blood and tears reputation explanation

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

blood and tears reputation explanation

Unread postby saugeen123 » 04 Dec 2011, 02:04

I don't understand the blood and tears reputation. What does blood mean or tears mean? What types of abilities will lead to either one? Is one might and the other magic

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 04 Dec 2011, 02:34

It doesn't have to do with might and magic, you can see the descriptions of each skill on the hero screen and gather blood or tears points towards the side that appeals to you more.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

qiox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby qiox » 04 Dec 2011, 05:44

It's also important to look at all the spells. The one's with a white border/background will be enhanced when you upgrade tears. The one's with a red border/background will be enhanced when you upgrade blood. The one's without white or red, they are just grey, are not effected by your blood or tears rank.

Each of the 2 times you level up to the next tier of reputation, damage spells of that type gain +15%

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 04 Dec 2011, 10:33

qiox wrote:It's also important to look at all the spells. The one's with a white border/background will be enhanced when you upgrade tears. The one's with a red border/background will be enhanced when you upgrade blood. The one's without white or red, they are just grey, are not effected by your blood or tears rank.

Each of the 2 times you level up to the next tier of reputation, damage spells of that type gain +15%
Also, non-damage spells get a boost, for example instead of lasting for 2 battle turns, they last 4 turns/etc.
(For example, the spell that gives you max damage.)
May the Implosion be with you!

peta62
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby peta62 » 04 Dec 2011, 11:27

Naki wrote:
qiox wrote:It's also important to look at all the spells. The one's with a white border/background will be enhanced when you upgrade tears. The one's with a red border/background will be enhanced when you upgrade blood. The one's without white or red, they are just grey, are not effected by your blood or tears rank.

Also, non-damage spells get a boost, for example instead of lasting for 2 battle turns, they last 4 turns/etc.
(For example, the spell that gives you max damage.)
I would say all blue numbers in description grow with their origin ( blood/tears/magic power/etc. ) skills.

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 04 Dec 2011, 12:56

I think everybody touched on it, but to try and give a quick explanation:

Tears and Blood have nothing to do with Might or Magic. A hero is Might or Magic orientated, and this allows him to take either rank 3 Might or rank 3 Magic abilities. Tears or Blood is basically "whether your hero is Samuel L. Jackson or Bono". In the campaigns, you are sometimes offered choices that grant either Blood or Tears points. You can choose to go in either 'direction' and 'level up' a hero to either the Tears or Blood side when enough of the respective points have been acquired. The path you choose also somewhat impacts your hero; you get spells A and B when going Blood and spells C and D when going Tears.

It basically works the same as experience, with the exception that Tears or Blood points are only attainable in some situations, and the fact that you can only choose one path and only 'level up' twice in your respective path.

In a nutshell, any hero, might or magic, can decide to for example go 'blood'; in the campaign this means he makes the dickhead decisions when they pop up, and he'll get two additional abilities aligned with the blood class of that specific hero.

peta62
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby peta62 » 04 Dec 2011, 15:36

I would just add you gain blood/tears also during combat by using spells of blood/tears nature as they are defined. Of course many spells are neutral.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 04 Dec 2011, 16:46

Also, I think we should add, that each next level up needs more points.
For example, I think the 1st level up needs 250 points, then the next 1000 points. Also, if you have for example 260 Tears points and 256 Blood points, you can choose to level up either - but you then "lose" the other one, and will only be able to level it up once you get 1000 points for it.
Last edited by Naki on 04 Dec 2011, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.

peta62
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby peta62 » 04 Dec 2011, 21:47

Naki wrote:Also, I think we should add, that each next level up needs more points.
For example, I think the 1st level up needs 250 points, then the next 1000 points. Also, if you have for example 260 Tears points and 256 Blood points, you can choose to level up either - but you then lose the other one, and will only be able to level it up once you get 1000 points for it.
I think you are correct except loosing points, I would say you keep them just you have to gain 1000 for the second ( or the third depend how you count the initial level ) level.

Edit : Outside of the topic what the hell is the "Galactic Gargle Blaster" ? :-D

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 04 Dec 2011, 21:50

Yes, you are correct, I should have written lose with quotes ("lose").
You lose the chance to level up the other kind without needing those extra points up to 1000...

EDIT: I think it is something from a science-fiction novel (maybe sci-fi parody/comedy?). :D
Last edited by Naki on 04 Dec 2011, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.

peta62
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby peta62 » 04 Dec 2011, 22:02

Naki wrote: EDIT: I think it is something from a science-fiction novel (maybe sci-fi parody?). :D
I had the same feeling, strange, I had it on 42 posts, but on 43 I am back on Leprechaun, I have to watch it in order not to lose such jokes :D

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 04 Dec 2011, 22:10

peta62 wrote:
Naki wrote: EDIT: I think it is something from a science-fiction novel (maybe sci-fi parody?). :D
I had the same feeling, strange, I had it on 42 posts, but on 43 I am back on Leprechaun, I have to watch it in order not to lose such jokes :D
The number 42 has a special meaning in that novel. :D

peta62
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby peta62 » 04 Dec 2011, 22:53

Naki wrote:Yes, you are correct, I should have written lose with quotes ("lose").
You lose the chance to level up the other kind without needing those extra points up to 1000...

EDIT: I think it is something from a science-fiction novel (maybe sci-fi parody/comedy?). :D
You are right, stupid me, I should have remembered, it is from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I liked it, but I forgot this one. I still cannot recall the relationship to the number fourty two, I hopeI will in the morning with fresh brain :|

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 05 Dec 2011, 18:42

I don't think there's a direct connection between the Galactic Gargle Blaster and 42, except that they're both from the same series. 42 is the answer to the life, universe and everything, the Galactic Gargle Blaster is a strong alcoholic beverage.

...Okay, actually the answer to everything being alcohol does make a lot of sense.

Back on topic, I read somewhere that in the campaigns you're set to either Blood or Tears once you change classes for the first time, anybody know if that's true?

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 05 Dec 2011, 22:38

I think it's easier to just read them as Blood=Offensive and Tears=Defensive.

For example, any damaging spells or skills, as well as offensive/proactive manouvers such as the Rush ability are associated with Blood reputation. Using these skills as well as generally being aggressive in adventure map choices gives you points to your Blood Reputation experience. These skills will also become better when you are specced into Blood Reputation.

On the other hand, any defensive buff spells and abilities as well as healing, passive buffs, Diplomacy, etc is associated with Tears reputation. Using these skills as well as generally being defensive/friendly in adventure map choices gives you points to your Tears Reputation experience. These skills will also become better when you are specced into Tears Reputation.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”