Dynasty weapon's EXP

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Dynasty weapon's EXP

Unread postby maltz » 02 Nov 2011, 15:42

I am still learning the new system. It seems that the total EXP is the sum of all games. This can allow very strange thing to happen.

For example, if I make a save just before touching a +2500 EXP stone and repeats the actions of (touch stone - +2500 EXP - load save), I can accumulate unlimited EXP for the dynasty weapon although nothing really happened for my campaign hero. (Even better, save before a huge fight and just auto-resolve the battles - now where is the auto-resolve button?)

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 02 Nov 2011, 15:46

haha nice, quick combat is located in options
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Dynasty weapon's EXP

Unread postby Mozared » 02 Nov 2011, 16:43

maltz wrote:For example, if I make a save just before touching a +2500 EXP stone and repeats the actions of (touch stone - +2500 EXP - load save), I can accumulate unlimited EXP for the dynasty weapon although nothing really happened for my campaign hero. (Even better, save before a huge fight and just auto-resolve the battles - now where is the auto-resolve button?)
Yeah, I haven't actually tried or tested this but also came to the same conclusion. I think this might work for Dynasty reputation as well?

I just can't really be bothered, though. It does seem pretty silly that this is possible while at the same time Ubihole (supposedly) didn't implement cheats to prevent people from illegitimately buffing their online profiles by earily getting certain hard achievements.

Mhorhe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mhorhe » 03 Nov 2011, 08:07

Auto-combat doesn't grant Dynasty XP to me :( Everything else (including XP won when you allow them to flee) works, but not auto-combat..

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 03 Nov 2011, 14:44

By the way, how much EXP is required for a Dynasty weapon to progress to level 3, 4, and 5?
I only know for Level 2 it is 100,000.

boazmeg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby boazmeg » 03 Nov 2011, 15:31

1,000,000 for level 3. Hover over the weapon in inventory and it'll tell you your progress

At least for Arachne :)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 03 Nov 2011, 16:08

maltz wrote:By the way, how much EXP is required for a Dynasty weapon to progress to level 3, 4, and 5?
I only know for Level 2 it is 100,000.
lvl 4: 3 500 000
lvl 5: 7 000 000

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 14 Nov 2011, 21:36

Now I have more experience on the game and can confidently say that I was wrong. The game is smart enough to NOT reward any additional EXP to a Dynasty weapon if we simply load a previous save and repeat the EXP gain.

Apparently, the game records the current EXP of a Dynasty Weapon on the save file. Therefore, when you load the game, that Dynasty Weapon's EXP gets loaded and entered into the online database as well.

This could also mean that your Dynasty Weapon's EXP could jump all over the place if you jump around saves. For example, I had two versions of Necropolis mission 4 end save. One has 5.1M EXP on Soulreaver; the other has 6.3M EXP as I came back to sweep all the neutral creatures on the map. The last save file I accessed was the one with 5.1M EXP.

When I started the Haven's campaign, I saw only 5.1M EXP on Soulreaver naturally wondered "WTF is my additional 1.2 EXP?" I then loaded the save with 6.3M EXP and start a new Haven campaign, and indeed my Soulreaver now has 6.3M EXP.

p.s. But when I restarted my Haven campaign again, very strangely my Soulreaver becomes maxed at 7M EXP! I have yet figured out why it happened. But I will take it though (and never load any necro campaign save).

Your Dynasty accounts' EXP is not associated with the save file, though. There seems to be a little screening process that if you gain the EXP through the same action, the game knows it and won't give out the reward anymore. For example, if you save the game just before completing a quest that gives 50K EXP, by reloading that save over and over, you don't really get more 50K EXP.

However, if you solve the quest, do something else and then come back again, you get 50K EXP one more time! So it could be really easy to farm Dynasty EXP, which leads to more starting bonuses on each campaign mission! :D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”