Some dumb questions regarding Homm 5 map editor

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Heya
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Some dumb questions regarding Homm 5 map editor

Unread postby Heya » 30 Jan 2012, 11:55

Hi everyone!
I'm in a dire map making process and I really need someone to help me.

Currently, there are only 2 issues that are bugging me. Yeah, I am quite sure these questions may sounds extremely stupid to some of u, but no matter what, I need the answers :D

1) How can I place some imported objects like a green, glowing flame, "undeadish" one, in the second mission (The Grim Crusade) of undead campaign in ToE? It looks like an acidic vapor that blocks the path to the final Academy town.

There are more than that, it's just that I can't remember all of those eye-candy objects and I think there should be the way to import some objects into the map, but I have no idea how.

2) So I want to increase the stats of a hero, that conquers a dragon utopia. I think this should be quite doable via scripts, but the problem is that I am not a pro in scripting, and I have no idea how to insert a variable hero. I am talking about a multiplayer map I am making, so it's really impossible to make this script run for all heroes.

For those who didnt understand what I was about (thanx to my pro english skills):
A hero, let's say, Jhora - a hero from academy faction. She approaches a dragon utopia, kills some dragons and aside from those prizes - artifacts, gold, experience and spell bonuses that she gets from the utopia naturally, i want a script that will increase her stats, too. For example, give her +3 to all stats. Also, there should be a message displaying that gift.

Any Ideas?

markkur
Demon
Demon

Re: Some dumb questions regarding Homm 5 map editor

Unread postby markkur » 01 Feb 2012, 03:00

How can I place some imported objects like a green, glowing flame, "undeadish" one, in the second mission (The Grim Crusade) of undead campaign in ToE? It looks like an acidic vapor that blocks the path to the final Academy town.
Have you opened the file-tree under map properties? I know there are several Necro effects, like vapors, bats etc.

So I want to increase the stats of a hero, that conquers a dragon utopia.

Any Ideas?
I don't script but there is a scripting-guide available here at CH and I think I've seen what you're wanting discussed in the map-making forum or at least other functions that may show you how to do that.

Heya
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Heya » 01 Feb 2012, 12:27

well, I STILL can't find those vapors and stuff. Can U tell me in a bit more detailed way? :D (step-by-step explanation should be enough for retards like me)

thank you anyway.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 01 Feb 2012, 16:08

1. click the tab "view"
2. then "map properties tree"
3. click on an object on your map (should be red)
4. In the drop dpwn...Go to "shared" (to the right) and click on the long file AdvMap... etc.

5. 2 boxes get added (a "blank" one and "new")
click on the 1st blank square and all objects will reveal on the left side.

Note; what is highlighted grey is what you have clicked-on already

6. if you click on something else in the list it will change to the new selection.

Note: some things are missing, if there is "null" in the upper left window of the object-deatail, then the object no longer exists

The stuff you may want is up the file in the under a "dirt" folder" You'll find it and a lot more.<L>

Be sure to frequently save whatever map you're working-on "outside of the editor" too.

Also, here's link to something I did last year to help folks with map-making.

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=33887

Heya
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Heya » 02 Feb 2012, 17:36

duude thank you really much. Thanx for efforts, that really helped me, u showed me exactly what I wanted. Haven't tested those scripts yet, but those objects already made my day.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”