10 questions faq made in paris-

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

10 questions faq made in paris-

Unread postby Znork » 28 Jun 2012, 21:44

Hi i went to paris and i asked the dev 10 questions. hers the answers. there will be a film made withet this questions. Hope you like them. Its the most honest answer we have hade in public. It was the whole gang answering the questions. i hope you enjoy reading them,

1 question made by znork
When are you gone understand that always online is Shure way to piss of your customers?

We were trying to make more than an Offline games we would have liked the user to be online when they played the game but there were some shortcomings. We were working for the offline game too have classic play like Heroes of might and magic V and we wanted conflux to be a new heroes experience online. The incentive would be that the online part would add more fun gameplay like ladder and acivmenets. The quality of the online server was not up to what we were hoping for but we are working on making them better. We do want to keep the online part of the game and make it better, And as a part of this we are are fixing the online/offline save game so that the online experience will be better even when the server is down.
2 question made by znork
Buy realsing the game porly balanced and a lot of bugs and then having av very slow patching after the relase has made the fans even more angry?
Yes we understand! The has been a lot of problems with the game , there has been a lot problems with patching due the transition from black hole to limbic. We really understand that angered the fans but we still believe the game has potential. We are now starting to improve what needs to improve in the game. We had some problems at the end of the production because of the budged, but in the end we released the game as good as we could with the resources we had. Its really god that we can release patch 1.5 withe balancing, and online offline save and much much more.
We understand that fans where angry. We now have on person dedicated to balancing the game reading the forums and just changing the numbers. He has also been working with the VIP’s to improve the balance. There is a lot things we would like to improve we have over 100 issues we would like address. We are not going to do them all of them but we are really now working on doing as many of them. We have improved the patching proses, and we now feel the patching progress is now a lot smother. We are no longer in crunche mode but are now more looking at what important stuff can we do to improve the game.
3 question by kingimp
Do you not realize how badly you have turned off the majority of long time Heroes fans by charging an exorbitant amount for this DLC when you haven't even proven you can properly fix this broken game first?
We really wanted to some support and patching before we released content people would have to pay for. Fixing the game is our number 1 priority. We believe the adventure pack is reasonably priced by how much game play the customers are getting and we have keeping to the industry standard on the pricing. We believe you really get a lot form the adventure pack. The prices will of course drop as times goes.
4 question by kingimp
How about giving us this DLC for free as a sign of good will for releasing a product that in essence was no better than a Beta?
There are 15 people working on supporting the game and improving the game and the need to get paid. But we believe the adventure pack is good and people should give it a change. We would also add that patch 1.5 adds a multiplayer maps from adventure pack for free.
5 question by kingimp
Are there any plans of simplifying the map editor at all?
Yes we are! When we were working heroes 6 there were a lot of things we would like to improve, the map editor was one of this but since the end of development was as it was we sadly did not have the time. One thing to know about the map editor, the map editor is a very powerful tool. The main issue there is a huge gap between the hardcore map makers and the casual map makers. We are now trying to make map editor more rewarding and pleasing to use. We are no really working on this but it will still be a complex tool. This will be on the main topics we will be working on the next 3-4 months.
6 question by Fyrestorme
what was the primary motivator to make weapon artifacts tie directly into the dynasty system?
There was to obvious choices for that we wanted something that was power full and was part of the game. And we wanted something to highly visual in the 3d modules. That was why add dynasty pets also for heros 6.
7 question by Fyrestorme
if you were going to make another heroes game in the future, what types of things did you learn from h6 that you would apply to it?
Try not to release an unfinished game! We could have long list, but we will try to get a more global answer. Era of control worked very god. The reputation system did not work so well. The skill sytem was not good enough and we would like to improve that. We are very concerned about the quality of conflux and what the service to improve but not removed. We did not get the story part the game was not that good, but we believe the adventure pack will show how much we have improved the story telling. We are talking about resources spell books and things that like that and we are listening to what the community is saying. We believe we lost something making the game to rational. And having town screen right from the start!
8 question by Gabryelxxx
Are we ever going to get the free DLC with the Academy faction that Black Hole promised back during the beta ?
We do remember this, and we know this is based on miscommunication. But there is a lot of things going happen, and we have plans.
9 question by broui
Used to be that when we clicked on a destination point for our hero to travel, you'd know how many turns it would take to get there. Got plans to put that back in?
First of got the same questions twice will take this back to the team and get back to you on it.
10 question by broui
Is Crag hack the only classic hero on tap for a return?
There is a lot og other heroes we would like to return to ashan. But online time will tell. You’ll have to buy the adventure pack:D
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Jun 2012, 21:51

Good questions - excellent Q&A there. I'll archive it on our main page like last time. :)

Like with our own confrontational Q&A a couple of months ago, I'm surprised they agree to answer such questions - that at least counts in their favour. B-)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 28 Jun 2012, 21:55

Kalah wrote:Like with our own confrontational Q&A a couple of months ago, I'm surprised they agree to answer such questions - that at least counts in their favour. B-)
There's no such thing as a bad question. It's undeniable sometimes it tickles a bit :) but people have the right to ask these questions.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 28 Jun 2012, 22:01

Me think znork as good fan question sent dev well. Nice see good answer through here board read. Ceep good stuff come znork that way game mnake good still.

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 28 Jun 2012, 22:10

Honestly I wouldn't call these questions that great, most of these questions are from enraged fans, which I wouldn't call the majority.

The only Q&A we need in this tone is after Heroes 6 is finished, a look-back on the development on it. I know Ubisoft knows a lot about what it did right/wrong with H6, and massive complications with a developer probably followed by 5 months of arguing would just make it impossible to get anything useful done, but telling the fans about these difficulties will do absolutely nothing to make the game better.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Jun 2012, 22:39

It's a good point - perhaps it is a good idea to focus on game contents in the questions in the coming Q&As.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 28 Jun 2012, 23:51

Can't believe they think the era of control was a good thing... really hate that and should have stayed in the diciples series were they prob got the idea from in the first place ( and were i didn't like it either)
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 29 Jun 2012, 02:14

This is unreadable, full of both typo and grammatical mistakes, no font difference between questions and answers... Sorry, I do not even read it until it is formatted.

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 29 Jun 2012, 03:23

area of control worked really well, what annoyed me though was that they always had chokepoints in between the areas of control. They didn't need to do that, more open free flowing maps is better.

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 29 Jun 2012, 07:21

Spin wrote:Honestly I wouldn't call these questions that great, most of these questions are from enraged fans, which I wouldn't call the majority.

The only Q&A we need in this tone is after Heroes 6 is finished, a look-back on the development on it. I know Ubisoft knows a lot about what it did right/wrong with H6, and massive complications with a developer probably followed by 5 months of arguing would just make it impossible to get anything useful done, but telling the fans about these difficulties will do absolutely nothing to make the game better.
Hey tnx for the feed back i will realy try to ask som more happy questions next time. to be honest its a lot harder then it looks:D
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 29 Jun 2012, 07:52

thanks for the Q&A anyway you asked many questions that no one else would ask.

I think we really just need to let go of black hole's/ubi's mistakes in the last 12 months or so and look to the future, which is looking a bit brighter than it was in December/January.

jeff

Re: 10 questions faq made in paris-

Unread postby jeff » 29 Jun 2012, 15:00

Znork wrote: Are there any plans of simplifying the map editor at all?
Yes we are! When we were working heroes 6 there were a lot of things we would like to improve, the map editor was one of this but since the end of development was as it was we sadly did not have the time. One thing to know about the map editor, the map editor is a very powerful tool. The main issue there is a huge gap between the hardcore map makers and the casual map makers.
Campaign editor aside; this is a disturbing answer and shows a complete lack of understanding on the part of UBI. Define hardcore mapmaker; to me it has nothing to do with your computer expertise. I would like to think I am one, but have no intention on using an editor this is much more complex than the H-IV editor. So does that make me really a casual mapmaker in their eyes? If that is how they are going to approach it; then for me don’t bother. :mad:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Jun 2012, 19:16

Kelben wrote:This is unreadable, full of both typo and grammatical mistakes, no font difference between questions and answers... Sorry, I do not even read it until it is formatted.
I have translated from Znorkish to Kalahian on this page. :)

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 29 Jun 2012, 20:15

Kalah wrote:
Kelben wrote:This is unreadable, full of both typo and grammatical mistakes, no font difference between questions and answers... Sorry, I do not even read it until it is formatted.
I have translated from Znorkish to Kalahian on this page. :)
Well it is obvious that English is not Znork's first language; perhaps not yours either Kelben. I appreciate the fact he translated it; so I didn't have to use Bing translator which can be far worse.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 29 Jun 2012, 21:32

It's not unreadable. It's definitely a translated version; that's for sure. But the fact that it contains syntax errors and typos do not necessarily make it unreadable. Kelben's mother tongue probably isn't English or he would have recognised the difference between grammar and syntax errors, the majority of which, in the aforementioned passage, are of the latter kind.

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 30 Jun 2012, 02:00

Thank you Kalah, now going through. And I'm French for the ones seeming to wonder.

berntie
Scout
Scout

Unread postby berntie » 30 Jun 2012, 12:14

Translation of answers from marketing speech to plain English:

Q1: "Never."

Q2: "We understand, but we don't care."

Q3: "We don't care about long-time Heroes fans."

Q4: "F**k you."

Q7: "Not nearly enough."

Q8: "No, and f**k you".

Q10: "Though we couldn't care less about what you think from our product, we certainly encourage you to buy anything related to it."

Man, I'm glad I haven't spent a single minute or a single cent for anything related HVI. And I definitely never will. With a probability bordering to certainty, I'll also never waste my time or money on a HVII or any following sequels, should Ubi produce such a thing.

They killed the Heroes franchise with HVI and I believe they killed it for good.

It doesn't make me overly sad, though. The old games provide quite enough content for me. And I haven't even tried the original M&M RPG series. For me, there's enough left to explore, and I think, there always will be.

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 30 Jun 2012, 12:42

Great Q&A. Would never have guessed them to answer so blunt questions, so very nice indeed. And a free map is nice, but still doesent make up for the beta they sold us.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 30 Jun 2012, 15:30

berntie wrote:Translation of answers from marketing speech to plain English:

Q1: "Never."

Q2: "We understand, but we don't care."

Q3: "We don't care about long-time Heroes fans."

Q4: "F**k you."

Q7: "Not nearly enough."

Q8: "No, and f**k you".

Q10: "Though we couldn't care less about what you think from our product, we certainly encourage you to buy anything related to it."
What an interesting translation berntie!

If you are right about something is that question 4 was translated into marketing language. Any question which basically says "will you work for me for free, slave?", should really only be answered with "sod you". Not to mention that most of the questions and especially 1 through 4 are not really questions but whining with a question mark affixed.

But what really betrays your reasoning is this:

"Man, I'm glad I haven't spent a single minute or a single cent for anything related HVI".

Then you have no opinion. Stop "translating" stuff about other stuff for which you have no idea because you weren't bothered with them at all. Let the people who bought and used the product speak.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 30 Jun 2012, 16:29

hellegennes wrote:"Man, I'm glad I haven't spent a single minute or a single cent for anything related HVI".

Then you have no opinion. Stop "translating" stuff about other stuff for which you have no idea because you weren't bothered with them at all. Let the people who bought and used the product speak.
I agree with everything else, but object to the idea I or anyone else has to spend money to develop an opinion. There are people on this forum whose opinion I trust, and can form one based on their comments. Also UBI itself has admitted to several mistakes that can color ones opinion without buying including their failure to create a user friendly editor. If only people who bought the product posted, then crickets would create more chatter here than people.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”