Hero Abilities - What do they do?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Poison
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Hero Abilities - What do they do?

Unread postby Poison » 26 Oct 2011, 02:11

So +2 might power, and +2 might defense are fairly clear, as are their magic equivalents, but what about +2 leadership, or destiny, or magic power(dark)?

Is there a clear outline of what these things do anywhere?

The fan manual had a good talk on the might/magic power ones and their combat effects...

So, love the levelling system...the documentation, not so much.

qiox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby qiox » 26 Oct 2011, 03:49

Leadership is your morale. High morale increases the chance that unit will get a to take 2 turns in a row during combat.

Destiny is your luck. High luck increases the chance of what is essentially a critical hit that does extra damage.

Magic Power (dark) increases the effectiveness of dark spells, like Drain Life or Agony.

Correspondingly, Magic Power (Earth) only affects the earth line of spells.

Poison
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Poison » 26 Oct 2011, 04:20

What are the chances that 2 leadership will have that affect? Or is it just mostly guesswork?

Does Destiny affect the random roll as well? (Says luck?)

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 26 Oct 2011, 06:01

Leadership and "Destiny" (judging mostly from the demo, but don't think this is better in the "Gold" edition... it's even more crippled) I consider two of the most disbalanced things in this game and in most of all series. In a HUGE part of the game, for the player, they seem to trigger when you less need them (to finish the remaining 3 Skeletons with your Pit Lord, for example), on the other hand, the AI is REPULSIVELY ANNOYING with them and with the demo of HVI I had this 5 stacks of Harpies with 1 Moral and 1 Destiny (or so), that in one turn, both triggered for the 5 stacks and it drove me NUTS as I was having boost of mine with different artifacts and buildings visited and didn't get even ONE Luck or Morale "shot".

And yes, this is just an really bad example that does not happen that often in such proportions, but the in most often situations the +1 Morale and Luck (or Destiny, whatever) works for you better than + 99 (if you will). Also with the lowered damage that the Lucky Strike gives you in the new game (not to tell it is bugged) and the crippled (in some way) triggered Morale, I don't see how those two abilities can be actually useful, considering some other abilities you can boost (Attack, Defense, etc).

Return to “Heroes V-VI”