The Haven Campain

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

The Haven Campain

Unread postby saugeen123 » 26 Oct 2011, 19:20

This is one tough campain I have managed to defeat the orange orcs after many tries. Now I am working on the brown orcs. they always seem to have a lot of bermerange throwing goblins. Maybe I should be giving a different skills and abilies. And their hero seems to be s tronger than Anton. I try to get out of my area as soon as possible. Maybe one of these times I will get lucky. Dose any one have any suggestions The people on the conflux don't appear to speak much english. So I don't think I can get much help there

frozd
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby frozd » 26 Oct 2011, 21:10

Try to get level 5 fast and use skills correctly. I found that early game levels for might heroes the best route is logistics, tactics, rush, path finding, advanced tactics. Move your core unit as forward as possible, cast rush on it, then heal it up with priests while shooting with not upgraded archers. Ow yeah get those griffins fast so they annoy their shooters while you close in fast with those melee units (don't know the name for them) ;D

saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby saugeen123 » 26 Oct 2011, 21:45

I can.t even get to the secondary quest. I discovered if I try to get to it before I defeat orange then orange will come and attack my town or if I do it after that brown will come and take my lower fort. So I'm thinking that I should do it after I defeat brown. right now I can't build a griffin nest

frozd
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby frozd » 26 Oct 2011, 22:15

I just played it on normal and finished the map in 40 mins son, don't give me shit ;D It's a really easy map this. Recruit a second hero too obviously the one with sister master speciality works fine and give her logistics and heal. Have her defend while you go down there and get those griffins quickly in managed it in week 3 also don't wank around with the resources in the pit just go for the goblin and for the griffins fast. Then start conquering bottom part of the map, orange orc doesn't send strong heroes against you so that secondary hero can defend easily. Get the brown player first wipe him out and take his resource rich lands and a level up there. Then you go conquer orange, just be ready that the computer will send 2 heroes from both closed doors on the map, they're easy to defeat with the use of town portal on forts on hero to deal with one of them basically, then combine the army on the main hero then just rush from open door to open door taking forts and castles along the way except for djorde's you won't be able to beat him, but he just stays in the castle and is getting fatter, nothing you can't fix with all the towns and external creature dwellings on the map you out grow him pretty fast. Then just finish it's really easy on normal i don't see the big deal about this map.

saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby saugeen123 » 27 Oct 2011, 02:59

I am not your son maybe your grand mother. I am still on a learning curve, and try differen't things. I appreciate your advice and I need some suggestions once in awhile. I don't see how you can rush the mission?

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 27 Oct 2011, 20:47

I've usually found that campaigns penalize you for playing too defensive. The enemy almost always has more towns than you do and will overrun you if you don't kill them first.

What I did for this mission was to grab every treasure and XP in the starting zone and build the core dwellings and upgrades. It's possible to upgrade two of the three core units during the first week while you clear out the south area. Restock on units, probably with a secondary hero, flag the mines.

One of the more important things is to take the fort south of you before you do the Griffin quest. The orange hero will appear after a few weeks, but he'll come earlier if you clear the path for him.

Anyway, after taking the fort and killing the first orange and brown heroes, I got the Griffins and explored a bit of the underground until the next heroes arrived, then went to clear out brown. Their town is closer than orange and they seemed to send more heroes. If you take their town right after killing an orange hero, you shouldn't have any problems. Be prepared for an attack a few days later, town portal helps here.

Now you have some time to level and build your towns before you take on the orange hero. There's nothing much to worry about here, a weak hero every couple of weeks. Once you're ready, take over the orange town.

Now the way to teal opens and you'll have two enemy heroes going for the nearest town. Ideally you'd kill them both with Town Portal, but don't be afraid of losing a fort for a few days. What I did here was connect the two teal areas by taking over everything between, so that enemy heroes would only arrive from one direction. Then just wait and build your army until you're strong enough for the boss fight. No enemy hero will even arrive if Anton just stands near the borders and look threatening.

One thing I'm not completely sure about, but you can build Haven's first special building in this campaign, right? If so, pick the statue of observation for each town. It helps a lot with planning, I always use them to get advance warning of attacks.

Last one, don't be ashamed to change to easy difficulty if you're having trouble. It really makes a huge difference.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 27 Oct 2011, 21:25

the first haven campaign was by far the easiest in my opinion. Mostly because the orcs attacked my hero in a fort even though they were labeled as a low thread.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 28 Oct 2011, 13:56

I've seen that with a lot of enemy heroes, I guess some of the enemy AI are just programmed to charge you even when there's little to no chance they could win.

saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

The Haven Campain

Unread postby saugeen123 » 31 Oct 2011, 01:45

Finally finished the first part after 2 or 3 dozen retries. Actually the hardest part was defeating the brown orcs. Changed strategies many times. It seemed to be better not to use auto combat. And learning how to use the various abilities I gave my hero. After that it wasn't too bad.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 31 Oct 2011, 10:40

well thats good to hear
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Return to “Heroes V-VI”