> 28 days later

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 06 Dec 2011, 02:44

Angelspit wrote:
ywhtptgtfo wrote:"TROLOLOLOLOL I haunted all of my friend's mines and fed all my peasants to them"
We didn't say trolololol back when Heroes II came out. :D
You forgot that people actually would still play Heroes II at the time of TROLOLOLOL's invention on the web.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 06 Dec 2011, 23:02

In Heroes 6, it's like:
"Oh look. A shrine of 7th dragon"-----> Great, I have 150K gold, why don't I level up both my main hero and a second hero as well? Why not a third?
"Is that a chain lightning?" ---> Oh, Chain Lightning won't affect my own troops now, that is great!!!
Well, it is like that for me... :D

What sucks so far (not played a lot yet):
* Me: Oh, my barbarian hero has so little mana!
Game: Here, have no mana jars anywhere on the map!
Me: This sucks!!

* Hmm, my necro hero has tons of mana, I can hardly use 1/3 of it!
Game: Here, take this tens of jars of mana on every map corner, you need it a lot! You don't need it for the barbarian hero anyway... :disagree: :disagree:
May the Implosion be with you!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 06 Dec 2011, 23:14

Naki wrote:In Heroes 6, it's like:
"Oh look. A shrine of 7th dragon"-----> Great, I have 150K gold, why don't I level up both my main hero and a second hero as well? Why not a third?
"Oh, wait. I need to safe crystals for my champions. Besides my hero is lvl 30 already and has Mentoring skill which will level my secondaries for free."
Naki wrote:"Is that a chain lightning?" ---> Oh, Chain Lightning won't affect my own troops now, that is great!!!
"Oh, wait. It won't affect enemy troops also. What is lost of 30-50 units if they have legion?"
If only Spell Power Magic played more important role for spells duration and power...

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 06 Dec 2011, 23:26

30 level hero? I am still not done playing my first mission 2... :( :(
My hero is not level 12 yet.

I played the missions in chrono order, 1st missions for all races first...

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 07 Dec 2011, 02:13

Blocks100 wrote:So this is now available at 50% of the RRP @ Zavvi. I'm thinking of treating myself to a game over the festive period, (and I need a break from Skyrim!) - is it worth it, even at this price, with all the problems to date??
Better wait before first expansion .Bugs are too many etc
Naki wrote:Imho, the game is great. I have played just 5-6 missions so far though.
The story and presentation - I like. The bugs are bearable so far.
I don't like the dumbing down (less resources/mass recruit/etc) much, but I can take it.
I liked first impression too for 4-5 days,but it turns boring quick
Lord Godwinson in BDJ mods for MM 6 and 7

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 07 Dec 2011, 11:33

I am playing for 3-4 weeks already, and it did not get boring yet, at least for me - maybe it is different for others... :D
I don't have time to play a lot every day, though.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 04 Feb 2012, 01:47

Banedon wrote:>28 days later and not only have I not played more than three campaign missions I did not already finish in the beta, I'm actually seriously playing H3 again ...
Another three months later I still haven't touched H6 and I can't even bring myself to start up the game, yet I finished a couple more campaigns in H3. Wtf ?? :disagree: :disagree: :disagree:

I can't even tell what's wrong with H6, other than I don't want to play it.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 04 Feb 2012, 09:45

I almost forgot about it completely. Has Marzhin posted lately? I remember he posted regularly prior to H6's release.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 04 Feb 2012, 20:27

Pretty much sums up the general tone of people's reception of gameplay changes.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Feb 2012, 22:42

XEL II wrote: Pretty much sums up the general tone of people's reception of gameplay changes.
Yeah, it's funny how people don't like getting rammed up the arse...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 04 Feb 2012, 22:48

ywhtptgtfo wrote:I almost forgot about it completely. Has Marzhin posted lately? I remember he posted regularly prior to H6's release.
Probably even he has something much more fun to do. :D
Last edited by Dalai on 05 Feb 2012, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 04 Feb 2012, 23:24

ThunderTitan wrote: rammed up the arse...
Would you like to talk about it? :D
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Feb 2012, 23:27

Talk all you want, just limit the language civilized ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 05 Feb 2012, 10:08

XEL II wrote:Pretty much sums up the general tone of people's reception of gameplay changes.
Are you implying that I have to like all the changes because Holy Jewbisoft graced us with new HoMM (MMH, actually) game?
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 05 Feb 2012, 15:26

klaymen wrote:
XEL II wrote:Pretty much sums up the general tone of people's reception of gameplay changes.
Are you implying that I have to like all the changes because Holy Jewbisoft graced us with new HoMM (MMH, actually) game?
I'm not implying anything moronic like that, let alone anything about you (since I haven't mentioned you at all :)). Just that many reactions to many of the changes are too harsh and over-the-top.

I don't like them cutting resources, though.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 07 Feb 2012, 01:09

XEL II wrote:
klaymen wrote:
I'm not implying anything moronic like that, let alone anything about you (since I haven't mentioned you at all :)). Just that many reactions to many of the changes are too harsh and over-the-top.

I am all for changes, but the game's crap. Bugs aside - the A.I.'s a zombie and game play lacks variety. It's all about healing, regeneration, and transforming every single castle you capture (if you have the cash). Then there's town portal.

I like MM9 and Skyrim and they are big departures to previous installations of the series.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 07 Feb 2012, 13:19

ywhtptgtfo wrote:I am all for changes, but the game's crap. Bugs aside - the A.I.'s a zombie and game play lacks variety. It's all about healing, regeneration, and transforming every single castle you capture (if you have the cash). Then there's town portal.
I went from being disappointed with the game in the beta stage, to liking it in the one month I played the drawn-out campaign, to becoming completely disillusioned with the game and feeling the same about it as the above poster. I haven't touched it in almost three months and I may or may not give it another shot at some point.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 08 Feb 2012, 11:13

XEL II wrote: I'm not implying anything moronic like that, let alone anything about you (since I haven't mentioned you at all :)). Just that many reactions to many of the changes are too harsh and over-the-top.

Actually I am one of those people who dislike manyof these changes, or at least the way they are implemented. :)
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Feb 2012, 13:35

I will give it another shot at some point. ORC editor would help tremendously, however. :devious:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 08 Feb 2012, 17:40

Desperate for another patch here... :hoo:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”