Town Portal

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

Town Portal

Unread postby saugeen123 » 23 Oct 2011, 16:53

I can't seem to figure out how to use it. Both towns have to have a town portal built, right? It has been a long time since I played the inferno faction in Heroes 3. I hope someone can explain it to me

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 23 Oct 2011, 17:07

To teleport from town A to town B you need a basic town portal built in town A, but not in B.

To teleport your hero back to your town, you need to have the Advanced town portal built, and you will teleport to this town, not a town of your choice. If you have constructed the advanced town portal in more than one town, you will teleport to whichever is closer to your hero.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

saugeen123
Pixie
Pixie

re town portal

Unread postby saugeen123 » 23 Oct 2011, 17:43

does the hero need to be in the town or can he be anywhere on the adventure map? Do I click on the teleport structure?

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 23 Oct 2011, 17:50

For basic town portal, you need to be stationed in a town.

For advanced, from anywhere on the map (including a town).

You can access the spells by opening the spellbook in the lower right corner. Also, be careful not to use up too much movement before trying to teleport.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 23 Oct 2011, 19:28

Also, you can portal into forts with basic TP.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 24 Oct 2011, 14:14

But you can't portal out of forts (except with advanced). I almost yelled at my screen when I found that one out.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Oct 2011, 20:48

Ell1e wrote:But you can't portal out of forts (except with advanced). I almost yelled at my screen when I found that one out.
:rofl:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 25 Oct 2011, 11:14

A different question, but how do you guys like the portal function. I mean its no longer a spell, and "the must have Earth magic or game is lost" is gone and now all can teleport back and forth fairly easy.

Its is positiv or negativ in your opinion. I so far like it, as it makes hit and run tactics harder to perform and forces the big armies to engage in combat more often.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 25 Oct 2011, 12:19

Well, at least you can use it once per day, not like till you're out of MP's. But still gotta say I think TP was way better in HV. I really liked how it worked there.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 25 Oct 2011, 17:28

I think it's an improvement over H5, you can portal between towns instead of trying to find the exact place that will port you to the town you wanted to reach and not any other. And you don't need to be lv 20 either. Movement point cost is pretty steep though, especially if you don't have any of the skills that increase your movement.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 25 Oct 2011, 20:58

It's definitely better than H5 where you could just teleport over major choke points and ignore those...uhh...gates? The ones unlocked by getting a "key" from a tent, like in the map "Rise to power" for example.

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 26 Oct 2011, 07:37

Ell1e wrote:I think it's an improvement over H5, you can portal between towns instead of trying to find the exact place that will port you to the town you wanted to reach and not any other. And you don't need to be lv 20 either. Movement point cost is pretty steep though, especially if you don't have any of the skills that increase your movement.
It is pretty expensive to teleport I would agree. But I think that is one thing that makes it more balanced. It makes it harder to teleport in and and travel half a map to kill.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”