so none of you got this massage?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
kaveh11
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

so none of you got this massage?

Unread postby kaveh11 » 09 Jul 2012, 04:31

hello
Just bought the game, installed, registered with uplay but the moment i press the play icon i get the "Heroes of might and magic stopped working" massage. i was wondering if any of you had similar problem with the uplay.

i contacted the uplay and googled my source of error but so far nothing.
my post might be unrelated to celestial heavens thats because I am kind of frustrated, jealous that cant play the game and mad that i paid 49.99 $ CAD ( $ 55 after tax)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Jul 2012, 06:11

That's a lots of money boy. Try to check possible solutions in our FAQ section.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

kaveh11
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kaveh11 » 09 Jul 2012, 06:58

Pol wrote:That's a lots of money boy. Try to check possible solutions in our FAQ section.
I sense sarcasm coming out from your wallet, thanks for the link but no help.
Based on my search few people have similar problem but uplay tech has no solution for "might and magic heros has stopped working message". I mean, they say update directx,video card and re install launcher but that has not solve the problem. I already spend 6-7 hours, probably return the cd and hopefully get store credit or cash back.

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 09 Jul 2012, 08:02

Sorry, but I've never heard or seen that error. And there have been(are) plenty of error in the game.
Have you tried contacting Ubi support or just read their forum?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Jul 2012, 11:58

Do any of them mention that you should rename/delete your configuration file after a device driver re-installation?

I heard about this error, so it's not unknown. Sometimes it can be caused by over active firewall. Anyway it's impossible to guess if you don't put up your hw specs.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 09 Jul 2012, 12:14

"so none of you got this massage?" - what a hilarious topic name! :D
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jul 2012, 14:59

Frankly i was expecting a bot selling happy endings... i am dissapoint...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 09 Jul 2012, 16:25

I want a free massage message too!! :D
Yes, I am getting this, but not when trying to run the game. The game starts fine. I only get this if I try to Save or Load a game too quickly (before that progress bar has finished loading).
May the Implosion be with you!

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 11 Jul 2012, 02:30

I did not enter this thread expecting to read this. There's not even a sexy picture. :disagree:

bkknight2602
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby bkknight2602 » 03 Oct 2012, 23:50

I noticed the behavior, contacted Ubisoft and they gave me "we don't support lap tops" version of excuses. They did indicate updating drviers MIGHT help. I un-installed and re-installed but that did not help either.

For the befit of any that have had this behavior:
Uninstall the game and deleted the folder with the profile data.
Enter the registry and delete anything that pretains to Ubisoft, U2, Game Launcher and Heroes VI (leaving information about presvious HOMM's).
Installed the game again and everything worked.

As Pol indicated IF you get a black screen with the little circle and stops game launch, try deleting the ProfileData file and try again, worked for me.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 12 Oct 2012, 18:45

And there I was thinking maybe Heroes 6 would have a happy ending after all.... ;)
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”