can't even force myself to play this game

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
HeroesPro1337
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

can't even force myself to play this game

Unread postby HeroesPro1337 » 19 Oct 2011, 18:58

Yeah I know jokes on me I already paid for it but it seems they fixed NOTHING on release its basically the beta version with a few fuckin maps and a cool intro movie

the AI is a joke, just like in beta. I could spend all day explaining the problems but ill just use a few words

-they dont defend
-they dont use town portal
-builld their castle slow..TAKE FOREVER to get tier 1 creature
-retreat 10 million times a game after casting ice bolt because they only lose a small% of their troops so you are stuck in a never ending cat and mouse loop(DEV that thought of this should be fired)
-you can easily exploit town portal to dominate in any situation..impossible to get caught off guard.

Game was dumbed down/simplified too much(free town portal, global troop recruitment, town conversions)
-this was ovbousily done to attract casual players but based on feedback on the UBI forums veteran players think this a joke so its a double edged sword I guess

Mutiplayer
-First multiplayer game ive ever seen where players have so much trouble communicating. The conflux or w/e is just crap..Ive tried several times to get a good FFA game going and usually a couple players leave saying something like "chat system sucks" or I am telling players to ready up but they have no idea how to view the chat. So much fail.

-nothing to do in between turns...like literally nothing. Its always a great risk to drop screen due to bugs even my decked out alienwareMX17 locks up and freezes when doing this sometimes.

-no ladder

-no reconnecting if you d/c you lost...just played a 4 hours? too bad

Fix the AI/retreating and make mutilplayer somewhat playable and this could be a good game, until then ill chalk this up as a really bad investment on my part due to blind fanboyism and being blinded by the exceptional graphics/animations.

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 20 Oct 2011, 01:46

That pretty much sums up the game. :(
It's a shame cuz it has so much potential....yet all is wasted due to the bugs and poor design decisions.

Jac
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jac » 20 Oct 2011, 02:04

Anything good that you can say about this game?

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 20 Oct 2011, 08:52

Yes, I'm glad to see you registered on this forum to post this one message, with a username that definitely doesn't scream "obvious troll".

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 20 Oct 2011, 16:36

His points are legit.

HeroesPro1337
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HeroesPro1337 » 20 Oct 2011, 20:12

Jac wrote:Anything good that you can say about this game?
Yeah, the graphics / animations are quite well done. Town screens are pretty sad but w/e I can live with that.

Also the new skill system could be interesting

Music is pretty good.

HeroesPro1337
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HeroesPro1337 » 20 Oct 2011, 20:17

Sikon wrote:Yes, I'm glad to see you registered on this forum to post this one message, with a username that definitely doesn't scream "obvious troll".
what the fuck are you talking about, were any of my points obvious troll points??

This is the same username I use for conflux and use this in all heroes games..that ive been playing since you were in diapers.

The fact is this game is a disgrace to the series and I want the devs to see my feedback. ( I would post on their forums but its being spammed with bug reports they would never see it)

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 21 Oct 2011, 06:58

HeroesPro1337 wrote:
Sikon wrote:Yes, I'm glad to see you registered on this forum to post this one message, with a username that definitely doesn't scream "obvious troll".
what the **** are you talking about, were any of my points obvious troll points??
Yes, some.
-they dont defend
-they dont use town portal

luthi3n
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby luthi3n » 21 Oct 2011, 13:55

dont feed the troll ;|

whatfor register in a homm-forum if u just wanna complain.
i ve an opposing opinion, i love the game and enjoy playing it every minute of leasuretime.

fortunatelly i dont face any bugs, yet :D

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 21 Oct 2011, 14:23

AI does use that Portal (you can tell by the ridiculous amount of units they carry around stacking to a single hero whenever you get close to a town), but they won't defend that town (i.e., they'll teleport away) if their cursor is over our head showing "Deadly". :D The AI only defended a town when my cursor showed HIGH and it was their last town.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”