Faction analysis: Necropolis

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 06 Nov 2011, 05:07

Yeah, upgraded kappa is one of the most rigged units for the buck in the game right now. but that's only part of the comparison, the thing is that you can't always have 20 more Kappa even if you have the money though.
The river of time wash away all heroes

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 06 Nov 2011, 17:16

RollingWave wrote:The humanoid versian has bleaful gaze which essentially means that the first unit in that fight to attack her while she's in humoid form takes a **** of damage.
I'm pretty sure it also has an activated ability that adds a turn to all surrounding units. So if you use regeneration it get's regenerated for 2 turns?
I haven't got to experiment with it.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

runemaker
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby runemaker » 07 Nov 2011, 16:08

So far I have really enjoyed playing as Necropolis, I think it might be my favorite version of this town so far. I really like having the ghouls over super slow zombies.

Ghouls with rush are great early on. I'm just not sure about the lamasu. I don't really find a good use for them, and often skip building their structure so I can get the other creatures and upgrades faster. I usually just have two stacks of ghosts instead, so I have more choices when using their heal ability.

So far I've done well as a Might hero on the tears path with Necro. But, I'd like to know how the magic heroes do with this town.

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 07 Nov 2011, 20:08

runemaker wrote:I'm just not sure about the lamasu. I don't really find a good use for them, and often skip building their structure so I can get the other creatures and upgrades faster. I usually just have two stacks of ghosts instead, so I have more choices when using their heal ability.
Well, coming from someone playing the Sanctuary campaign; the use of Lamasu is to ensure that you don't ONLY have your Fate Weavers left that can act after I cast my Tears-Tsunami :D

RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 08 Nov 2011, 01:21

runemaker wrote:So far I have really enjoyed playing as Necropolis, I think it might be my favorite version of this town so far. I really like having the ghouls over super slow zombies.

Ghouls with rush are great early on. I'm just not sure about the lamasu. I don't really find a good use for them, and often skip building their structure so I can get the other creatures and upgrades faster. I usually just have two stacks of ghosts instead, so I have more choices when using their heal ability.

So far I've done well as a Might hero on the tears path with Necro. But, I'd like to know how the magic heroes do with this town.
unupgraded Lamasu are pretty much usless, low stats, very difficult to utilize ability (the opponents MUST start next to you.) they either need better stats or another ability, upgraded version are somewhat better, at least they hit harder.

Magic version of the hero are super awesome, the combination of summon elementals and mass regen / lifesteal means that aside from some huge boss fights you should almost never lose troos. though for example in your fight against Mirana your going to fight a loooooong time . (I think I fought close to 20 turns lol). because neither side hits a ton but both have a lot of regen / summon.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 08 Nov 2011, 23:00

The Miranda battle lasted less than 10 rounds for me and half of it was spent on reviving units. Just use storm arrows on liches, and spam disables on their Miranda's range units.

RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 16 Nov 2011, 01:29

Here's a trick...

Fate Weaver in range mode's freezing web is essentially Time Statis on all enemies around her for 1-2 turns 1 if HP is significantly higher than Weavers 2 otherwise.

So the idea is to find a situation where there are several enemy stacks standing close by, teleport the weaver over and web, now you just casted time statis on hal their army :devil: and next turn turn into melee mode and as soon as possible use the spin move which is powerful against very big stacks. espeically if you hae Lamasu poison and/or Mass Agony spells on them.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”