Expansion #1 wish list

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Expansion #1 wish list

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Jan 2012, 17:00

We've had the H6 wish list, so now let's set up a topic about what we want for the first expansion.

Please, keep it short and simple so that the devs will read it. :)
Last edited by Anonymous on 03 May 2013, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 18 Jan 2012, 15:32

Engine's optimization for a smoother game? Would be nice if it comes rather quick via patches though...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Jan 2012, 17:18

2 more factions and more neutrals...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 18 Jan 2012, 20:18

It's pointless, but what the heck; A user friendly campaign editor. :wall:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 20 Jan 2012, 12:06

- Some maps that don't use the Area of Control to provide different gameplay
- More Scenario maps (even adding great user-made maps).
- Extra adventure map objects.
- A few extra spells/abilities

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 20 Jan 2012, 12:46

- New factions
- New campaign with shorter maps, or more forgiving maps. (So you don't have to play for hours, to find out, you picked a wrong spell or took a wrong turn, so you now have zero chance of beating the level.)
- More artifacts, and make them looks different on the Adventure map, so you can see what it is, instead of always have to right click it.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 20 Jan 2012, 13:08

Make the other 3/4 of the skills/spells useful.

FreshHope
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby FreshHope » 21 Jan 2012, 15:00

I like the special ability of 'death glare' from the Mighty Gorgons of HOMM3, perhaps on one of the new units in the expansion will be cool.

cde804
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cde804 » 02 Feb 2012, 18:32

A setup option in each campaign and map for Area of Control or the old property system. I also like "death glare" to be back. Mummies is a must. Also optional creatures level up.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Mar 2012, 11:23

I'd like the Academy to make their entry onto the field. I would also like more neutral creatures. :)
Last edited by Anonymous on 20 Jul 2012, 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 23 Mar 2012, 11:33

I would like a real crossover with the original Might and Magic universe.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 03 Apr 2012, 16:15

Update of my previous wishlist by features from previous games, title by title. I don't think every of these things should be in HVI (because more =/= better) but some of them are worth to be in game and somehow I thing developrs forgot about some basic things. So let's go:

HoMM I

- Go back to more resources. Having only crystals is boring on long run. Yes, it is easier to balance but that is just a lazy way to create game. :P

- People (well, creatures) on town screens (of course we need town screens first :P), so we have an illusion that towns are living place (or unliving in case of Necropolis). Not only monster in front of their homes but also some visitors at tavern, merchants on marketplace, guards at castle, seagulls at shipyards, rats on the street, birds (or griffins, or dragons) on the sky, etc.

- Cursed artifacts. Yes, this worthless items which you cannot loss (maybe bind on pickup for backpack?) but you can uncurse them in special adventure map building (and maybe even you get that way some nice artifact?)

- Artifacts pick up descriptions or artifacts descriptions at all. Now they are nameless junk for me (yes, they have names but no story).

- Unique city building plans and need to build certain buildings before you build and/or upgrade elite or champion monster dwellings.

- Thieves' Guild and tavern with (useful) gossips.

- Mage guilds. Mage skills could be changed to passive bonuses but spells should be learned from guilds (and maybe even research there).

- As above - Magic Shrines on adventure maps.

- Wells. Yes, this little unbalanced wells which gives you +2 creatures/week, no matter if they are peasants or dragons. Wells (or fountains) should be in towns, not necessary with their previous mechanics, because people needs to drink fresh water and no one sane build city without access to fresh water (demons are insane mind you :P).

- Ultimate Artifacts. Yes, powerful artifacts which you need to dig up (and where went Obelisks? :P), one per map, which take lots of time to locate (or just hear to tavern gossips :P) but gives very good bonus to stats (or skills).

- King of the Hill AI skirmish option (players vs all AIs).

- Ability to set starting resources for every player and AI.

- I would say about Dumb AI difficult option but we already have plenty of this. :P

HoMM II

- Different path in campaigns = different maps or starting conditions (1 castle vs 3 AIs' or 3 castles vs 1 AI's - depending or your choice in game), different allies (strong hero or always join monsters or carry-on artifact) not just different solutions for one or two (the same) quests.

- Recruitable Ghosts and Genies... and I mean Ghosts and Genies from H1-2 were they were killing machines. Not needed to be these monsters by the names but by their mechanics (we have Black Knights in HV who are like Genies in H1-2).

- And of course recruitable neutral units. They can have one-time recruitment dwellings (like Genies in H1-2) if needed but any options to have them in army would be nice.

- I always liked HoMM2 terrian grounds - badlands, lava, desert - they looks so beatuful and has nice adventure objects oly for them (mana spring which double mana ponts amount, city of the dead, pyramids, centaur caverns on snow, etc.)

- Special town buildings (like Orchand to get more Halfings, Dungeon to get more gold, same as Statues, Library, etc.).

- Magic schools spell progress. You get basic spell on level 1 but mass spell on 3 or 4. So no more unbalance from H3.

- Lookout towers and Eyes of Magi. Where did these exploaration time saving buildings went?

- Haunting Mine and Elemental Guard spells. Sabotage Mine is nice but these two are better in long run.

HoMM III

- Ability to set up starting bonus (artifact, resources or gold/crystals)

- Battlegrounds which have differents bonuses: Holy Ground, Curse Ground, etc. and they looks very nice on battlefield.

- Resource silos, blacksmiths, artifacts merchants, Lighthouses, Grail buildings - you can see how many town structures HVI is lacking.

- And of course war machines.

- Dragons, dragons and more dragons... wait, after we get so many dragons in HV better not. :P

- Witch Huts with free skills but you can always refuse to get them (or Witch Huts with skill points)

HoMM IV

- Terrian in town screen depends of adventure map terrian, so we have different townscreens for same type of city but on different place.

- Neutral units should be align to certain faction. We have Mermaids already which are bounded with Sanctuary (her passive skills), so why not rest of them? This could create more town line-ups (for example replacing Spring Spirits with Mermaids or Water Elementals).

- Diversed adventure maps stacs - so while we see forexample Shark Guards, they could have Kappas and Pearl Maidens with them. After all, we have Core, Elite and Champion units line-up, so why not fight with all three types of Cores or Elites in one battle?

- Buildable mines. Why not build your kingdom from scratch? Just place some wood, ore, crystal sources and force players to build mine there.

- Pirates, Sea Monsters, Water Banks - more water objects to interact, not just two bonus sites, one wrecked galleon and Mermaids. Message in Bottle (sea signpost) also would be nice.

- Creatures Banks which resuplly after time so you can fight for treasures and units once again.

HoMM V

- Plague Tent, Fireball Ballista - unusual use of war machines (this also counts for catapult as WoG showed).

- Blacksmith which sells (for double or triple price) additional war machine.

- Skills but something from beta, were you can have 4 abilities for 1 skills and you can see what you need to get certain abillity (yes, it was planned and scrapped long before Skill Wheel).

- As above, another scrapped feature from beta - town fort screens where you could buy creatures.

Additional

- Arcomage game in town taverns or maybe even as additional duel mode. :D

EDIT:
Please note, these are only gameplay features. There are more things to correct and add if you look at: UI, Map Editor, Sim Turns, Skills, Economy, etc. - Game Mechanics in general.

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 20 May 2012, 22:02

1. Return to using the old resources but keep the blood crystal as a convertable 'joker' resource which can be translated into any of the rare resources. This way a map maker can essentially decide if he is going to use blood crystals in his map as a new strategic question and all the old maps will still work with the new mechanics.

2. Restore the Elves, Dark Elves, Dwarves and Wizards factions. But Dark Elves please have at least reasonably practical clothing next time!

3. Armies should be instantly destroyed if massively outmatched without a battle to save time (as with the way neutral armies flee). Also armies which in a battle are reduced to a certain fraction of their original hitpoints determined by their morale will flee and dissapear from the game.

4. Heroes with fewer move-points that transfer troops to another hero with more move-points will set that hero to have their move-points, thus getting rid of the two heroes move exploit which is so beloved of Heroes players. :devious: :devious:

5. Decent non-cheating AI. However cheating related to reinforcing end-game bosses is a good idea as it prevents the 'win by waiting' strategy.

6. Make all the game's feutures work properly offline including with stuff like dynasty weapons.

7. Daily recruitment (like in Heroes IV) rather than weekly creature pile-up.

8. Prevent people from recruiting units stockpiled by other factions upon capturing a city but having forceful capture of a city set unit stockpile to 0 for all units. Implement an around the board morale penalty for using foreign troops according to a customisable set of relations between sides and various town-types.

9. Improve the conversion mechanic. One should only be able to convert towns that dislike you and conversion should normally require control of a town for about a month, a dwelling about 2 weeks and a fort about a week. In this time the object is rendered useless, except for controlling territory. In addition to this converting towns and dwellings (but not forts) permanantly hurts the morale of all units belonging to that town and the likelyhood of neutral creatures deciding to join that faction.

10. Randomly generated heroes, with random names, abilities, spells and hero portraits to appear in taverns instead of forever reusing a limited set of people who somehow seem to be everywhere at once. This also adds a whole new strategic dimension as players have to make a decision as to which of the randomised heroes to hire (they won't all be as good as eachother).

11. Reserve army slots so one can carry as many creatures as you like even if they can't take part in a battle. If your original army is destroyed your tag-along units are automatically destroyed as well.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 04 Jun 2012, 14:30

Recruitable neutrals.
Individual dwellings for neutrals.
More use and way how to encurage combination of armies
Desmising the Creature pool

More resources.
An interesting economy system

GDPanda
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby GDPanda » 07 Jun 2012, 19:19

Factions, factions, factions. Also, diverse neutral creature set (10-14?),a freindly map / campaign editor and the oh so missed town screens and i think a good deal of oflks would be happy.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 Jun 2012, 05:33

Balance and graphical changes are insufficient. Make the game live. Also AI must be balanced.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 30 Jun 2012, 15:22

A revamp of the skill system, its to generic and picking spells as of its a skill is/was a bad choice of the devs.

To reintroduce Magic Guilds, I want a Magic Guild, hence the change of the skill system.

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 13 Jul 2012, 01:18

This is petty I know but:-
I wish I could delete saved games quicker or be able to save more games
when on-line. Save game screen too small. Takes too much time out of actual gameplay.

ChimTheGrim
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ChimTheGrim » 31 Jul 2012, 19:32

Things we need in an expansion...
2 More Races:

-We need a darkness race like HoMM3 had (called Dungeon). No more Dark Elves. Bring back the eery Dungeon.

-An Elf race like HoMM3 or HoMM5, but please don't make the Treants look like aliens (a personal pet-peeve in HoMM5).

More neutrals.

-HoMM3 had a lot of neutrals and it kept the maps feeling fresh and new.

Simultaneous Turns
-online multiplayer

Talk to Cabybara about doing a Clash of Heroes 2 (loved that game--one of my favorites)

-Maybe make it a game you can play after you beat the campaign--to further your immersion into the story. ;)

A side note: great job on the town screens. I am very glad to see how awesome they look. I really hope you will always keep town screens in any future heroes games.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 31 Jul 2012, 20:17

Here is my wish:
(TOO, TOO late!!) Do NOT produce/release any half-ass DLCs or Adventure Packs, but ONLY (a) full expansion(s)! :D :D
May the Implosion be with you!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”