Simple Questions Simple Answers thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord
Posts: 1204
Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Location: Sofia - Vulgaria

Postby parcaleste » Jan 1 2013, 13:20

I think you had to walk your shooters to the tower.

User avatar
wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 2039
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands

Postby wimfrits » Jan 1 2013, 13:29

c1a1 wrote:Somebody that actually managed to place shooters in the tower please tell me how you did it.


It seems you don't understand our answers.
During the tactics phase, drag and drop a stack of shooters into the central tower. But, as I said, it doesn't always work. I don't know why.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 26
Joined: 24 Jul 2008

Postby c1a1 » Jan 1 2013, 13:50

wimfrits wrote:
c1a1 wrote:Somebody that actually managed to place shooters in the tower please tell me how you did it.


It seems you don't understand our answers.
During the tactics phase, drag and drop a stack of shooters into the central tower. But, as I said, it doesn't always work. I don't know why.


Drag and drop is the first thing I've tried and it never worked for me all it does is dropping the shooters out of the battle, well, thanks for your answer, now at least I know it's just another of this game's endless string of bugs.

User avatar
wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight
Posts: 2039
Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands

Postby wimfrits » Jan 1 2013, 17:55

Ah. I remember with H4 I discovered a new tactic every time I played. With H6 I discover a new bug every time ;)
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

User avatar
Variol
Pit Lord
Pit Lord
Posts: 1249
Joined: 05 Sep 2008

Postby Variol » Jan 5 2013, 11:33

Variol wrote:My simple question is:

What's the bottom line. Is it a good game (maybe now that it's patched) or not?

A friend said about a month ago that it's his favourite one yet. That threw me for a loop!


Anybody??

User avatar
Kalah
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 20044
Joined: 24 Nov 2005

Postby Kalah » Jan 5 2013, 11:37

Well, at the current price you get some value for money. It depends if you consider yourself a casual player or a serious gamer with high demands from balance and such. As a casual player, you will no doubt have quite a few hours of fun with H6, if you're looking for a serious challenge, the bugs and balance issues that are left will torment you.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 475
Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Postby Naki » Jan 5 2013, 11:40

Variol wrote:My simple question is:

What's the bottom line. Is it a good game (maybe now that it's patched) or not?

A friend said about a month ago that it's his favourite one yet. That threw me for a loop!

You are wrong - this question is NOT simple! Anyway, the answer is - the game is horribly bugged, still.
May the Implosion be with you!

User avatar
Pol
Admin
Admin
Posts: 9494
Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Location: IN SOMNIS VERITAS
Contact:

Postby Pol » Jan 5 2013, 16:17

Variol wrote:
Variol wrote:My simple question is:

What's the bottom line. Is it a good game (maybe now that it's patched) or not?

A friend said about a month ago that it's his favourite one yet. That threw me for a loop!


Anybody??

H6 is having pretty visuals and simplified everything else. And still many bugs, so true.

If you don't request visuals and instead prefer some depth of game play, then rumours say that you may try Fallen Enchantress (standalone sequel), as Master of Magic style of game. :devious:

Or Masters of the Broken World in near future. But, these are just rumours..

~rumour 2 source
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

tomberland
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 7
Joined: 29 May 2012

Postby tomberland » Jan 8 2013, 21:20

Pol wrote:
Variol wrote:
Variol wrote:My simple question is:

What's the bottom line. Is it a good game (maybe now that it's patched) or not?

A friend said about a month ago that it's his favourite one yet. That threw me for a loop!


Anybody??

H6 is having pretty visuals and simplified everything else. And still many bugs, so true.

If you don't request visuals and instead prefer some depth of game play, then rumours say that you may try Fallen Enchantress (standalone sequel), as Master of Magic style of game. :devious:

Or Masters of the Broken World in near future. But, these are just rumours..

~rumour 2 source



speaking of Elemental: Fallen Enchantress, is it really worth buying ?
what do you guys think about it ? I browse on some video games websites and the grades of this game do not seem to be that high...

User avatar
reeeload
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 3
Joined: 30 Dec 2012

Postby reeeload » Jan 20 2013, 14:27

how to add boss into map? i cant find it in map editor.

User avatar
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 3854
Joined: 06 Aug 2006
Location: City of Griffin
Contact:

Postby Avonu » Jan 20 2013, 21:52

They were added to editor in one of latest patches, so make sure you have game version 1.8 first:

[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/24vjlvp.png[/img]

Cendragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 6
Joined: 20 May 2013

Postby Cendragon » May 20 2013, 19:12

c1a1 wrote:
wimfrits wrote:
c1a1 wrote:Somebody that actually managed to place shooters in the tower please tell me how you did it.


It seems you don't understand our answers.
During the tactics phase, drag and drop a stack of shooters into the central tower. But, as I said, it doesn't always work. I don't know why.


Drag and drop is the first thing I've tried and it never worked for me all it does is dropping the shooters out of the battle, well, thanks for your answer, now at least I know it's just another of this game's endless string of bugs.


I've had the exact same problem. Except dragging and dropping during the tactics phase has never worked and I also haven't been able to make a creature walk into the central tower during a battle.

User avatar
hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus
Posts: 843
Joined: 04 May 2009

Postby hellegennes » May 20 2013, 19:35

Walking into the tower works for me. I haven't tried tactics though.

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 26
Joined: 24 Jul 2008

Postby c1a1 » Aug 6 2013, 13:09

Is there a way to disable/remove the screen that says "press any key to start the game"?

User avatar
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 3854
Joined: 06 Aug 2006
Location: City of Griffin
Contact:

Postby Avonu » Aug 11 2013, 16:27

Yes, there is.

Go to Documents HoMM6/User name folder, open ProfileData file with for example Notepad and search for:

<LoadingscreenWaitForKeypress>true</LoadingscreenWaitForKeypress>

Change true to false and you no longer need to hit any key (not to mention to find the key first :P).

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 26
Joined: 24 Jul 2008

Postby c1a1 » Aug 18 2013, 15:16

Avonu wrote:Yes, there is.

Go to Documents HoMM6/User name folder, open ProfileData file with for example Notepad and search for:

<LoadingscreenWaitForKeypress>true</LoadingscreenWaitForKeypress>

Change true to false and you no longer need to hit any key (not to mention to find the key first :P).


Thanks a lot, really helpful.

elementaritas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 7
Joined: 11 Apr 2014

Postby elementaritas » Apr 11 2014, 17:30

hello. new to the game, have some simple(?) questions.
only one for starters:)

now playing Necropolis campaign.

sometimes during battles I am able to resurrect Lamasu creatures and sometimes I can't (though can every other creature). why's that?

User avatar
Pol
Admin
Admin
Posts: 9494
Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Location: IN SOMNIS VERITAS
Contact:

Postby Pol » Apr 11 2014, 18:50

elementaritas wrote:hello. new to the game, have some simple(?) questions.
only one for starters:)

now playing Necropolis campaign.

sometimes during battles I am able to resurrect Lamasu creatures and sometimes I can't (though can every other creature). why's that?


Check if you have appropiate skill level and charge.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

elementaritas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Posts: 7
Joined: 11 Apr 2014

Postby elementaritas » Apr 11 2014, 19:02

oh, it's not enough charge sometimes, since during same battle sometimes I can and sometimes cannot resurrect them.

different kind of question - I have two artifacts my heroes carries that I do not know purpose/powers. it's Golden Egg (Mysterious Egg) and Pretty Comb (Quest Item). Can I do something useful with them? Because it's already 4th map of campaign and I think this Pretty Comb lied in my backpack since 1st or 2nd map without any usage..

User avatar
Pol
Admin
Admin
Posts: 9494
Joined: 29 Nov 2005
Location: IN SOMNIS VERITAS
Contact:

Postby Pol » Apr 11 2014, 19:54

elementaritas wrote:oh, it's not enough charge sometimes, since during same battle sometimes I can and sometimes cannot resurrect them.

different kind of question - I have two artifacts my heroes carries that I do not know purpose/powers. it's Golden Egg (Mysterious Egg) and Pretty Comb (Quest Item). Can I do something useful with them? Because it's already 4th map of campaign and I think this Pretty Comb lied in my backpack since 1st or 2nd map without any usage..

Golden Egg become Golden Goose, generating you some money. Needs some time to be hatched ;)
Comb will be needed at right time, that's all what I can say without spoiling the story.

Is your game fully patched? What version of the game are you playing?
It may be damaged save, or you encountered something new and buggy.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet


Return to “Heroes V-VI”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests