Wow, this game is rediculously hard

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
qiox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby qiox » 30 Oct 2011, 03:30

Once you have the 2nd town and see that there's 2 directions the AI can approach from your #1 priority is getting Advanced Town Portal in that town. Do not wander away until you do. It's 10 crystals but I hope you have noticed that gold is very easy to come by in this game. Trade gold for crystals. I trade huge amounts of gold for wood/ore/crystals when I play.

With advanced town portal you can portal from anywhere on the map, back to that town.

And when you do move out with your main hero, send your secondary hero in the other direction (with no troops). Even if they get killed they are very cheap to buy back in the tavern. And by scouting out the other path you have advanced warning of an AI hero coming from that direction and can town portal back in time with your main.

And another point about the AI seeming to spit out same size heroes over and over. Yes the maps are actually scripted to work just like that. They are given 500k+ gold and 1500+ of each unit type to buy on day 1. They are then told to keep a garrison of a certain size in each town and an army of a certain size on each hero. When you kill off a hero they immediately buy a same size army from their huge pool of available units. The army sizes are limited within a min/max size range.

They are also scripted to increase those min/max numbers a certain amount each week. And they are scripted to bump them up based on the number of towns you own.

Also, the AI is scripted to counter attack when you take certain buildings. Pretty much every fort is scripted to trigger a counter attack.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”