What kind of battles do you like?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

What kind of battles do you like?

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Apr 2012, 21:46

I enjoy the huge clashes of thousands of troops as much as anybody, but for some reason, I have grown to like the small battles a lot. Those small clashes at the beginning of each map, where you have to conserve your troops and be careful not to lose a single core creature ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 01 May 2012, 02:44

Yes I agree, they are fun in a different way. I also find it quite exciting to look for the perfect battle careful placing troops on the battlefield, using that particular ability or spell, wait to strike, run around....

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 01 May 2012, 10:28

I'm careful not to lose a single creature in all my fights except the last few :)
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 01 May 2012, 10:34

The most enjoyable battles for me are these from begining, where you have not enough troops and need to careful planning your next move and use any advantage to win combat.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 01 May 2012, 22:45

Yes I enjoy creeping a lot more then the actual battles vs the enemy
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

fatespinner
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fatespinner » 03 May 2012, 07:04

Many small battles can be cruicial. Even the easy ones I know I will win, it's like I need to win with minimal losses. I hate when I wear my army down from numerous small battles then an AI army with hit me. It's like losing a few units here and there, it all adds up.

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 03 May 2012, 12:06

I mostly tend to like the final battles in maps. Those very last end clashes with the last enemy hero/town. These battles don't need to be huge per se, but the point is that because you're finally 'allowed' to lose troops (since losing troops isn't going to make a difference for further battles), suddenly a whole field of additional tactics opens itself up. I'm thinking stuff like going berserk with an Orc army and actually doing what they're good at - charging in and attacking everything in melee as soon as possible.

mordredrs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mordredrs » 04 Jun 2012, 14:06

I've preference for all battles in medium and large maps. I'm terrible playing in extra large and huge maps... ;|
"Beware of spellcasters with bats as familiars. It means they have regular need to be abroad at night."

Return to “Heroes V-VI”