Simple Questions Simple Answers thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: What is the ascending order of THREATS?

Unread postby Pol » 07 Jan 2012, 13:04

1) How are the threats rated: Is it trivial/low/high/severe/deadly?
They are compared to your army, including hero level. More exactly it will be probably described in Unofficial Manual. A word to this - they actually are not compared accurately every time, - in such comparsion is wrong, in both ways. The formula must be very simple. Use Scouting on one of your heroes to calculate yourself.
2) How can you tell how many creatures grow in town each week?
See the kingdom screen for your overall creatures productions. Very nifty in resources/artifacts tracking too. Click the bottom left arrow on your minimap. Or use "o" key and left click on helmet icon.
3) Is there a Tutorial on how to use the Game Setup options or explain what everything means. eg Global Difficulty, Aggressive A1 ON/OFF (I chose OFF)
I as well, aggressive is very aggressive and considering that is seeing you from the beginning - it's useless on some maps. The rest seems to be self explaining but alas there may be more in Unofficial manual.
I'm playing the Skirmish games to try & learn how to play after fumbling through the Tutorial game - the 23 page manual on the disk assumes every player already knows how.
viewtopic.php?t=12506

I think Ch.W. is doing some maps, let see later on new ubi forums.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 08 Jan 2012, 13:38

Thankyou Pol.

1) Yes, the Threats rating nearly always seems wrong.
2) The Kingdom Screen helps a lot.
3) I have read through that great Unofficial Manual, but it doesn't help with suggestions on how to best build your character when your learning how to play (I'm looking for something similar to how "maltz" suggests how to build your character in his walkthroughs for H5) I'm very SLOWLY working it out.
4) I'm now playing 2nd Skirmish game on easy but even after defeating the L10 Hero twice he's appeared again with another large army. I guess I spend too much time gathering resources & not conquering towns!!
How can they rate the game easy if from the very start the opponents are "Elite" or "Champion"in Packs & Lots???

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 08 Jan 2012, 13:46

Queen Hera wrote:How can they rate the game easy if from the very start the opponents are "Elite" or "Champion"in Packs & Lots???
The difficulties are rather skewed. I've improved since I started playing, but I was playing relatively optimal when I went into this and proceeded to get my butt kicked massively in multiple missions. Like - not even close, enemy heroes showing up with 10 times as much units as me and completely steamrolling my forces. 'Easy' is comparable to 'hard' in any other game, especially if you're new to the franchise. Your best bet to actually play on an easy difficulty level is by using the custom difficulty panel and setting every option but 'growth' and 'starting capital' to its minimum.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 08 Jan 2012, 15:58

Mozared wrote:
Queen Hera wrote:How can they rate the game easy if from the very start the opponents are "Elite" or "Champion"in Packs & Lots???
The difficulties are rather skewed. I've improved since I started playing, but I was playing relatively optimal when I went into this and proceeded to get my butt kicked massively in multiple missions. Like - not even close, enemy heroes showing up with 10 times as much units as me and completely steamrolling my forces. 'Easy' is comparable to 'hard' in any other game, especially if you're new to the franchise. Your best bet to actually play on an easy difficulty level is by using the custom difficulty panel and setting every option but 'growth' and 'starting capital' to its minimum.
SUGGESTION:
1) Play and finish all campaigns.
2) Then try single scenarios again.
May the Implosion be with you!

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 08 Jan 2012, 23:56

Thankyou Mozared & Naki.

I did think playing Skirmish would help me learn the game, but I'll now try your suggestion Naki & play campaigns first. :)

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 10 Jan 2012, 15:26

Given you complete 100% of the achievements, can you purchase 100% of the rewards with the earned coins?

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 10 Jan 2012, 17:14

Nope. Not nearly enough coins.

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 14 Jan 2012, 03:16

Does someone know why the hero auto-attack deal more damage after the first turn of combat? Is that a bug?

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 14 Jan 2012, 11:11

Does this happen with every hero? There might be some non-buggy explanations for it. For example, all Haven hero attacks give the target a debuff that makes allies do more damage, so if you'd attack the same stack twice with your hero, the second attack would do more damage. Another idea would be if your enemy is a ghost-type (ghosts, water elementals, etc), because they only take half damage until they've acted.

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 14 Jan 2012, 11:16

Thank you for the input. It happens with the main necromancer hero as far as I can see (can't recall during the tutorial) and for any units I strike at.

EDIT: Ran a few tests and it is due to the area of effect of the liches' attacks :)

Sunnyshine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Cannot get Changbo...please HELP!!!

Unread postby Sunnyshine » 14 Jan 2012, 13:27

I am playing sanctuary mission 2. I have to get Changbo, but i only get DRAW!. So i am stuck. I tried several times en started over etc.
Can someone please help me? What am i doing wrong?

Greetz Sunny

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 14 Jan 2012, 15:27

Hello, and welcome to the round table.

What do you mean you get draw? Changbo is located on an island on the right side of the map. You can only access it by going through a whirlpool. His army is fairly weak and you can beat him right before the last match.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 14 Jan 2012, 15:31

What do you mean by "before the last match"?? Do you mean a football game, maybe a tennis match? :D

Sunnyshine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sunnyshine » 14 Jan 2012, 15:52

His army is not strong, my hero is a lot stronger and still the outcome of the fight is DRAW! i have tried everything, even with more than thousands in my army, but still the outcome is DRAW!
And the last gate will only open when i defeat Changbo...

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 14 Jan 2012, 15:59

You mean you lose the battle - LOSS?

Sunnyshine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sunnyshine » 14 Jan 2012, 16:17

No DRAW....that means that the dragons could not choose a winner.
So the outcome is equall.
No winner and no loser....so nothing happens...

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 14 Jan 2012, 19:47

Just completed the necro campaign and i couldn't get to use necromancy lvl 4 ever even wearing the amulet making you start with the gauge already filled up to lvl 1. Any clue?

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 15 Jan 2012, 00:09

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying, but could this be a case of you only using the auto-fight option and this fight not being solvable with auto-fight? You realize you can actually fight battles yourself, commanding the troops and all, right? Maybe that's what you're supposed to do in this case.

Sunnyshine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sunnyshine » 15 Jan 2012, 09:05

I am indeed using quick combat....i will try to fight the battle myself....thanks for the tip!

Sunnyshine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sunnyshine » 15 Jan 2012, 09:34

hmm....doesn't work....if i try to fight myself i will get a black screen for a second and no fight, but the outcome DRAW!

i am stuck...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”