Download Maps: Issue w/ HoMM ToTE Issue

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Download Maps: Issue w/ HoMM ToTE Issue

Unread postby Sir Alock » 04 Nov 2011, 17:50

Hi All: I wanted to D/L a few non-multiplayer maps from CH & when I try to, my WinZip says "You may be Administrative Privilages" It will not unzip the folders to the ToTE maps directory. Any insight?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 04 Nov 2011, 17:58

Which version of Windows is that?
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 04 Nov 2011, 19:46

Sorry...I guess I should have mentioned that. I have Wondows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 09 Nov 2011, 21:51

Wow...This website is getting lame with thread feedback. We use to get so much traffic, now it's so slow. I would love an answer to my question....but nothing I guess! Back to HoMMIII as HoMMVI is back in it's DVD case!

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 09 Nov 2011, 21:59

Sorry, I missed your reply.

From the programs menu, right click on the Winzip icon and select Run as Administrator. It's a common issue with Winzip and Win7.

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 10 Nov 2011, 16:56

Angel: You ROCK brother! It was so easy & now I can D/L my maps! Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know how it fix my issue @ hand!

Many Thanks!

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 10 Nov 2011, 17:15

You're very welcome.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Apr 2012, 20:04

ToweringAmishPlumber wrote:Hi Folks! I apologize for posting my questions here, but I'm not sure where to post them. Anyway, I installed all of the Heroes V games and expansions several months ago. My problem is that when I try to install the latest patches , I get the messages "Heroes of Might & Magic V is not installed. Patch cannot be applied." and "Cannot install Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate. Original Game not found." This is obviously not true since I have been playing Heroes V for months. I have tried installing the patches from the MyDocuments folder, the Ubisoft folder, the Heroes of Might and Magic V folder, the bina folder, the data folder and every other folder in the Ubisoft/Heroes directory. The same thing happens when I try to install the Hammers of Fate patch. Strangely though, the Tribes of the East patch installed without any problem!

Also, I cannot find where to copy new fan maps into. there is a "Maps" folder in the Heroes folders, but the "Maps" folders are empty. I tried searching for files with several of the original map/scenario names, but got no hits. Where are you supposed to put the new maps?

Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 25 Apr 2012, 21:52

About the patch: perhaps you're trying to install wrong version of the patch. I recall it was a pretty common issue but I don't know if that is the warning it gives.

About maps: It's okay that the folder is empty. Fan-made maps still go there.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 26 Apr 2012, 09:47

Recently I am having the same problem with the patch (tried ALL of them patches even though in my game is said EU version). Tried to install the game in my other PC directory (because of that (un)official AI patch that for some reason can't apply to my other installment) didn't want it to remove the old one with all the twists and adds I made there (plus having bad memories from the last install I made, had to try several times), so basically I had the game installed two times on my PC, but it still could't find the game wherever on my computor, to patch it.

Zenithale
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zenithale » 26 Apr 2012, 11:44

Where did you download the patchs? Maybe try the officials, here:
http://patches.ubi.com/heroes_might_magic_5/

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 27 Apr 2012, 13:43

Naaaah, too lazy to install again and go through this right now.

Thanks for the links, though.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”