Expansion "Pirates of the Savage Sea" announced!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
SirTimotheus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Expansion "Pirates of the Savage Sea" announced!

Unread postby SirTimotheus » 14 Jun 2012, 16:55

According to the M&M site and facebook: http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6 ... m:6-231-32
The year following the events of Heroes VI, several ships have disappeared in the Savage Sea during sudden and mysterious storms. Although that wouldn't be so surprising in and of itself - these waters are known to be dangerous and unforgiving, even for experienced captains and seafarers - there are rumors running about the taverns attributing the disappearances to something mysterious.

The Pirate Council has hired the legendary Crag Hack to find out what happened. Crag Hack has been it all: mercenary, barbarian, and pirate. It is therefore time again for this legendary Hero to be called out of retirement and embark on a new and perilous adventure.

Will Crag Hack’s unique spirit of adventure be enough to defeat the mischievous and chaotic winds of the Savage Sea?

"Might & Magic Heroes 6 Pirates of the Savage Sea" will be available on July 12 for a price of 9,99 euros (£7,99)
And according to facebook:
At the same time we've got another great news for you: thanks to fan, player and journalist feedback on this subject, we are now providing a favorite feature of past Heroes games, adding beautifully animated Town Screens, tailored specifically to the expectations of Might & Magic fans. Town screens will be available with the patch 1.5 on July 12 as well!
Just a month away, nice! I wonder what exactly Pirates of the Savage Sea entails?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Jun 2012, 17:19

Thanks, I'll post the news right away on the front page. Good to see you're still lurking. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

SirTimotheus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirTimotheus » 14 Jun 2012, 17:27

I still lurk. I just don't post much because I actually enjoy Heroes 6 and don't feel like responding to the loud majority of people who claim everything about it is a travesty, a sacrilege, and an affront to everything they stand for. :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Jun 2012, 18:55

A satisfied Ubi customer? In the immortal words of Basil Fawlty, we ought to have him stuffed. ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 15 Jun 2012, 09:31

I did not expect this, not at all.
I wonder if they will add a new faction, it's only 9,99 so it might be an additional campaign or something. In which case it better qualifies for download able content.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

mordredrs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mordredrs » 17 Jun 2012, 00:42

Mirez wrote:I did not expect this, not at all.
I wonder if they will add a new faction, it's only 9,99 so it might be an additional campaign or something. In which case it better qualifies for download able content.
They will not add a new faction, this is kind of disapointing, everyone was waiting for some elven faction in the 1st expansion... :/
"Beware of spellcasters with bats as familiars. It means they have regular need to be abroad at night."

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 17 Jun 2012, 02:01

It is not an expansion, it is a DLC. I find it rather wise to wait before expanding the game to have fixed 99% of the many bugs still crippling the game and being ignored at each patch released while everybody keeps on mentioning them.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 17 Jun 2012, 08:18

Any I haven't even finished the campaign yet ...
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Jun 2012, 09:37

Banedon wrote:Any I haven't even finished the campaign yet ...
And you do know that you should finish it with every faction hero? :P
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 17 Jun 2012, 09:42

So that tells us what? That Ubisoft have finally realised the importance of Town Screens, 5 patches and more later than they should have done. That Ubisoft for some reason expects us to pay 10 euros/8 pounds for what is basically a fan-campaign.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 17 Jun 2012, 21:07

I will be a lemming and get the DLC just as a show of support for the HoMM franchise despite not having touched HoMM 6 since November.

mordredrs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mordredrs » 17 Jun 2012, 22:30

ywhtptgtfo wrote:I will be a lemming and get the DLC just as a show of support for the HoMM franchise despite not having touched HoMM 6 since November.
I'll probably do the same... :proud:
"Beware of spellcasters with bats as familiars. It means they have regular need to be abroad at night."

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Jun 2012, 23:11

I have opened a poll on the main page about it, if you'd all like to get your votes in ...

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 18 Jun 2012, 10:43

treants are dendrosexual 0_o

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 20 Jun 2012, 13:35

Great! I once thought they are going to simply abandon HoMM6 and start anew in HoMM7. Definitely going to try out the expansion and see whether the patches have made the game more enjoyable.

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby infael » 08 Jul 2012, 20:04

How will we be able to buy Pirates?
Dell XPS 400, 2 Gb RAM
-Win 7
-all King's Bounty games; M&M 1-9, HOMM 1-6

Return to “Heroes V-VI”