Simple Questions Simple Answers thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Simple Questions Simple Answers thread

Unread postby Banedon » 23 Oct 2011, 14:48

Saw this on another forum, it worked out well there so I'm starting one here too. Anyone is welcome to contribute answers!

I'll start with a question: is there a way to skip all the cutscenes at the start? I think Esc skips the main cutscene, but it doesn't skip all the Black Hole Entertainment logos etc.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 23 Oct 2011, 15:02

Sounds good. I have a question as well, is there any way to make units with a hit-and-run attack (fury, glory, etc) not return to their starting point after attacking? It worked in H5 if you pressed the Ctrl key but that doesn't seem to work in H6.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Oct 2011, 15:06

Try to hold ALT key.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 23 Oct 2011, 15:07

Ell1e wrote:Sounds good. I have a question as well, is there any way to make units with a hit-and-run attack (fury, glory, etc) not return to their starting point after attacking? It worked in H5 if you pressed the Ctrl key but that doesn't seem to work in H6.
mind = blown, I didn't even know that was possible :(
Anyways, as far as I'm aware you can't. you'll just have to have to fly/teleport next to the archer (I presume) and attack later.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

qiox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby qiox » 23 Oct 2011, 15:08

Where's the high score screen?

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 23 Oct 2011, 18:44

Avonu wrote:Try to hold ALT key.
Tried that as well, the Glories still flew back.
Mirez wrote:mind = blown, I didn't even know that was possible
I saw the AI do it in 5, so I figured there had to be a way and just tried stuff. ^^

Mirez

Re: Simple Questions Simple Answers thread

Unread postby Mirez » 23 Oct 2011, 19:20

Banedon wrote:I'll start with a question: is there a way to skip all the cutscenes at the start? I think Esc skips the main cutscene, but it doesn't skip all the Black Hole Entertainment logos etc.
Go to "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Might & Magic Heroes VI\Data\Movie" and move all files to another location. You can also delete them...

I have a question: How to remove the town/fort/dwelling conversion animation?

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 23 Oct 2011, 19:36

Mirez wrote:
Banedon wrote: I have a question: How to remove the town/fort/dwelling conversion animation?
That would be good to know.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 23 Oct 2011, 20:09

Mirez wrote:I have a question: How to remove the town/fort/dwelling conversion animation?
In beta you could turn off these animations in option menu but it was very bugged. Maybe it would back in some patch.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 23 Oct 2011, 20:12

Esc skips the entire intro, except for Ubisoft and Might and Magic logos.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 24 Oct 2011, 01:14

Banedon wrote:I'll start with a question: is there a way to skip all the cutscenes at the start? I think Esc skips the main cutscene, but it doesn't skip all the Black Hole Entertainment logos etc.
I haven't personally tried this, but what works for a lot of games is the following: find your 'Start Heroes 6' shortcut > Right click it, click 'properties' > Find the 'Parameter' field (should say something like "X:\Heroes VI\Might & Magic Heroes VI.exe") > put a space behind it and type -nointro, filling the field in something like this: "X:\Heroes VI\Might & Magic Heroes VI.exe -nointro".

It might not work for Heroes 6 because your shortcut forces you to open the game launcher before opening the game itself, generally you add the '-nointro' extention to the .exe file that directly opens the game... but it's worth the try, I guess?

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 24 Oct 2011, 10:34

Thats nice but I already posted a solution which works perfectly for me.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 24 Oct 2011, 13:15

Avonu wrote:
Mirez wrote:I have a question: How to remove the town/fort/dwelling conversion animation?
In beta you could turn off these animations in option menu but it was very bugged. Maybe it would back in some patch.
It seems there is a way to disable this "feature":

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 6801028559

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 25 Oct 2011, 13:16

excellent I'll try it now

frozd
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby frozd » 25 Oct 2011, 15:08

Wow this is amazing ;D You edit one file and you can get rid of all the crap no one cares about, converting animation, press key, no intro at start ;D sticky this.

mysticc
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mysticc » 25 Oct 2011, 15:27

Question: How much do the dynasty weapons affect the balance of the game? Are they small 5% bonuses, or do they make a really meaningful difference that playing on a laptop without an internet connection would make it not as enjoyable? What do they give exactly?

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 25 Oct 2011, 17:24

You get 1 ability per level on dynasty weapons. This can be anything from small stat boni to passive abilities (for example the griphon sword makes your troop immune to having their morale lowered) and active skills. Personally I think they're nice to have but you can play without them and not miss anything.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Oct 2011, 17:56

Ell1e wrote:Personally I think they're nice to have but you can play without them and not miss anything.
Which is ideal. Imagine playing a game that it's not online that you needed an online thing to have it finished...
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 25 Oct 2011, 21:42

What do the icons that appear above creatures heads in battle mean?
Thanks!
For example the icon that looks like two rectangles on top of three rectangles is very puzzling...
May the Implosion be with you!

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 25 Oct 2011, 23:53

Naki wrote:What do the icons that appear above creatures heads in battle mean?
Thanks!
For example the icon that looks like two rectangles on top of three rectangles is very puzzling...
I think that means the creature is shielded (by obstacles, castle walls, etc), and so takes less damage from ranged attacks.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”