CC spells duration difference??

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

CC spells duration difference??

Unread postby Naki » 21 Jan 2012, 20:55

I am trying to block a unit from moving/attacking for several turns.
I am playing with Sanctuary (Irina), for some reason the spell duration looks as one number (4 for example) and when I cast it and look at the creature it has been cast on, it shows another number (3 for example).
Why does that happen? Thanks!
May the Implosion be with you!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 21 Jan 2012, 21:10

It seems sometimes game count turn before unit action as first turn. At least it was before patches, I don't know how it is now (ex. Agony or "posion" effects hit target before it move - it same mechanism as in case of cyclops' ability).

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 21 Jan 2012, 22:04

Avonu wrote:It seems sometimes game count turn before unit action as first turn. At least it was before patches, I don't know how it is now (ex. Agony or "posion" effects hit target before it move - it same mechanism as in case of cyclops' ability).
I am not asking about spells that damage the creature. I am asking about Serenity, Blind, Petrify, Time Stasis/etc.
May the Implosion be with you!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 21 Jan 2012, 23:07

It seems sometimes game count turn before unit action as first turn.
But to b honest I forgot about other possibility outside bugs - magic resistance. This stat could shorten spell duraction... maybe.

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 21 Jan 2012, 23:55

The spells show the effect for a unit with 0% magic resistance i think. This is why Spells like Time Stasis always say 3 turns but you rarely ever get a 3 turn Time Stasis on a creature.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 22 Jan 2012, 22:11

I think the tier of a unit might also matter. For example, serenity works longer on core creatures than champions.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

JypeFIN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JypeFIN » 23 Jan 2012, 21:11

I think Magic Defence affects also to the spell duration. If a creature has high MD spell duration will be shorter.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”