Katauri for developing future HOMM?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Would you like that Katauri develop future Heroes Games?

Yes, it has showed enough skill to do that
55%
No, they are such a losers
No votes
Other Comapny should do that (Specify)
9%
I dont know, since Katauri has not made anythnig as complex as an Heroes
27%
I dont really care
9%

Total votes: 11

MutareDrake
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Katauri for developing future HOMM?

Unread postby MutareDrake » 10 Apr 2012, 16:04

Hello, Im a member of the hispanic community Torre de Marfil.

There, some members were considering that, due to the several rumors of Black Hole iconvinents for continuing in the developement of H6 patches/expansions and knownig that Ubisoft won´t call Nival again, some of us think that Katauri (The company which brought recent Kings Bounty games) may be the ideal one to take the endeavour of developing our favourite game series in the future.

What do you believe?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 10 Apr 2012, 17:37

And where is an option "No, because Ubisoft is in charge"?

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 11 Apr 2012, 08:43

My option is stop obsessing over HoMM and make Might and Magic X. Not sure if Katauri would be able to handle this properly. The new game by them better not be filled with dumbass "humour" like King's Bounty remake was.
Avonu wrote:And where is an option "No, because Ubisoft is in charge"?
Nowhere, the poll is about whether or not Katauri should be developing a new game.
Last edited by XEL II on 03 May 2012, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 11 Apr 2012, 12:48

...and in that case, no answer is valid for me. As long as Ubisoft is in charge, it doesn't matter which company will be doing next HoMM game.
NWC and Katauri done their games as they "saw" them, without interventions from games publishers about how game should look. Ubisoft one the other hand has plenty of "brilliant" ideas how game develop by others should look (do you remeber Nival quote Ubi idea about HV as RTS?). So changing game developer will do nothing as long as Ubisoft has too much influence to game developing proccess.

MutareDrake
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MutareDrake » 11 Apr 2012, 14:47

Avonu wrote:...and in that case, no answer is valid for me. As long as Ubisoft is in charge, it doesn't matter which company will be doing next HoMM game.
NWC and Katauri done their games as they "saw" them, without interventions from games publishers about how game should look. Ubisoft one the other hand has plenty of "brilliant" ideas how game develop by others should look (do you remeber Nival quote Ubi idea about HV as RTS?). So changing game developer will do nothing as long as Ubisoft has too much influence to game developing proccess.
As Xel II wrote, the idea of the poll is about Katauri, however, I see your point and think it is a good aport for the topic discussion. Thanks for your answer.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 12 Apr 2012, 10:13

I am with Avonu that a fish rots from the head down. As long as Ubi does not change, the origin of developer is secondary. We know that Ubi first tried to rehire NWC, but only the music composers Romeo and King found Ubi terms acceptable. Since Kings Bounty is RPG and Homm TBS, I am not overly sure that Katauri could do a great Homm even if they have all freedom and finances they wish.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 12 Apr 2012, 10:28

Pitsu wrote:I am with Avonu that a fish rots from the head down. As long as Ubi does not change, the origin of developer is secondary. We know that Ubi first tried to rehire NWC, but only the music composers Romeo and King found Ubi terms acceptable. Since Kings Bounty is RPG and Homm TBS, I am not overly sure that Katauri could do a great Homm even if they have all freedom and finances they wish.
I had a pleasure of communicating with some of those guys and I can assure you - they understand Heroes waaaay better than any team Ubi had, has (and most probably - will ever have).

But still I would prefer that Katauri made their Heroes (Mages, Elements, whatever) independently from Ubi. Ubi has absolutely nothing to contribute, but a lot to ruin.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jac » 12 Apr 2012, 13:15

XEL II wrote:My option is stop obsessing over HoMM and make Might and Magic X
Indeed I think the Might and Magic series needs to come back, imo. Give HoMM another expansion to complete the roster and fix everything, then it's time to revive an old favourite. I had a good bit of fun in Skyrim, but I can't help but notice the missing things in it that made M&M such a fun series. Enough HoMM for now, let's bring back M&M.

arthureloi
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby arthureloi » 16 Apr 2012, 15:34

Avonu wrote:And where is an option "No, because Ubisoft is in charge"?
This.
Pitsu wrote:I am with Avonu that a fish rots from the head down. As long as Ubi does not change, the origin of developer is secondary. We know that Ubi first tried to rehire NWC, but only the music composers Romeo and King found Ubi terms acceptable. Since Kings Bounty is RPG and Homm TBS, I am not overly sure that Katauri could do a great Homm even if they have all freedom and finances they wish.
King's Bounty is a brilliant game, but it's clearly not an RPG.
One could only match, move by move, the machinations of fate and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 16 Apr 2012, 15:52

So to Ubi make and them to go bankrupt?

Thanks but no thanks.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Apr 2012, 07:06

Meh, i don't think KB qualifies them t make a Heroes game any more then making Etherlords qualified Nival... different types of game in the same genre imo.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ChimTheGrim
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChimTheGrim » 30 Apr 2012, 02:32

They should let Blizzard do it.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 03 May 2012, 04:57

ChimTheGrim wrote:They should let Blizzard do it.
I really can't see Blizzard being interested at all, even if they wouldn't just be working for another company. Any other game they make would make alot more revenue.

Although Blizz making a Might and Magic type game would be a dream come through, but that's never gonna happen...
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”