> 28 days later

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

> 28 days later

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 23 Nov 2011, 03:02

So folks, the game has been out for more than 1 month and still we have no sign of a new patch. Even with a version 1.2 addressing the bugs, the many shortfalls in the game's design have little hope to be improved.

Should we certify Heroes 6 as a failed sequel? Personally, I'd say it's worse than the vanilla Heroes 5, by far and I've since almost forgotten about the game after Skyrim's release.

Strange that I was more excited about Heroes 6 than Skyrim just 6 weeks ago...

RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 23 Nov 2011, 03:08

I like it, though the bugs are truely annoying to be sure, can't they just fix some of the most obvious onces like Imperial Griffins and disappearing dynasty weapons first? sheesh.

I don't think my computer is good enough to play Skyrim, and I'm not a huge huge fan of first person RPG anyway.
The river of time wash away all heroes

peta62
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby peta62 » 23 Nov 2011, 10:25

RollingWave wrote:I like it, though the bugs are truely annoying to be sure, can't they just fix some of the most obvious onces like Imperial Griffins and disappearing dynasty weapons first? sheesh.

I don't think my computer is good enough to play Skyrim, and I'm not a huge huge fan of first person RPG anyway.
So it is not my mistake that Griffins do no damage to enemy units when I try to use their special feature "flying to the sky and hitting later", is it a bug ?

I also like the game, I just try to play according to its real behaviour rather than expected one, I hope they will fix it eventually.

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 23 Nov 2011, 10:46

We should certify it the way it's been certified so far: as an interesting and decent Heroes game that is shamefully plagued by bugs up to the point of bare playability.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 23 Nov 2011, 18:28

And here at least I thought I would be mercifully free from the Skyrim hype.

Played it a bit. Got bored. Average game, nothing really special. Give me BioWare plot rails any day over this empty, meaningless "freedom".

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 23 Nov 2011, 20:10

Sikon wrote:Give me BioWare plot rails any day over this empty, meaningless "freedom".
QFE

I considered giving Oblivion a shot (several years late), but then remembered why I got bored of Morrowind. Walking around with no real purpose, I can do that outside of a game thank you.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 23 Nov 2011, 20:39

Angelspit wrote:
Sikon wrote:Give me BioWare plot rails any day over this empty, meaningless "freedom".
QFE

Walking around with no real purpose, I can do that outside of a game thank you.
You do know there are quests, right? :creative:
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 23 Nov 2011, 21:18

Wasn't freedom to explore and do quests whenever and in what order you want a trademark of Might and Magic? Add a spaceship and split main character into a party and Oblivion turns into a MM game. Have been playing it (no spaceship, but other mods) and feel no need for MMH6.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Nov 2011, 21:23

So you prefer date sim over world exploitation?

Just to note - I not played Skyrim yet (and probably will wait for GotY) but I like Morrowind. On the other hand I don't like Oblivion.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 23 Nov 2011, 21:43

Pitsu wrote:Wasn't freedom to explore and do quests whenever and in what order you want a trademark of Might and Magic? Add a spaceship and split main character into a party and Oblivion turns into a MM game. Have been playing it (no spaceship, but other mods) and feel no need for MMH6.
^ This.

Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim are as free as a Might and Magic game can get if not more... and they all have vastly more features and contents than WoX and MM6 (largely because they are all different generation games).

Attached with a decent plot (i.e. pre-MM8), I don't think there's much more I can complain about the game aside from the dumb A.I. (which is not necessarily dumber than the smarters A.I. in any of the Might and Magic games anyway...).

A party-system would've been nice, although hard to control in a FPS environment.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 23 Nov 2011, 21:50

Metathron wrote:
Angelspit wrote:
QFE

Walking around with no real purpose, I can do that outside of a game thank you.
You do know there are quests, right? :creative:
Maybe he got frustrated without that newbie quest compass. I still remember trying so hard to find a particular dungeon location (often with those unpronounceable names) because the game expects you to follow some deliberately vague directions.

On the other hand, Morrowind is probably the most detail-oriented game ever released by far (much more so than the sequels or any of the Might and Magic series). It took a while to get into the game flow though because the amount of freedom was overwhelming at first and... so were the rats/mudcrabs/[insert low level monsters]

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Nov 2011, 21:56

ywhtptgtfo wrote:It took a while to get into the game flow though because the amount of freedom was overwhelming at first and... so were the rats/mudcrabs/[insert low level monsters]
Cliffracers. :D

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 23 Nov 2011, 22:52

I played two of the tutorial scenarios & then put it back into the DVD case. I simply want to play the game when it's fixed. Lesson learned...Never will I buy a PC game until after a month or so from it's release. I think it has merit, but I'll wait. Been playing HoMM2 & 5 as of late.

mr.dna
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mr.dna » 24 Nov 2011, 19:47

I paly it now and then. I really like it but I would like to play it without bugs.

With steam autumn sales, it's not that difficult. :P

peta62
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby peta62 » 24 Nov 2011, 20:03

I have a question, my secondary hero does neither show nor gain blood&tear reputation points in maps, I did not check campaigns. Is it bug or intentional ?

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 25 Nov 2011, 05:26

peta62 wrote:I have a question, my secondary hero does neither show nor gain blood&tear reputation points in maps, I did not check campaigns. Is it bug or intentional ?
Yes. Game's all about your primary hero doing almost all the fights.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Nov 2011, 13:02

Sigh, you know how were KB:AB Boss fights wonderful? These ones are so weaker and more rare.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

peta62
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby peta62 » 25 Nov 2011, 13:19

ywhtptgtfo wrote:
peta62 wrote:I have a question, my secondary hero does neither show nor gain blood&tear reputation points in maps, I did not check campaigns. Is it bug or intentional ?
I fully understand that and I play H3 that way, but sometimes on larger maps you need more heroes, especially since you cannot jump with the main hero on the map and town portal costs you almost whole day movement points. Under these conditions I am wondering why the secondary hero is not treated under same rules as main hero. It works that way in H3. So do you think it is a bug which will be fixed ?

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 25 Nov 2011, 20:02

peta62 wrote:
ywhtptgtfo wrote:
I fully understand that and I play H3 that way, but sometimes on larger maps you need more heroes, especially since you cannot jump with the main hero on the map and town portal costs you almost whole day movement points. Under these conditions I am wondering why the secondary hero is not treated under same rules as main hero. It works that way in H3. So do you think it is a bug which will be fixed ?
It seems more like a feature than a bug. I disagree with it too.

Heroes 3 MP is not all about one hero, I don't think. On larger maps, it's quite feasible to send in a few auxiliary heroes to harass and play hide-and-seek.

peta62
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby peta62 » 25 Nov 2011, 20:14

ywhtptgtfo wrote:
peta62 wrote:
ywhtptgtfo wrote: Yes. Game's all about your primary hero doing almost all the fights.
It seems more like a feature than a bug. I disagree with it too.

Heroes 3 MP is not all about one hero, I don't think. On larger maps, it's quite feasible to send in a few auxiliary heroes to harass and play hide-and-seek.
So I will write it into the wish list thread as soon as I finish the list, so I do not spam one request per post :D
Thank you.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”