Znork wrote:Well its the discusion part that is a littel hard since the ubi people have a lot of laywers who kinda watch out for everything. If you where to make a top 10 list of things you would like to improve in the map editor and i think they will listen to what you say.
I hope they actually will read them. After all there have been editor lists created before without effect. There are other mapmakers who could make equally good or better lists; unfortunately I don’t know how active they are in the forum right now. Many of them just want a user friendly editor; for a campaign editor is a must and even with a good map editor I would still not buy if there was no campaign capability.
Here are seven things I would want. I'll add to it if I think of them.
1. Start with the H-IV/Equilibris Editor and keep the menu driven system and drag and drop objects, the creation of object brushes.
2. Obviously change the objects to H-6 objects, but give a much larger variety of objects than found in H-IV.
3. Eliminate any line editing as found in the H-5 editor
4. Allow scripts that place and remove objects including cities, H-IV was limited here but did allow removal of objects that did not have the ability to hold creatures, but did not allow placement.
5. Campaign function that allows for carryover heroes, objects and variables, H-IV was great at this but could be improved. H-5’s campaign ability was an embarrassment with only a few carryover heroes allowed where H-IV essentially allows as many carryovers as you wanted (I am sure there was an upper limit but I never hit I and I used as many as 12 carryovers).
6. Incorporate a face tool type ability as found in Equilibris but make it part of the editor so that custom portraits become part of the map file.
7. Build on the face tool but also allow creation of opening and closing portraits in the map file; as well as the incorporation of narration tracks.
I hope this is not just another futile list.