Week of fever & other malfunctions

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Week of fever & other malfunctions

Unread postby Metathron » 19 Oct 2011, 21:26

Is this week bugged? I remember it being mentioned, but forget what context it was in.

Namely, after being stricken with it in Haven scenario 2, I get ridiculously low amounts of creatures each week, e.g. 12 sun riders even though I own several towns and external dwellings.

In any case, 12 seems far too lower for even the week of fever (which, IIRC is 2/3 growth), so what the frelling hezmana is going on?
Last edited by Metathron on 23 Oct 2011, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 19 Oct 2011, 21:31

Yes, it is sometimes bugged, just like Week of Festivals or Disease. Load game should fix this (unless it is minus growth on which load not works).

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 19 Oct 2011, 22:02

Well, I played too far ahead to be bothered to load now. But just for future reference, should you load before the week of fever, i.e. make a save every "sunday" just in case?

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 23 Oct 2011, 16:39

Sanctuary campaign map 3. More "week of..." woes. There was a week of...something that I understood to mean +25% core creatures. That's great, I thought to myself only to realize that this meant 1/4 growth and, as is the case with other weeks, the effect continues on indefinitely. I'm playing on easy and all the necromancers around the map are marked as either severe or high threats. I wonder what it's like on normal and hard. Anyway, good luck to me with +4 shark guards, eh?

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 23 Oct 2011, 17:18

Reloading from the week after works just as well. Basically, reloading the game fixes incorrect income no matter what week it is.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 23 Oct 2011, 17:30

Also, I really think someone should make a mod disabling weeks of fever/festivals/whatever. It's just frustrating when you barely fight off an AI attack, only to discover that you'll have almost no population growth this week.

As for Sanctuary 3, I'm playing on normal. I captured the second Sanctuary town quickly, followed, also quickly, by the central Stronghold. After that I took my time to explore the map. The eastern Stronghold was very lightly defended, so I had no problem capturing it with few losses in a couple of months. Only the two Necropolises posed a problem.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 23 Oct 2011, 17:47

Wait, so any kind of reload will fix the problem, or do you have to load back to before the particular malfunctioning week started? I don't save too often, so the latter would be a problem.

EDIT: I see that any kind of reload fixes the problem. Thanks!

It's true that the eastern stronghold is lightly guarded, but there is a necro hero (rated deadly) standing in front of it with the following troops:

Skeleton archers - horde
Maulers - horde
Goblins - horde
Harpies - horde
Ghosts - lots
Ghouls - lots
Liches - pack

And with my current puny creature growth it doesn't look like this threat will decrease significantly.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 23 Oct 2011, 18:28

If you have a puny creature growth, reload. The bug should go away. If it's still not enough, fully develop both your Sanctuaries. You can help with some Stronghold troops, too. There are two prisons giving you a large number of maulers and dreamwalkers, and you can upgrade them in your Stronghold town.

In my playthrough, the western Necropolis had a High/Deadly rated Luna permanently stationed in it, but the eastern Stronghold had only a Trivial garrison with a Low hero in it. And it didn't even have any fortifications, so I just captured it on quick combat.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 23 Oct 2011, 19:06

I did reload, to the same day actually, and it helped. However, this bug seems to be occurring independently of any 'week of...' as I checked a bit later and the creature growth was decreased again - and by a different value this time. This makes things even worse as you get an unpleasant surprise on day 1.

What a mess!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”