HOMM6 modding?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

HOMM6 modding?

Unread postby Soronarr » 18 Oct 2011, 11:28

Any news on that front?

luthi3n
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby luthi3n » 19 Oct 2011, 10:07

i hope for the first fanmade maps.
will the xp be saved for dynasty-level? if yes i see a big potential for cheating via special-stlyed-maps coming.

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 19 Oct 2011, 11:41

Maps? Your'e thinking msall..

I'm thinking re-balanced. New units.

luthi3n
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby luthi3n » 19 Oct 2011, 12:04

hehe, that differs, true.

guess we ll ve to wait a couple of months till the first modders will start.
most people will play homm6 first and when gettin satisfied they start to improve the game.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 20 Oct 2011, 02:51

Soronarr wrote:Maps? Your'e thinking msall..

Lol, I like how you seem more eager to repair the game than the developers. :tsup: Too bad fans don't make the big bucks. :(

Yazman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Yazman » 20 Oct 2011, 10:11

New units..? You mean new towns? They're going to add that. Otherwise I don't see how there can be more units, unless you're talking about more neutral units.

Or the dreaded "alternate upgrades" like H5 had, which imo was the worst part of H5. I hated that.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 20 Oct 2011, 10:22

I think alternative upgrades are pretty cool. However they are poorly executed. Most of time one choice is obviously better than the other.

That said, I think there will quite a bit of modding in this game. It just takes time.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Yazman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Yazman » 20 Oct 2011, 10:43

Mirez wrote:I think alternative upgrades are pretty cool. However they are poorly executed. Most of time one choice is obviously better than the other.

That said, I think there will quite a bit of modding in this game. It just takes time.
I hated them. There were far too many units in the game and it made things too complex, it was just a ridiculous clusterfuck. I was cool with how Heroes 4 did alternate creatures, but Heroes 4 didn't have upgrades so it was neither too complex nor too many units.

Soronarr
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Soronarr » 24 Oct 2011, 10:38

Yazman wrote:

New units..? You mean new towns? They're going to add that. Otherwise I don't see how there can be more units, unless you're talking about more neutral units.

Or the dreaded "alternate upgrades" like H5 had, which imo was the worst part of H5. I hated that.
I'm talking about getting rid of some units and repalcing them with better ones. Or re-designing existing one.

I'm thiking of re-using the heaven hero model for a unit of a Crusader/Paladin. It should be seperate from the horse so it's hopefully doable :P

Return to “Heroes V-VI”