Help! Necro campaign 3 oddness

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
nekoboy86
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Help! Necro campaign 3 oddness

Unread postby nekoboy86 » 15 Dec 2011, 01:50

After i mopped up the neutrals in my area and i attacked fire elementals guarding the portal to the inferno towns below, fireballs start hitting ana at the end of the inferno's turn, everyday which kills 30% of my troops. within a few days what remains of my troops was just 20 ghouls and 50 skellies. What went wrong? is this supposed to be normal? i dont see it being mentioned in maltz's walkthrough tho. anyone else experienced this?

the dead units do not show up in the altar of eternal servitude either. whats going on?

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 15 Dec 2011, 12:55

You mean this happened outside of battle, during the Inferno's turn? That... really isn't supposed to happen. Try restarting the mission and see if it goes away I guess?

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 15 Dec 2011, 17:00

Actually I have heard similar things in other forums, but I always thought people were talking about the town structure during the actual siege battle. There is also a "firestorm" adventure building to visit, but the effect of that is only limited in battles, not on the adventure map.

Maybe restarting the map and rush the underground Inferno as early as possible?

nekoboy86
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nekoboy86 » 16 Dec 2011, 02:02

yup. at the end of the inferno turn, the camera turns to ana and a fireball hits the hero on the adventure map. then a quick check reveals missing units. And they do not show up on the altar of eternal servitude.

okay i did some testing yesterday and as long as ana is underground at every end of the inferno turn the fireball thing happens. the fireball thing stops when she is no longer underground. is this a bug? or did i take too long to go down? i've restarted the game a few times now. gonna restart again later.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 16 Dec 2011, 10:20

It didn't happen for me at least, so it's either a feature that happens randomly to give players a greater challenge or a bug. I'd think it's the latter.

How long did you take to get underground? You said you cleaned out your area, so I'm guessing during the first month?

I guess you already tried this but if you leave the underground, wait for a turn and go back, is the fireball still there?

You said you restarted the game, but have you tried restarting the whole mission? Loading a corrupted save file won't help.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 16 Dec 2011, 21:37

I was looking at the Tear of Asha building for an Inferno Town - Meteors are fired at any enemy hero entering the player’s Area of Control, dealing 1000 damage (Fire) to all creature stacks in their army. That seems to fit your description.

Do you (live long enough to) see a dragon thing hoovering above the Inferno town underground on the very west? If yes, the mystery is solved. But how did the Inferno heroes obtain the Tear of Asha remains a mystery.

nekoboy86
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nekoboy86 » 17 Dec 2011, 02:55

maltz wrote:I was looking at the Tear of Asha building for an Inferno Town - Meteors are fired at any enemy hero entering the player’s Area of Control, dealing 1000 damage (Fire) to all creature stacks in their army. That seems to fit your description.

Do you (live long enough to) see a dragon thing hoovering above the Inferno town underground on the very west? If yes, the mystery is solved. But how did the Inferno heroes obtain the Tear of Asha remains a mystery.
yup. the town has tear of asha. you're right. it is odd that that town starts off with the tear. another bug. sigh

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 17 Dec 2011, 13:32

In my game, I did not see the Tear of Asha structure. (I tried to take it as soon as possible. Maybe worth a try?)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”