Server Downtime

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Server Downtime

Unread postby Ell1e » 21 Feb 2012, 20:37

Is it just me or has the server for Heroes been down a lot since that server update? I keep having problems connecting to the Conflux and since I usually play online I can't even access my saved games in offline mode. It's kind of annoying that this isn't announced in the Uplay screen, I mean they have this Twitter feed there but it never says anything important.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Feb 2012, 21:25

It's not just you ...

My contacts are telling me that it's a general problem which has affected several Ubi games the last week.

Obviously, since M&M H6 is so hugely dependent upon the operation of the servers, the lack thereof has huge consequences.

The M&M team must be incredibly frustrated ... :mad:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 21 Feb 2012, 21:46

This is beyond pathetic.

All further Ubisoft games are a no-no for me.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 21 Feb 2012, 21:49

Is this only me or this game is turning in grand failure?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Feb 2012, 22:18

Again, it's not just you ... I hear rumours that something is happening ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 22 Feb 2012, 01:05

I agree this is pathetic :disagree:

And my friend is trying to push me in buying Anno... This might suffice as a vaccination already.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 22 Feb 2012, 06:17

So, Black Hole are paying for Ubi's Sins (a.k.a. bullschizes)? Now that's classy, isn't it?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 22 Feb 2012, 09:07

Kelben wrote:And my friend is trying to push me in buying Anno... This might suffice as a vaccination already.
I also thought about this game but as long, as it have UPlay, there is no way to do that.
It seems to be good game but have same disease as HVI and Settlers 7 - need of onlince connection.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 22 Feb 2012, 09:45

parcaleste wrote:Is this only me or this game is turning in grand failure?
It did so long before it went gold. :mad:
Kelben wrote:I agree this is pathetic :disagree:
And my friend is trying to push me in buying Anno... This might suffice as a vaccination already.
I hate to admit it, but Anno 2070 is great. And it continues in offline mode when servers are unavailable. It's a minor issue there. And you can always apply a special "patch", you know ;)
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 22 Feb 2012, 09:54

Okay, so right now either the servers have been down for about 12 hours or they went up and then down again in this timespan. Maybe I should just start playing offline.

jtemperance
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jtemperance » 22 Feb 2012, 18:26

All further XXX games are a no-no for me.
Seriously? Extremely offensive. This sort of language should not be permitted on this forum.
Last edited by Anonymous on 22 Feb 2012, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 22 Feb 2012, 21:10

Agreed and edited. Let's stick to the "UbiHole" variety, shall we ...

jtemperance
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jtemperance » 22 Feb 2012, 21:16

Kalah wrote:Agreed and edited. Let's stick to the "UbiHole" variety, shall we ...
Thank you, I appreciate that. I edited my quote as well!

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 23 Feb 2012, 01:01

Avonu wrote:
Kelben wrote:And my friend is trying to push me in buying Anno... This might suffice as a vaccination already.
I also thought about this game but as long, as it have UPlay, there is no way to do that.
It seems to be good game but have same disease as HVI and Settlers 7 - need of onlince connection.
It is not obviously to have to play online. I have SC2 and play a number of games via steam. It is this scary Uplay.
Nonetheless, as mentioned per Dalai, it does not seem to be so bothering in the case of Anno 2070 to lose connection momentarily.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Feb 2012, 09:45

But if I buy game with this kind of "feature", I will "show" publishers that I accept their policy of DRM:
"Look, how many players bought our game. So its proofs that this kind of DRM system can't be wrong and it's working." :P
I always can wait for Gold/Complete edition which hopefully will be without this kind of "protection".

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 24 Feb 2012, 04:25

I follow your line of thinking. That is if you dare compare battle.net with conflux hahaha. SC2 is biased because it is a multiplayer game anyway.

For waiting I just got Skyrim yesterday. MMH6 direction the shelves until further patching. That's kinda sad though :(

s2now
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby s2now » 02 Mar 2012, 14:59

DRM system is unfortunate but necessary.
If you look at the pc game titles that sold well in the past, they usually share one big similarity - massive online component (starcraft 2, call of duty, world of warcraft just to name a few) people buy these games almost exclusively for their online gameplay. and its very difficult if not impossible to pirate online game play. Even traditional single player game like the Total War series has introduced massive online gameplay notably with the release of shogun2, to improve sale which they did quite well.
HMM, on the other hand, is a complete turn based strategy game. attractive online game play is very hard to establish for obvious reasons. most people buy it for the single player component. Therefore, why buy the game when u can just download it for free and play offline.
DRM and things like dynasty weapons and trait are there to encourage people to buy the legit copy of the game.
while I agree that it is sad for people who brought the game (myself included) to have to deal with UPLAY problem, know that this is probably what keeps HMM still alive. and until ubisoft come up with a new solution to counter piracy, this is absolute necessary

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 02 Mar 2012, 15:31

Bullshit.

Do some additional reading on the subject and google Valve's speech about piracy being a service problem. The larger amount of complaints about piracy comes from middle-man CD presses that are losing their millions because of stuff being available digitally.

I could've and actually should've pirated H6, judging just based on how clunky it was when released. I buy good games because they're good, not because I have to.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”