Problem with the racial gauge

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
nerbu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Problem with the racial gauge

Unread postby nerbu » 24 Jul 2012, 16:30

hello, all...I've been having a problem with the racial gauge in the campaigns since I bought the game early July.

When I first installed the game my heroes' racial ability would not go beyond level II, even when the gauge was COMPLETELY full and my heroe was lvl 30.

I contacted Ubi Tech Support and they told me there was an installation issue. I should uninstall the game and reinstall it via Uplay. I did so and now the racial ability capped at lvl III.

I did a THIRD reinstall just to be sure and the problem persisted. I contacted Ubi tech support again and they told that it was a "gameplay issue" and that I should check the manuals and forums (official and fan forums).

In the official Ubi forum, no one was able to help me. In heroescommunity forum, people suggested I should wait for patch 1.5, which was about to be released. I did that but the problem persisted.

I ran a FOURTH resinstall after patch 1.5 and (obviously) nothing changed.
Ubi tech support keeps saying it is not a tech problem and that I should try sites like this one.

So, I'm trying a second fan forum. If it is a gameplay issue like they claim, what am I doing wrong? If not, any suggestions?

I'm proving a screenshot of the first battle of the final campaign with a lvl30 might blood Anton. As you can see the gauge is completely full and the racial ability still shows as III. The same thing happened with my tears Anastasya and my tears Sandor. In my tears Irina case, the racial ability was capped at II (!).

Thanks in advance...Image

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Jul 2012, 17:30

Just a quick question: you mention patch 1.5, but the latest is 1.5.1 and patch 1.5.2 is scheduled for this week. Are you sure you have updated to the latest version?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

nerbu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nerbu » 24 Jul 2012, 20:03

I've patched it to 1.5.1.

It didnt change anything either. I mentioned patch 1.5 because it was the one about to be released when I posted this problem on the other fan forum
(heroescommunity)

nerbu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nerbu » 25 Jul 2012, 15:28

It seems the image I posted didnt work ...

Here's a direct link:

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh5 ... eissue.jpg

Sorry...really new at this...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Jul 2012, 19:32

I haven't heard of this one before, but let's see if the guys here have. I also passed the question on to some insiders, hoping they have time to find an answer.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Zenithale
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zenithale » 25 Jul 2012, 20:02

During the campaigns I had a lot of issues with the Racial gauge. For exemple she stayed grey while she was 100% filled, or I couldn't use high levels as nerbu.

nerbu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nerbu » 25 Jul 2012, 20:27

Thks for the replies.

Even if nobody has any solutions, at least I can argue with Ubi Tech Support it is not a "gameplay" issue Like they claim.

I don't think that will solve the problem, but at least they'll start looking for a solution instead of telling me to read the manual...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Jul 2012, 21:27

Yeah, it's most likely a bug, not an installation (etc.) issue. At least they know about it now, maybe they can fix it in one of the patches coming later.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Jul 2012, 21:47

Does it happen only during the campaigns as you say? If, let say, you try single scenario Tree of Plenty, does it work for you?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

nerbu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nerbu » 25 Jul 2012, 22:53

@Kalah

Well, if they at least admitted it was a bug, we could hope that but look what they wrote me last time I complained about it:

"Response Via Email (Marcus N.) 07/18/2012 22:11
Hello ,

As indicated previously, this is not a bug, glitch, or any other sort of problem with the game. Please refer to the websites listed in the previous message for assistance with this gameplay issue. Thank you for your understanding in this matter."

@Pol

Well, I bought the game recently so I havent played the custom maps yet but I'm assuming it's a campaign bug as I tried replaying the Haven campaign with a custom hero and the same exact thing happened. I'll try a skirmish this week and let you know.

Again, thks so much for the replies.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 26 Jul 2012, 09:03

How about Racial Gauge of other factions? Necro, Inferno/etc.
May the Implosion be with you!

nerbu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nerbu » 26 Jul 2012, 13:56

Naki wrote:How about Racial Gauge of other factions? Necro, Inferno/etc.
How I got the completist badge chasing a bug:

Haven lvl 30 heroes both might blood or tears gauge capped at lvl III
Necro Anastasya magic tears - gauge capped at lvl III
Sanct Irina magic tears - gauge capped at lvl II (!!)
Inferno Kiril might tears - gauge OK (turns to lvl IV when it sould)
StrongH Sandor might tears - gauge capped at lvl III

ONe more thing I forgot to mention: the manual says racial lvl IV should be reached when the hero is lvl 30, but in my case the ability appears as active (green tick on the racial ability tab) when my hero turns lvl 25 and it doesnt work, obviously.

nerbu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nerbu » 28 Jul 2012, 17:52

Pol wrote:Does it happen only during the campaigns as you say? If, let say, you try single scenario Tree of Plenty, does it work for you?
So, I finished 2 custom games with 2 different factions Necro and Sanctuary and in both cases the gauge worked normally, so it is a problem related to the campaigns only and definitely not a gameplay issue as I played them the same way I did the campaigns.

I'll contact Ubi tech support once more and see if they at least acknowledge the issue. Once more thanks for your input.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”