Stweam activation?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
the-gandhi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Stweam activation?

Unread postby the-gandhi » 20 Nov 2011, 10:25

Heya all,

I just bought HOMM VI off amazon and wanted to add it to my steam games now. However it seems like steam does not recognize the key. Anyone else had that problem? I tried to search google up and down but couldn't find anything about it.

Does anyone else maybe know what is happening? :( Can it be that the CD version can't be activated on steam?

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 20 Nov 2011, 12:39

As far as I know, Heroes 6 doesn't use Steamworks, therefore you cannot activate the key there.

Only Valve's own games and those which use Steamworks (Dawn of War 2, Modern Warfare 2, etc.) can be activated on Steam, with a few more exceptions - like Dark Messiah uses Steam for multiplayer and singleplayer does not. You can register your key on Steam to get access to both sp and mp, though if you don't want to play mp at all, you don't need to do it.
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 20 Nov 2011, 14:24

Yes, klaymen is right. Here is the list of retail CD keys that can be activated on Steam (notice that H6 isn't there at all):
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -wusf-3601
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 20 Nov 2011, 15:04

I bought the game from a Russian web site. It does not use Steam at all.

I got just a reg. code/key, and the game itself was a separate torrent - note that this is an official torrent of the game ISO, not a pirated one.
And it does not work without the key.

Maybe you can find such a torrent somewhere. The one I got is just Russian though, I think. Or at least, not sure if it has English speech - I think you can get English text/menus, but not sure about the speech, may be in Russian only.
May the Implosion be with you!

the-gandhi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby the-gandhi » 20 Nov 2011, 20:36

I do have the cd, just wanted to have the convenience of Steam. thanks for the answers :) will just have to use the cd everyhwere

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 20 Nov 2011, 22:34

the-gandhi wrote:I do have the cd, just wanted to have the convenience of Steam. thanks for the answers :) will just have to use the cd everyhwere
You mean DVD? Maybe you can make a copy of the DVD, or make an ISO file out of it. Once you have the ISO file, you can put it on a USB Flash drive or USB HDD and install on any machine, as long as the machine has Daemon Tools or another DVD emulator.
May the Implosion be with you!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”