Can't save my game

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Can't save my game

Unread postby Ell1e » 17 Jul 2012, 10:41

I can't save my game since 1.5. The game keeps loading my pre-patch saves. While I'm playing I can create saves and load them just fine, but as soo as I restart they're gone. I've deleted all my old saves, but they keep reappearing. Can't overwrite them either.

I read that the saves are stored in Ubisoft Game Launcher/savedgames, so I took a look at the files there. Judging from the date, they're my new save files, but the game doesn't load them. I ended up deleting every file, but they reappeared after I started the game.

It looks like my saves don't get uploaded to the ubi-server and the old files get downloaded instead. All the other stuff like achievements gets saved, I even ran through the first DLC mission to see if my progress would be saved. Worked fine, but I can't finish all my games in one sitting.

Ubi support just sent me an automatic reply to my request, containing a link to "How do I send a request?". Not very helpful.

Anybody else had that problem? Any ideas how to fix it?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Jul 2012, 12:06

Are you using version 1.5.1 now? You got the news that 1.5 saves (new games started with patch 1.5) will not work then, right?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 17 Jul 2012, 16:57

Yeah, I updated my game when 1.5.1 came out. The thing is, I don't even HAVE any 1.5 saves because they disappeared. Same for 1.5.1 saves. All my saves are 1.4.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 17 Jul 2012, 18:03

Alright, someone on the Ubi forums told me a fix for this problem. I just had to disable cloud synchronisation and all my saves appeared how they should. It has the great side effect that I can now start and end my game without having to wait several minutes for the synchro to finish and still play online.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Jul 2012, 01:41

Ah, good. Thanks for posting the solution too. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 18 Jul 2012, 11:21

Have the same prob, my save games keep disappearing too for a few days now... will try to disable the cloud synchro...
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

Volti
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Volti » 02 Aug 2012, 00:04

same here, thanks for the solution

Return to “Heroes V-VI”