Simple Questions Simple Answers thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 06 Oct 2012, 13:55

Avonu wrote:Tear of Asha growth bonus is GLOBAL (for all your cities).
OK, thanks!!
So that means if I have no Champion creature building in the town where the Tear of Asha building is, that won't be a problem?
For example, if the Tear of Asha boosted only this ONE town, and I had no Champion creature building there, it would be a problem, because the boost is lost, at least partially.
May the Implosion be with you!

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Sisters and Ghosts healing

Unread postby c1a1 » 23 Nov 2012, 14:15

In version 1.0.0 the Sisters and Ghosts could heal during battles, there was this small icon on the upper left of their portraits and they could use it twice per battle.
Now I'm playing the gold edition with patch 1.8 and Sisters and Ghosts cannot heal anymore.
Is this how it's supposed to be? or am I missing something?

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Re: Sisters and Ghosts healing

Unread postby Naki » 23 Nov 2012, 14:38

c1a1 wrote:In version 1.0.0 the Sisters and Ghosts could heal during battles, there was this small icon on the upper left of their portraits and they could use it twice per battle.
Now I'm playing the gold edition with patch 1.8 and Sisters and Ghosts cannot heal anymore.
Is this how it's supposed to be? or am I missing something?
Yes, this how it is supposed to be. You need to upgrade them to be able to heal.
Sanctuary un-upgraded shooters can also not heal now, but used to.
NOTE: I think this was changed a while back, in patch 1.5 or even earlier.

msg2110
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby msg2110 » 24 Nov 2012, 06:01

My first visit here. If this has been asked before and someone can point me to the reference, many thanks and apologies for asking again.

I've been taught the only stupid question is the one you don't ask, so...

Epilogue/Final Campaign. I finished Tears of Angels with Irina. I can't seem to get to the Abyss/final scenario in that campaign batch. Do I have to do "Tears" with each one of the Griffin kids? Hope not...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 25 Nov 2012, 11:33

msg2110 wrote:Epilogue/Final Campaign. I finished Tears of Angels with Irina. I can't seem to get to the Abyss/final scenario in that campaign batch. Do I have to do "Tears" with each one of the Griffin kids? Hope not...
Nope. To have access to Abyss Epilogue, you need to finish campaign with Blood hero.
Tears Epilogue is only available for Tears heroes, Blood Epilogue is only available for Blood heroes.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 25 Nov 2012, 23:36

Is there a way to exit the townscreen with a hotkey the same way it's possible to end turn by pressing E? I vaguely remember that Esc does it, but that doesn't work anymore.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 26 Nov 2012, 12:53

Banedon wrote:Is there a way to exit the townscreen with a hotkey the same way it's possible to end turn by pressing E? I vaguely remember that Esc does it, but that doesn't work anymore.
Yes - try Z or Y. (Both work.)
In fact, you can not only close the Townscren this way, but open it too. :)

msg2110
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby msg2110 » 27 Nov 2012, 16:58

[quote="Avonu"]Nope. To have access to Abyss Epilogue, you need to finish campaign with Blood hero.
Tears Epilogue is only available for Tears heroes, Blood Epilogue is only available for Blood heroes.[/quote]

Oh! I never would have connected that. Many thanks---now I'll see if I have a blood-based hero (chuckle).

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 16 Dec 2012, 16:02

What is the meaning of decreased Initiative (-15, for the first turn only) of Summoned units?
(such as Phoenix/Elementals)
They act just after the friendly creature that was active on summoning them, so I fail to see the point. Thanks!

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 24 Dec 2012, 21:22

Q (with Answer this time!):
-Can you build more than TWO buildings in one Town per turn?
A:
- Yes, you can build two buildings in the same town in one turn, if you use a hero with the Architect III ability. If you use a 2nd hero with the same ability, you can build 3 buildings, if you hire more heroes, you can build 4 buildings in the same turn, and so on.
This is useful, if you want to build a town quickly and have plenty of gold or many heroes.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 26 Dec 2012, 19:42

Naki wrote:What is the meaning of decreased Initiative (-15, for the first turn only) of Summoned units?
They act just after the friendly creature that was active on summoning them, so I fail to see the point. Thanks!
Maybe it's another typo and it should be +15 as IIRC summoned units moves faster in first when they are summoned?
IIRC there was another typo with freeze, when description said +100% Movement when it was -100%.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 27 Dec 2012, 19:17

Avonu wrote:
Naki wrote:What is the meaning of decreased Initiative (-15, for the first turn only) of Summoned units?
Maybe it's another typo and it should be +15 as IIRC summoned units moves faster in first when they are summoned?
IIRC there was another typo with freeze, when description said +100% Movement when it was -100%.
I am familiar with all kinds of Speed plus/minus bugs, such as +50%/-50%, +2/-2 movement, but it seems this one is not like that - looking at the summoned creature stats, Initiative seems lowered, not increased. Have to test some more...

EDIT: Nope. It decreases initiative, but not sure why - the unit gets to act next anyway, regardless of initiative - seems meaningless/redundant to me.
Last edited by Naki on 28 Dec 2012, 09:55, edited 2 times in total.

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby c1a1 » 27 Dec 2012, 21:41

I've noticed that during town sieges the AI often puts shooters in the town's tower but I could not find a way to do the same, is it possible? if so, how?

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 29 Dec 2012, 08:54

I think if you have Tactics you can place your troops inside the tower. Maybe you can also move them during the battle.

reeeload
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby reeeload » 30 Dec 2012, 10:19

1. is there a way to edit hero? cause with other heroes series games changing skills and stuff with editor was so easy.
2. there are so many effects which spells apply but i dont know what they do. what does "Dazed, Frozen, Soaked, Chilled" do?

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 31 Dec 2012, 12:24

If you right-click on a creature during battle you can see all current effects on them, those tell you what the status does as well.

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby c1a1 » 31 Dec 2012, 17:57

Ell1e wrote:I think if you have Tactics you can place your troops inside the tower. Maybe you can also move them during the battle.
I have tactics and I still cannot place them in the tower.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 01 Jan 2013, 09:03

It doesn't always work. Not sure why yet, but I think you need at least 1 stack outside.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 01 Jan 2013, 12:16

My simple question is:

What's the bottom line. Is it a good game (maybe now that it's patched) or not?

A friend said about a month ago that it's his favourite one yet. That threw me for a loop!

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby c1a1 » 01 Jan 2013, 12:21

wimfrits wrote:It doesn't always work. Not sure why yet, but I think you need at least 1 stack outside.
It seems to me you people don't understand my question, I have full 7 stacks and I want to place a (one) stack of shooters in the tower, what is the mechanics of doing this simple task? like click on shooters then click on tower? or something similar, since obviously this doesn't work.
Somebody that actually managed to place shooters in the tower please tell me how you did it.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”