Inferno campaign

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

Inferno campaign

Unread postby saugeen123 » 09 Nov 2011, 10:23

This really a difficult mission. I have just switched to a magic hero. I try to go for Al as soon as possible. I was going to go after agents of hate first this time. Is it better to use auto combat? I need some advice

Spin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Spin » 09 Nov 2011, 11:04

i've only done the first part of the first mission, but if it helps you:

1. get the 2nd base ASAP (just to the east of your start) and build an advanced town portal there, you'll be going back a lot. Use this town as your defensive hub

2. get a 2nd hero to scout out for enemies

3. Get the 40 mother breeders from the buildings before you attack a base, they're about half way to each enemies base. Each enemy is as strong as each other also so no real need to pick who to fight first.

4. Get something to buff your succubi. Heroism did it for me, the morale boost was great. Succubi are what win you the mission, hence why magic heroes do well in this map.

5. Go to those worm giving buildings only before you attack a base and use them. They can do wonders sometimes.

6. Build up a huge army before defeating the last town and opening the gates to the 2nd part of the mission. The army in the 2nd part is enormous.

qiox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby qiox » 09 Nov 2011, 13:17

After seeing lots of people commenting about having trouble with that 1st mission I put up a Youtube play through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlRRNK1bz6E

I did it on hard, with the default might hero using no dynasty weapon and no dynasty perks. I did it that way to show that it can be easily beat under the hardest of circumstances, so you should be able to get through without trouble using a magic hero on any setting if you take the right approach.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 09 Nov 2011, 14:30

How hard can this mission be? You delay the first fight with whatsisname till the second week (from my two tries in the map, this seems to affect his armies the second time he comes round). After that you seize the first castle out east, build a town portal there, scout out both routes approaching the town and then slowly expand. You're aiming to run your main hero out one way (pick either, there's no difference) aiming to capture the nearest town. After one week the other side will be ganking your back, so you town portal back there, wallop him, and then town portal back and keep going. If you survive the first three weeks, the rest of the map is plain and utter tedium.

Where I did fail was vs. the final boss. I simply waited too long. Now I have zero motivation to play the map again, I'll probably set difficulty to absurdly easy and rush through it

Btw you can choose might or magic? @_@ How?
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 09 Nov 2011, 14:45

Banedon wrote:... Btw you can choose might or magic? @_@ How?
I was also surprised when I clicked the button and discovered it. 8| When you are starting new campaign you can click on your hero's portrait, there are two buttons on it, I think it was the left one, you can see what it's specialty is and etc.

BDW am I the only one finding Anastasia's Ghoul special completely useless?

2vasort1corppor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby 2vasort1corppor » 09 Nov 2011, 16:48

i think inferno episode 1 is one of the hardest missions in the game. you must preserve your army in castle fights, or your cerberus and succubi will be long gone before you begin fighting the 2nd demon faction.

1 ) despite demons having fire resistance, succubi are the most important unit in this mission-since enemy demon armies dont have any other ranged unit. when you attack a castle, they are going to be SO much trouble. you should have more succubi than your enemy has, so you can split them into stacks enough to CC them for a round and keep doing it till you can gate/summon something to hinder their attacks.

i think this new system about creature number(or maybe total health) affecting their CCs too is very good. i remember splitting nightmares into stacks of 1 to keep using terror in heroes 4 :/

2 ) catch enemy heroes off guard and attack castles when they arent guarding them. you can bait them or look for an opening. this one is very unlikely to happen tho.

if you can take the first inferno town tor-berith is stationed with minimal loses, rush to left and then top. tor-berith's faction is sending him through a one way portal near their last town. so if you can destroy them its pretty much over
not
because the other faction will be trying to attack your 2nd town.

the end of this mission has the best battle in this game. so even if you try it a few times to finish the mission, its okay. i felt so satisfied when i completed this mission :3 if only i had a nice PC to play this in high-res and AA...

saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

Inferno mission

Unread postby saugeen123 » 11 Nov 2011, 14:23

I did things as you suggested and everything worked out fine. I am on the last battle. I thought I had a huge army. with over 1K Lilium. I didn't have enough cerbus. I had about 500+ maniacs. I got mass stone skill. I might start over to get an even larger army and better magic skills.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 11 Nov 2011, 15:38

I don't know what you guys are talking about with starting over to beat the last battle, but every time there's just one castle left for the opponent in the campaigns I found I could simply wait a few weeks to get a bigger army before attacking him. When you have like 5+ castles and he has only one, eventually you're going to pass him in army strength :)
(this is on normal difficulty btw)

Unless you're talking about the *very* last battle in this mission, where you don't even use your army - in that case, I'm even more confused.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 11 Nov 2011, 16:28

Unless you're talking about the *very* last battle in this mission, where you don't even use your army - in that case, I'm even more confused.
That's the one. I don't know how the enemy army grows in that map, but I presume it must grow as the game goes on. It's the only explanation, because the army I faced was so huge I barely took down half before it finished me off.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 11 Nov 2011, 18:52

Banedon wrote:
That's the one. I don't know how the enemy army grows in that map, but I presume it must grow as the game goes on. It's the only explanation, because the army I faced was so huge I barely took down half before it finished me off.
That battle took me a few tries. The key to winning is to avoid the cerberi as much as possible (just let them hit you once), because they can crit you for up to 30k damage.

The rest of the stacks are not that consequential, although you should move around and avoid getting hit. Since your melee damage is so low, you should also forget about attacking. Just let your global nuke and hateful retaliation do the work. Whenever possible, cast the debuff on an enemy stack to increase fire damage dealt to them by 200. I'd start with Cerberi followed by lacerator, juggernaut, succubi, and breeder.

If the cerberi is next to an enemy stack, cast frenzy. In my fight, the cerberi decimated the maniacs pretty early on.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 12 Nov 2011, 10:36

Ok, so I'm facing an army this size:

280 Juggernauts
256 Breeders
232 Tormentors
664 Demented
1.1k Cerberi
696 Lilim
880 Succubus

I'll try to win the fight, but not very hopeful.

EDIT: Oh wow I got it first try, thanks for tips lol. It was a case of "this battle can be won, so go and try" haha.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”