This dynasty weapon is driving me nuts

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Ell1e
Scout
Scout

This dynasty weapon is driving me nuts

Unread postby Ell1e » 20 Nov 2011, 22:07

I find it completely impossible to get the silk sword of the kirin (sanctuary mission 2), I've tried everything I could think of, but it never shows up in my dynasty screen.

I know that sometimes dynasty weapons disappear for no reason and the only way to stop prevent this is getting some xp on them. Since Irina is a magic hero and the sword might only, I first hired a secondary hero and had him visit an xp stone. Didn't work. I'd read somewhere that it might not work with secondary heroes, so I went Tears to get Changbo. He fought some battles with the sword, not enough to level it but several. No sword.

I still have a save file near the end of the mission, would it help if I got that weapon to lv 2? Any other tips? I'd really like to keep it, I don't have that many might weapons.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 21 Nov 2011, 16:30

Got this from the official forum:

To prevent a Dynasty Weapon from disappearing, right after you get it, save the game, go back to Main Menu, go to My Dynasty, and associate that weapon with a hero.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 22 Nov 2011, 18:12

I tried that as well, but it's not there. Or does this have to be right after you got the weapon without playing any more?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Nov 2011, 16:18

Try this:

- Safe before pick up weapon (from map or from questgiver) - just in case.
- Pick up weapon.
- Exit to Main Manu
- Create or choose hero who can use it (magic hero for staves, might for swords)
- Start new game ("A Bridge too far" should be perfect map - it's quick game)
- Equipt weapon to your hero (avatar) and win map (I don't know if it needed but better to do that and with "A bridge too far" map it's 1-2 week of gameplay only).

Return to “Heroes V-VI”