :disagree:

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 06 May 2006, 09:44

Gaidal Cain wrote:
Rapier wrote:Alright, I've managed to make it to the third offensive on the first campain map, but no matter what I do I don't seem to be able to conserve enough army to win :(
How much do you earn each day? You should make the goldmine close to your castle your first priority after freeing Isabel, and as soon as the first wave has passed, you should try and get hold of the Sawmill nearby. If you think you have time, capture the second outpost as well.
Also, you should try to build a Capitol as fast as you can. When you dig out Tears of Asha, money is not a problem anymore :D Try to split your main forces into two evenly big armies. Or even not. 10 Cavaliers + Isabel and some Archers should be enough to conquer most of the map. Remember to supply your town forces with units from both outposts. Buy a hero to maintain those reinforcements. If you manage to hold out the first assault, the rest should not be a problem...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 06 May 2006, 09:47

DaemianLucifer wrote:Witches huts are again very annoying.Why?Can anyone,even the one that adores HIII so much he wants to marry it,say that having the witch hut asking if you want the skill it offers is a bad thing? :disagree:
I've always used the not-so-important heroes from my army to check what ability the witches hut offers you. Abilities like Eagle Eye or Estates were not a threat anymore :D:D:D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 May 2006, 10:05

dragonn wrote:I've always used the not-so-important heroes from my army to check what ability the witches hut offers you. Abilities like Eagle Eye or Estates were not a threat anymore :D:D:D
Yes,but it does slow the gameplay if you have to drag some lame hero in order to check what whitch hut offers.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”