Bugs

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 09 Nov 2011, 17:14

Damn, you pay only $50?? In Europe we have to pay 50 Euro (about $68, according to Google currency calc)... :disagree: :disagree:
May the Implosion be with you!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 09 Nov 2011, 17:36

parcaleste wrote:
yourworstnightmare wrote:... This game is so buggy I am already starting to regret I bought it, which is a pity since it seems to be a great game. I just can't enjoy it because how broken it is. how could this game even be released?
lol, go play Disciples III than. :D
Don't bring back nightmares. ;)

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 09 Nov 2011, 22:48

Regeneration restores health twice, if a unit stack gets morale.
Is that normal, or a bug? Shouldn't it restore less than full health (since a morale-boosted second hit is less powerful and shorter distance anyway)...?

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 10 Nov 2011, 07:02

^ It restores health not X times in every TURN, but restores health when the creature ACTS. In this line I would like to point my finger on the upgraded Centaurs - sometimes I feel when I cast Vampirism on them they hit only once or twice with filling their health. Sometimes I feel the effect of the spell is getting lost somewhere in the maneuvering (same could be said and for some other spells/shouts).

I think this one needs some revisiting. Either some spells should stay active for THE BATTLE TURN (Vampirism, Heroic Charge, etc.) or when THE CREATURE ACTS (Pressed Attack, Regeneration, etc).

This is either not well thought of, or a bad translation/bad spelling.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 10 Nov 2011, 08:39

A turn in HoMM6 means unit turn, so for example extra action from Morale is additional turn.

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 11 Nov 2011, 13:20

Avonu wrote:
parcaleste wrote:
yourworstnightmare wrote:... This game is so buggy I am already starting to regret I bought it, which is a pity since it seems to be a great game. I just can't enjoy it because how broken it is. how could this game even be released?
lol, go play Disciples III than. :D
Don't bring back nightmares. ;)
Yeah...I wanted Disciples III to be great like I & II, but it never got fixed. I purchased HoMMVI & I put it back in it's DVD case. I simply refuse to play it until it's patched-up. Unisoft & BH should be ashamed of themselves for giving us a half-baked game. People over @ the Ubisoft forums are so pissed! More then half of the posts are about how bad HoMMVI is in it's current state.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 11 Nov 2011, 13:57

Sir Alock wrote:... More then half of the posts are about how bad HoMMVI is in it's current state.
Eeeeh... it's playable. :libra:

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 11 Nov 2011, 17:40

Harpy unit text info refers to "Lamasu". Is that not a Necro unit?
Harpy is supposed to be a Stronghold unit...

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 11 Nov 2011, 19:15

parcaleste wrote:
Sir Alock wrote:... More then half of the posts are about how bad HoMMVI is in it's current state.
Eeeeh... it's playable. :libra:
Yes...It is, but come on...Really? The list of bugs goes on & on. Why play the campaign or even SP if the game isn't right? I have plenty of other games to give my attention to until it's patched up! Oh & how about all those people with laptop graphic cards & meet or exceed the requirement? I would like you to tell them it's "playable"

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 12 Nov 2011, 22:02

Hmm, did anyone get this bug - when playing Sanctuary, the battle cry that increases Move Distance and Initiative was suddenly disabled.
At the start of a battle, I could not cast it...
Why is that?
I had to load anyway, because I made a mistake, and when I loaded the earlier save, it was OK - but why did it happen in the first place??

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 13 Nov 2011, 23:01

I have a question (because I am lazy reading everything in this topic) - is the Heroic Charge working or I just fail seeing it working? No matter how many squares I cross after casting it (with several factions) the damage is always the same.

RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 14 Nov 2011, 02:54

parcaleste wrote:I have a question (because I am lazy reading everything in this topic) - is the Heroic Charge working or I just fail seeing it working? No matter how many squares I cross after casting it (with several factions) the damage is always the same.
no , it's not working, nor is Sun Rider / Crusader's charge ability.
The river of time wash away all heroes

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 14 Nov 2011, 18:34

Sun Riders/Crusaders have definitely been fixed, the additional damage isn't displayed when you choose your target, but they still get it. Never tried Heroic Charge.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 14 Nov 2011, 18:53

I tried haste+heroic charge on my sun riders. So they would be able to walk across the map dealing a lot of bonus damage, but the damage was underwhelming. I guess I'd better try again.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 15 Nov 2011, 22:34

Save a game, that load immediately - different artifacts appear in the Market, WTF?? Very bad bug, imho.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 26 Nov 2011, 06:46

In my last Stronghold mission, Sandor somehow reset to level 1. Any way to get around this?

2vasort1corppor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby 2vasort1corppor » 27 Nov 2011, 21:18

in my second run of tutorial campaigns 2nd mission, one of the 3 enemy heroes that you have to defeat got killed trying to take some neutral camp. he tried to invade again after i took control of the necro town but he didnt have the guardian item that he was supposed to carry. not a game-breaker but still annoying :/

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 27 Nov 2011, 23:07

Sikon wrote:In my last Stronghold mission, Sandor somehow reset to level 1. Any way to get around this?
You sure that's not level related? I haven't played that level yet, but maybe there's some backstory about how he loses his power?

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 28 Nov 2011, 05:54

No, it's a bug. He was fine until I restarted the mission.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 28 Nov 2011, 21:53

Sikon wrote:No, it's a bug. He was fine until I restarted the mission.
Did you maybe change your Sandor from might to magic orientation? That will reset it, I think...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”