A dozen of new H5 screenshots:

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
I_Dun_Hat3_CT
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Location: Singapore, Am i the ONLY SG GUY HERE?? Hey we are at least a dot.

Unread postby I_Dun_Hat3_CT » 13 Apr 2006, 09:56

umfridus wrote:I think the Treants are now officially the funniest looking creatures in HoMM history, defeating HIV's chicken on fire by a landslide. :|
Nah, there are much more, to me i think it is the gargolye which has won the prize of being funniest.
Haven Knights Rulez After clearing my garbage, i still have that garbage smell on me even after i bath several times. Only until a few days later, i know wat is the reason, im living in a garbage dump.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 13 Apr 2006, 10:15

I_Dun_Hat3_CT wrote:Nah, there are much more, to me i think it is the gargolye which has won the prize of being funniest.
Yes, but not in a bad way. :)

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 13 Apr 2006, 10:23

There will always be creatures that gets hanged out by fans as with all previous homm games.
We just have to get used to it :D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Apr 2006, 13:13

But the Treant is a bad rolemodel for the kids. Now they'll think it's cool to be anorexic. Something must be done... 8|
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 13 Apr 2006, 13:41

ThunderTitan wrote:But the Treant is a bad rolemodel for the kids. Now they'll think it's cool to be anorexic.
Do you really think kids will find it cool to look like a treant? Granted that 90% of all people are idiots, and that that percentage certianly isn't lower in agegroups containg youths, but I still don't think anyone will actually wish to look like a 3m insect-tree crossbreed...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

LordHoborgXVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby LordHoborgXVII » 13 Apr 2006, 13:42

They'll start eating leaves, and having red eyes...
Something must be done indeed.
Let's hope they won't start hopping around in crouching positions holding slabs with writing on them. That just wouldn't be good. :scared:

Anywaay, the screenshots loook very nice otherwise. Why is Agrael riding a lizard though? I can't believe they have lizards in the demonic regions of hell. But then again maybe it's that the dark elves live closest to the demons' lands. International trade, you know. Still, it's odd.
Happy Millenium!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Apr 2006, 13:56

OMG.... what if he's a Dark Elf in disguise. And then him and Isabel have babies. 8|
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 13 Apr 2006, 13:59

*Ahemm* Check out the first page, Orfinn figured this thing out yesturday ;)
EDIT: Don´t watch if you want to avoid SPOILER!!!
Last edited by FantoMaxJM on 13 Apr 2006, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 13 Apr 2006, 14:00

Shh! Ubisoft might be listening- you don't want to give them any ideas ;)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Tysar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Tysar » 14 Apr 2006, 17:57

The new one looks like a crossbreed of a tree, a carot (the thing at the top of it's head) and spiderman :D I think its too skinny and the ancient treant doesn't look ancient at all... bon apetit :D

I'm really happy with the direction the game is going, I'm surely gonna buy it as long as I'll be able to upgrade my PC.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 15 Apr 2006, 12:41

Since I fought against the new treants and watched them in motion, I don't think they're THAT bad anymore. They look more like animals, which is ok. But I think they move too fast.

Mitzah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mitzah » 15 Apr 2006, 14:32

I still think that the old treants were better...just my opinion. I don't like the Inquisitor too much either...:(

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 15 Apr 2006, 16:52

Darkstroem wrote:Since I fought against the new treants and watched them in motion, I don't think they're THAT bad anymore. They look more like animals, which is ok. But I think they move too fast.

Definitely! I am not a fan of the current look, but I'm willing to overlook it if the unit actually acts like what it is supposed to be, which is a huge SLOW tree. Watching it run across the battlefield makes me sick. It just looks completely stupid seeing it move that fast. Same thing for the Golems, Zombies & Earth Elementals. They should all move slowly across the field since they are inheritantly slow units.

I really am loving this demo and my list of things that need to be fixed are far and few in between, but this whole mindset they have over at Ubi to make everything fast is really annoying.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”