Sanctuary Mission 3 - what skills to pick?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Sanctuary Mission 3 - what skills to pick?

Unread postby Naki » 27 Jan 2012, 19:48

My Irina hero leveled up to the max (24 level), and also reached Tears 2 shortly after that. What skills do I choose for her? I have the option to reset all skills. My Irina is the default - Magic hero.

Also, I have a secondary hero - Tiangbo, who is a might hero and carried over from mission 2. I am now leveling him up. What skills do I choose? He comes with a lot of useless Water skills. Tianbgo seems to be a Blood hero, although I am unable to level up his Blood or Tears points.

Also, an Orc shaman hero, Rakav, joined me in mission 3, do I have to use him at all? Will he carry over to mission 4, or not?

Thanks!
May the Implosion be with you!

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 27 Jan 2012, 21:24

Changbo is a Tears hero, your secondary hero always has the same alignment as your main hero. He gets different skills than Irina from his alignment because he's Might.

Anyway, Heal and Regeneration are good spells for troop conservation. The damage direct spells like Ice Bolt, Lightning and Implosion are nice to have. Meditation is good for boss battles especially and some of the Summon Elemental spells. Teleport can be fun too. You should also get Irina some Reinforcement, Logistics and the skill that gives you additional movement points on water, because having three more points than an enemy hero is a very good thing. I think that's about the skills I use the most. I've heard that Stone Skin is pretty good, but I keep forgetting to cast it.

Rakav doesn't carry over and I never really used him.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 27 Jan 2012, 21:30

For some reason, I noticed that Tiangbo has 3 turns for the Bless spell (Flawless assault). Since it is a Blood spell/skill, I think Tiangbo is Blood.

Do you have the names of upgraded Hero classes (Blood/Tears) for Sanctuary?
I mean Monk ---> XXX ---> XX
Samurai ----> XXX ---> XXX

NOTE: My game is in Russian. Tiangbo appears as "Segun" (transliterated from Russian).

P.S. How about Haste and Slow??

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 28 Jan 2012, 11:13

The unofficial manual has those names:

Might: Samurai (Neutral), War Master (Blood), Shogun (Tears)
Magic: Monk (Neutral), Flood Conjurer (Blood), Tide Master (Tears)

Shogun sounds kind of like Segun, I think. I wanted to suggest you look at his color scheme because Blood is really dark blue and Tears light blue, but then I remembered that Changbo looks like a giant brown snake. ^^

edit: The skill for Might Blood is Prepare for Strike, a passive skill that deals additional damage for unspent movement points. Might Tears gets Eightfold Lotus, an active skill for unlimited retaliation (I think). So if Changbo has Eightfold Lotus in his skillbook, he's Tears.

As for Haste and Slow, I thought people agreed they were useless over in the Simple Questions thread? Anyway, I think they might be more useful if you were fighting orcs. Haven has low initiative anyways and Sanctuary troops are pretty fast. It might help against that Necropolis hero with +2 movement for ghouls to keep them from walking up to your priestesses, but generally it's another spell I have but forget to use.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 28 Jan 2012, 17:09

So if Changbo has Eightfold Lotus in his skillbook, he's Tears.
Hmm, yes, he has it. Why can't I use that skill in battle, though?
Are only main heroes allowed to use their Blood/Tears special skills?

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 28 Jan 2012, 19:41

summon earth/water elementals make creeping MUCH easier. Lightning bolt and Implosion are nice as well. But I would focus mainly on immobilizing enemy troops. Serenity, time stasis, blind, petrify make you win games you'd otherwise lose horribly.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 28 Jan 2012, 20:03

Slow and Haste are not useless. It is useless to spend 4 skill slots for Slow, Haste, Mass Slow and Mass Slow. But maybe 1-2 (out of 4) of these are OK?
Last edited by Naki on 28 Jan 2012, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 28 Jan 2012, 22:06

Mirez wrote:summon earth/water elementals make creeping MUCH easier. Lightning bolt and Implosion are nice as well. But I would focus mainly on immobilizing enemy troops. Serenity, time stasis, blind, petrify make you win games you'd otherwise lose horribly.
Thanks!
Can you please tell me, which spell school is Implosion in? How does the icon look like? I assume it is a Level 3 skill.
Also, you said "immobilizing" - Ice Bolt does that nicely, unless fighting against Sanctuary troops.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 29 Jan 2012, 15:17

Well for the majority of the campaign my strategy was to 'soak' the enemy using tidal wave/water elementals and then attack with a +20% stronger lightning bolt/chain lightning. Water elementals are great for immobilizing because they can freeze a unit with their special attack.
It's great for creeping but not very useful in the last map. With time stasis, petrification, serenity and blind you can immobilize 2 stacks for the first few turns.

As for implosion, it falls under the chool 'prime'. It's the spell on the 3rd row to the right.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Pyroxene
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pyroxene » 30 Jan 2012, 01:32

Since Irina is tears/magic, I would recommend the following:

1) Reinforcements 1 & 2
2) Heal & Mass Heal
3) Regen & Mass Regen
4) Summon Water and/or Earth Elemental
5) Petrification
6) Time Stasis
7) Meditation
8) Teleport
9) Lightning Bolt & Chain Lightning plus optional Daze
10) Arcane Exaltation (+spell power) x3
11) Arcane Ward (+mag def) x3
12) Phy Def skill (+might def) x2
13) Logistics
14) Archery 1
15) Giant Killer
16) Ambush
17) Tactics 1 plus optional Tactics 2
18) Blind

Exactly 30 skill points. If you kick out the optional skills, you could squeeze in stone skin 1 & 2.

Pyroxene
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pyroxene » 30 Jan 2012, 03:55

On second thoughts, you'd probably do better if you picked Haste and Slow instead of Stone Skin 1 & 2.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 30 Jan 2012, 15:14

Thanks, but I need 24 skills, because my Irina is Level 24.
Which 6 of these can I pick later on?
(I am currently in Mission 3, just one fight left - final enemy castle.)

EDIT:
How about Snatch and Pathfinding?? Snatch would mean faster creeping.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 05 Feb 2012, 18:12

BUMP

Return to “Heroes V-VI”