Anyone else get their CE preorder from UK cancelled?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
mpapiz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Anyone else get their CE preorder from UK cancelled?

Unread postby mpapiz » 16 Oct 2011, 14:31

So I preordered the collector's edition from "Game", in the UK, in early Aug and was happy that I'd be able to get it. Even though Ubi thought it unnecessary to try and sell it worldwide, or at least in North America......Anyway, I was glad I could still get it, albeit with a lot more hassle. But, 5 days ago they send me an email saying my prerder has been cancelled. No reason given, just that it was cancelled. I immediately emailed them asking why, but still no response back. Very poor!
Does Ubisoft really not want the business that bad?? Are they willing to upset people so much that the HoMM fans are turned off to their products? I won't buy the game digitally, end of story. I've bought all the HoMM games and their expansions, and the M&M series as well, but until I can buy a retail version, that I can hold in my sweaty little hands, I'm gonna have to tough it out and say no to this one. Ubisoft has pushed me to this point unfortunately. Too bad, I did like the demo too.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 17 Oct 2011, 03:41

Believe it or not, that might actually be good news for you until the game gets repaired. ;)

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Anyone else get their CE preorder from UK cancelled?

Unread postby Humakt » 18 Oct 2011, 10:19

That may not be Ubisoft's fault. Game.co.uk has a lame policy of not sending packages over 1 kg to foreign lands. I've got CE (different than H6) cancelled from them before as well for that reason.

Before that policy was established they sent me WRONG collector's edition of Fallout New Vegas (I ordered pc one naturally and they sent me XBoX 360 version).

Needless to say, I'm not ordering anything from Game.co.uk again.
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

mpapiz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mpapiz » 26 Oct 2011, 15:05

You're right, Ubisoft isn't directly to fault for the very, very lame policy of Game.co.uk.....however, I do blame Ubisoft for not making the Collector's Edition available to everyone, and making me go to a poor place like Game to try and get it. To exclude so much of the buying public is just ludicrous.

You can add me to the long list of people that will not order from Game.co.uk again, as well. From the complaints on their forums, it should be quite the list

And to mr.hackcrag.....I think you're right on the button :-D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”