Help - impossible achievements

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
RedTyke
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Help - impossible achievements

Unread postby RedTyke » 15 Mar 2012, 12:58

I have two problems can anyone help

1. Marksman - have used several factions with only shooters deployed - no close combat but still 0/25 dont understand what i am supposed to do

2.Some rotten forever - after emptying Necromancy used agony to kill last enemy - doesnt give any Necromancy points but wont give achievement - what am i doing wrong

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Help - impossible achievements

Unread postby Avonu » 15 Mar 2012, 13:47

RedTyke wrote:1. Marksman - have used several factions with only shooters deployed - no close combat but still 0/25 dont understand what i am supposed to do
IIRC the easiest way is to defeat 25 enemy heroes without army (very easy in campaigns).
RedTyke wrote:2. Some rotten forever - after emptying Necromancy used agony to kill last enemy - doesnt give any Necromancy points but wont give achievement - what am i doing wrong
It works the best when your necromancer is lower level.
Attack neutral units with your ghouls or ghosts. When enemy retaliate, some of your units will die and your necromancy metter wil eventually fill enough to use it. Just wait with your units until you can kill last enemy stack with one hit but before it, use necromancy to raise your dead.
You should kill all enemies and use all necromacy points.

RedTyke
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RedTyke » 15 Mar 2012, 14:27

Finished all campaigns still 0/25

done exactly what you said - could see the Necro empty but killing with units or hero added necro points so tried it again with agony this didnt add necro points but still didnt award achievement ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 15 Mar 2012, 14:45

What's with the question marks?? One or two, three max, is enough. No need to type in 1000 question marks, OK?
May the Implosion be with you!

RedTyke
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RedTyke » 15 Mar 2012, 14:57

I asked for help which Avonu has tried to give but her solution is not working for me - but thanks for your enlightened contribution

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 15 Mar 2012, 15:21

RedTyke wrote:I asked for help which Avonu has tried to give but her solution is not working for me - but thanks for your enlightened contribution
OK, maybe Avonu will reply to your comments with more suggestions soon, hopefully. By the way, how do you know Avonu is a "she"? :D

EDIT: Did I offend you? If so, I didn't mean to do that, sorry.
Last edited by Naki on 15 Mar 2012, 15:37, edited 3 times in total.
May the Implosion be with you!

RedTyke
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RedTyke » 15 Mar 2012, 15:26

Naki ?????????? in multiple is a statement of frustration not an insult maybe you should more careful before becoming aggressive

SoRHunter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SoRHunter » 15 Mar 2012, 16:14

RedTyke wrote:Naki ?????????? in multiple is a statement of frustration not an insult maybe you should more careful before becoming aggressive
And you should be more polite to your elders...

This is a forum where many people come and try to enjoy themselves. Your multiple question marks are an insult to us all, specially towards Avonu who tried to help you.

If you are frustrated by my reply, you can pick your stuff and troll some other part of the internet. Thank you.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 15 Mar 2012, 21:41

To quote Terry Pratchett, 5 question marks are a clear sign somebody is wearing their underpants on their head. By my count that's 25 underpants. Do you even own that many? I'm not sure I do, I'll have to count after I do my laundry.

Okay, now that we have the bad joke out of the way, please calm down, kids. Getting that frustrated after only one reply that didn't work is a bit too much, don't you think? Getting frustrated by somebody getting frustrated isn't that better.

As for actual advice, as far as I can tell your count for Marksman doesn't increase if you use Hero attacks. Some special abilities like the Griffins' Battle Dive or the Sisters' Heal against undead also don't count, so if you used any of those, the counter won't go up. Just try deploying only shooters and don't let your hero attack. You might want to get this done on easy maps.

As for Some Rot Forever, one reason I can think of why you're not getting the achievement is because when your Necromancer hero attacks an enemy, they will be marked with Sign of the Necromancer. If the enemy dies within three turns, you'll get Necromancy points. You'll get them even if you just won the battle, so this can fill your gauge above 25 %. To avoid this, use a low-level hero (= less points), don't use the hero attack and then do what Avonu told you, heal right before the killing blow. The best way to do this would be with a small stack of Elite creatures, since you'll likely have one enemy left before the killing blow. There's a small stack of Earth Elementals close to the beginning of Necropolis 1, I got the achievement there.

edit: Wheee, I'm a Pixie now!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Mar 2012, 22:55

Ell1e wrote:edit: Wheee, I'm a Pixie now!
Congratulation Ell1e. ;)

So apart from hiding the link. I'm certain that more than five exclamation marks or questions marks are enough and more of them will not pronounce the desired effect.
They are sign of something else. Neither there is need to use them on our forums, internet or generally anywhere apart from specific sort of pictures.

Please RedTyke retract from using them. A frustration is not the main thing connected with presence of so many of them.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Heroes V-VI”