Simple Questions Simple Answers thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Crayno
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: How do I dig for treasure?

Unread postby Crayno » 25 May 2014, 14:39

c1a1 wrote:
Crayno wrote:I can't for the life of me find how to dig for treasure.
Hlep? :-D
Are you sure you are talking about HOM6?
there is no digging for treasure, maybe you are talking about MM5? if so you probably mean digging for the tear of asha and then you must have full movement points to dig.
never mind, I thought I needed to dig but I had to go through a portal, thanks for the reply though :)

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby c1a1 » 25 May 2014, 16:51

wimfrits wrote:
c1a1 wrote:Sorry to repeat myself but maybe someone knows:
Another question: is there a way to know how many blood/tears points has the secondary hero? or better yet, is it possible to respecialize the secondary hero?
I'm pretty sure reputation only applies to your primary hero
O.K. I agree but the aim of my question really was to find out if there is any point trying to strive with the secondary hero [which I always train, always to the level cap] to achieve his/her, the second reputation spell [or third, depends how you look at it, anyway I mean the highest one] by visiting libraries, arenas and generally casting reputation raising spells?

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 28 May 2014, 15:40

No reputation means no reputation spells ;)
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby c1a1 » 29 May 2014, 12:37

wimfrits wrote:No reputation means no reputation spells ;)
Thanks for your reply, and you are absolutely right, I have just noticed that the secondary heroes cannot equip the spaulders that require 250 blood/tears points in order to equip them even though they have the middle spell of the reputation which requires 250 points to get, weird.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 29 May 2014, 18:24

c1a1 wrote:I have just noticed that the secondary heroes cannot equip the spaulders that require 250 blood/tears points in order to equip them even though they have the middle spell of the reputation which requires 250 points to get, weird.
Odd. I never noticed getting any reputation related ability on a secondary hero. Can this be a scripted modification? Or a change by one of the numerous patches of late :)
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 29 May 2014, 21:01

Secondary heroes in campaigns are lvl 1 tears/blood characters, so they have first reputation ability.

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby c1a1 » 30 May 2014, 12:01

Avonu wrote:Secondary heroes in campaigns are lvl 1 tears/blood characters, so they have first reputation ability.
No! or we are not talking about the same spell level so: reputation spell come in 3 levels. 1st. level all heroes have by default. 2nd level spells the heroes get at 250 and 3rd and last level at 1000 reputation points, now ALL MY secondary heroes join the main hero with the 2nd.level spell from the reputation already active which means they have at least 250 rep. points but no matter of their further training they never reach the 3rd. level spells AND they cannot equip the spaulders that require 250 points to equip.

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby c1a1 » 10 Jun 2014, 13:13

Does anyone know what determines the duration of spells?
For me the obvious answer should have been - Spell Power
BUT take a look at 5 of my (magic using) heroes and the comparison among them for the "petrification" spell:
(Hero, spell-power, duration of petrification spell)

Valeska 74 3
Xana 57 4
Anastasia 99 3
Airini 63 4
Irina 66 4

So the two with the highest spell power (Anastasia& Valeska) maintain their spell for only 3 turns while the others with lower spell power do it for 4 turns, so what really determines the duration? (or is it another bug?).

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 10 Jun 2014, 13:53

c1a1 wrote:
Avonu wrote:Secondary heroes in campaigns are lvl 1 tears/blood characters, so they have first reputation ability.
No! or we are not talking about the same spell level so: reputation spell come in 3 levels. 1st. level all heroes have by default. 2nd level spells the heroes get at 250 and 3rd and last level at 1000 reputation points, now ALL MY secondary heroes join the main hero with the 2nd.level spell from the reputation already active which means they have at least 250 rep. points but no matter of their further training they never reach the 3rd. level spells AND they cannot equip the spaulders that require 250 points to equip.
Reputation have only two levels: 1st at 250 points and 2nd at 1000 points.
However each class starts with its special abiity like for example Face of Death for Ebon Knight or Asha Uses All for Necromancer.
When a hero levels up to first reputation level (s)he get new advanced class (Emblamer or Reaver for Necromancer) and get first reputation ability (No Rest for Wicked for Emlamer or Mark of Necromacer for Reaver). When hero levels up to second reputation level, (s)he can change it advanced class, if has enough blood/tears points to do that (but not in campaign) and unlock ultimate/second adv. class ability.

Now back to your question. All heroes which are not avatar (your first/starter hero) can't earn reputation poitns and can't learn their skills and use reputation artifacts. However you can mark in editor that these heroes can have advanced class (Emblamer or Reaver for example) and then they can use their 1st reputation ability.
That's why in campaign secondary heroes can use some reputation skills but not artifacts. They join you not as simply Necromancer or Barbarian but as Emblamer and Reaver or Chieftan and Warmoger.
c1a1 wrote:Does anyone know what determines the duration of spells?
BUT take a look at 5 of my (magic using) heroes and the comparison among them for the "petrification" spell:

Valeska 74 3
Xana 57 4
Anastasia 99 3
Airini 63 4
Irina 66 4

So the two with the highest spell power (Anastasia& Valeska) maintain their spell for only 3 turns while the others with lower spell power do it for 4 turns, so what really determines the duration? (or is it another bug?).
Two things: Heroes stats and target magic resistance.
Target resistance not only lower magic damage but also shorten harmful spell duration.
Heroes stats are not only Magic (Spell Power) but also Hero Level, Reputation and Advanced Class.
Blood spells (mainly damage) work better with Blood heroes (and work excellent with 1000 Blood points adv. class heroes), while Tears spells (heals, stuns, Pertification) works better with Tears heroes.

For example: Pertifiaction has base damage formula like:
Duration: 1.4/1.8/2.2
Which means that Pertification (Tears spell) last for:
1.4 turn for blood/no adv. class heroes,
1.8 turn for 1st lvl Tears heroes,
2.2 for 2nd lvl Tears heroes.
That's basic formula. Add to that Magic and Hero level and it can last much longer.

IIRC Valeska is Blood heroine while Xana and Airini are Tears heroines.

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby c1a1 » 10 Jun 2014, 14:53

Avonu wrote:
c1a1 wrote:
Reputation have only two levels: 1st at 250 points and 2nd at 1000 points.
However each class starts with its special abiity like for example Face of Death for Ebon Knight or Asha Uses All for Necromancer.
When a hero levels up to first reputation level (s)he get new advanced class (Emblamer or Reaver for Necromancer) and get first reputation ability (No Rest for Wicked for Emlamer or Mark of Necromacer for Reaver). When hero levels up to second reputation level, (s)he can change it advanced class, if has enough blood/tears points to do that (but not in campaign) and unlock ultimate/second adv. class ability.

Now back to your question. All heroes which are not avatar (your first/starter hero) can't earn reputation poitns and can't learn their skills and use reputation artifacts. However you can mark in editor that these heroes can have advanced class (Emblamer or Reaver for example) and then they can use their 1st reputation ability.
That's why in campaign secondary heroes can use some reputation skills but not artifacts. They join you not as simply Necromancer or Barbarian but as Emblamer and Reaver or Chieftan and Warmoger.
c1a1 wrote:Does anyone know what determines the duration of spells?

Valeska 74 3
Xana 57 4
Anastasia 99 3
Airini 63 4
Irina 66 4

Two things: Heroes stats and target magic resistance.
Target resistance not only lower magic damage but also shorten harmful spell duration.
Heroes stats are not only Magic (Spell Power) but also Hero Level, Reputation and Advanced Class.
Blood spells (mainly damage) work better with Blood heroes (and work excellent with 1000 Blood points adv. class heroes), while Tears spells (heals, stuns, Pertification) works better with Tears heroes.

For example: Pertifiaction has base damage formula like:
Duration: 1.4/1.8/2.2
Which means that Pertification (Tears spell) last for:
1.4 turn for blood/no adv. class heroes,
1.8 turn for 1st lvl Tears heroes,
2.2 for 2nd lvl Tears heroes.
That's basic formula. Add to that Magic and Hero level and it can last much longer.

IIRC Valeska is Blood heroine while Xana and Airini are Tears heroines.
Thanks for this very thorough reply.
It makes sense, all my heroes are level 30 and Anastasia & Irina have 1000 rep points but Anastasia & Valeska are blood heroines while the rest
are tears, I should have thought about that, shame on me.

armyswat
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby armyswat » 06 Oct 2014, 03:14

Heroes of Might and Magic V

1. How do I make a cart (Caravan) from town hall to transport creatures to my main hero? can I do it?

2. Should I always build a Tavern at start? To build a Hero so i can transfer the army to my main hero.

3. What's the build order with Acadamy Town level 1?

Game Version: 1.60

Return to “Heroes V-VI”