Tutorial campaign questions

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Tutorial campaign questions

Unread postby maltz » 28 Oct 2011, 13:05

Maybe it is just because I am still early in the tutorial...

1. How to manually deploy troops (choose their locations) before the battle begin? The default formation is very ineffective.
2. How to Wait and Defend? The buttons are also greyed out.

Thanks.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 28 Oct 2011, 13:12

Grey, are they? I used W and D while playing the demo. Don't recall the buttons. ^^
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 28 Oct 2011, 13:23

You need to invest a skill point in the tactics skill, it's under the tactics tab.

No idea why the buttons are greyed out, I use W and D as well, though these keyboard shortcuts stop working sometimes, e.g. when you get attacked by an enemy hero.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 28 Oct 2011, 13:51

The buttons are greyed out and you can't use the commands until you reach the tutorial point for wait and defend. I think it's around the halfway point for mission 1. Too many battles where you can't wait if you ask me.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 28 Oct 2011, 13:54

I tried W and D but it didn't work. So it is indeed the nature of the tutorial. That feels better.

I think the ability to properly deploy units, wait, and various subtle
commands makes the highest difficulty possible and enjoyable (not just restarting until I get lucky).

By the way, is the heroic difficulty unlocked after one beats the campaign on high difficulty?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”