Bugs

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 06 Nov 2011, 20:38

Yes, I had the same bug
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 06 Nov 2011, 21:35

Reload the game from some early save. This could happen anytime as I remember from Beta.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 07 Nov 2011, 17:36

10 Autosaves back didn't help, but I was going to restart the map anyway.

[edit] Okay, what? I started a new map, ran over to see if it was there, saw the fort but when I returned in week 2 it was gone. No reloading will bring it back either.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 07 Nov 2011, 22:40

* Game closes (full exit to Windows) in 15-30 seconds+.
Heroes V closes in under 5 seconds - this is a bug IMHO.

* I have two monitors - when I Alt+Tab out of the game and back, the mouse pointer does not get confined to the main window of the game, and goes to the 2nd monitor, so I can't scroll right... Not sure if that will happen if just one monitor is used.

* Sound/music should be muted when you minimize the game.
May the Implosion be with you!

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 07 Nov 2011, 22:55

Avonu wrote:No, luck is no longer 2x damage. IIRC it's max damage now... but as you can guess luck is bugged for now too.
Hmm I might be wrong, but wasn't luck in older Heroes games just 50%+ damage, not double?
May the Implosion be with you!

RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 08 Nov 2011, 01:29

Naki wrote:
Avonu wrote:No, luck is no longer 2x damage. IIRC it's max damage now... but as you can guess luck is bugged for now too.
Hmm I might be wrong, but wasn't luck in older Heroes games just 50%+ damage, not double?
It was 2x damage in H2/H3 and I'm pretty sure H4 as well.

And I'm pretty sure it's not max damage right now, I've had luck hits that killed less than the max it says it would kill, I'm pretty sure it's what you rolled x50%

Another bug I noticed, Cleave doesn't always work properly, when your first killed stack comes from retailiation or some sort of indirect ability (for example DreamWalker's lighting) your unit will have the Cleave sign above him but won't actually get a extra turn.

Most of the bugs (aside from the ridiculas Griffen bug) in combat seem to involve how ability interact with turns, for example if you cast mass regen you'll notice that some unit's seem to end faster than other's, it seems that high morale roles count as one move or something. not sure if that's how it is suppose to be.
The river of time wash away all heroes

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 08 Nov 2011, 02:16

RollingWave wrote:Most of the bugs (aside from the ridiculas Griffen bug) in combat seem to involve how ability interact with turns, for example if you cast mass regen you'll notice that some unit's seem to end faster than other's, it seems that high morale roles count as one move or something. not sure if that's how it is suppose to be.
Wait, so it wasn't me just going crazy. What about the Pearl Priestess' Waves of Renewal... is there any reason that would randomly get dispelled without ever ticking when used on Kenshi's? I've had that happen to me in multiple fights with no enemy hero, so I don't think it's a dispel thing.

RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 08 Nov 2011, 05:59

Mozared wrote:
RollingWave wrote:Most of the bugs (aside from the ridiculas Griffen bug) in combat seem to involve how ability interact with turns, for example if you cast mass regen you'll notice that some unit's seem to end faster than other's, it seems that high morale roles count as one move or something. not sure if that's how it is suppose to be.
Wait, so it wasn't me just going crazy. What about the Pearl Priestess' Waves of Renewal... is there any reason that would randomly get dispelled without ever ticking when used on Kenshi's? I've had that happen to me in multiple fights with no enemy hero, so I don't think it's a dispel thing.
it's not you going crazy, like i said right now the biggest weird bug as a whole is that most move's turn seem to be weird, this is espeically noticable when you cast mass spells where some unit's obivously ended sooner than other's.

Another example, pressed attack, it says in two turns the hero will attack first before the creature that have that spell cast on it does (very useful for Barbairans, since their hero attack help load rage much quicker and they also hit much harder.) I cast it on a Centar, in the two turn it rolled good moral both turn.. but the pressed attack worked... 3 times... instead of 4.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 08 Nov 2011, 06:14

^ I guess this is more like mis-writing. Pressed Attack works for three CREATURE... actually gotta be acts. I am almost 100% sure that if you give defense to your morale boost you'll have that one more Pressed Attack hit the next turn. Same with the Regeneration (I think). Works not in TURNS, but in ACTS.

For example, the Stronghold ability, I am almost 100 sure, lasts only for the turn it is casted in. It is not "transferred" to the next one, which is kinda weird, considered how some other spells/shouts work.

RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 08 Nov 2011, 06:18

Ahhh.. that would explain much... so the problem is actually that the english version's description is all messed up ? :P

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 08 Nov 2011, 06:58

Or the developers did not explained it correctly. :D

RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 08 Nov 2011, 07:54

parcaleste wrote:Or the developers did not explained it correctly. :D
Or the guys writing the description had no idea what they're writting about :devil:

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 08 Nov 2011, 09:16

This game is just full of bugs. :devil:
First: I played the 2nd map in the first campaign, and got stuck in that 1 way teleport. The battle started and after defeating the enemy army I just couldn't move, the teleport hadn't actually moved me anywhere, I was stuck in it!.

Second: The Conflux mechanics don't fucking work! Same map as before, just replayed that battle and now my character had appeared on the other side of the teleport, but when I went to talk to that Orc guy, the game suddenly decided that I wasn't connected to the Internet anymore and basically went back to the Main Menu. I couldn't reconnect to the Conflux even though I was connected to the Internet all time. AND WHY THE HELL DO I EVEN HAVE TO BE CONNECTED ALL THE TIME WHEN I DON'T PLAY ONLINE MULTIPLAYER GAMES. RAAAAAAGE!

yourworstnightmare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yourworstnightmare » 08 Nov 2011, 18:13

New bug: tried a hot-seat game to test out my dynasty heroes, but the game forgot to animate my hero, my castle and all the enemies. Needless to say the map felt empty.

This game is so buggy I am already starting to regret I bought it, which is a pity since it seems to be a great game. I just can't enjoy it because how broken it is. how could this game even be released?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 08 Nov 2011, 18:49

Malathua's Cleaver & Centaur (this unit is pure bugger).

- When I used this weapon ability to get 2 attacks at row for Centaurs, they indeed shot twice. But in next turn they can only move (like after shot), no shot available for them.

- Harpy don't get second attack - they return to their start position and don'tget second move.

- Also if you use Malathua's Cleaver ability, you can use spell/hero attack too. When you use abilities from other weapons you don't get second action.

- You can Time Stasis/Pertify/Blind Centaur and they will shot for first incoming unit anyway. Same for Pretorian retariation ability for units attacked in their range.

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 08 Nov 2011, 22:27

yourworstnightmare wrote:This game is so buggy I am already starting to regret I bought it, which is a pity since it seems to be a great game. I just can't enjoy it because how broken it is. how could this game even be released?
I always imagine a group of very frustrated testers, artists, writers and programmers slamming their desks as one badly functioning executive denies their request to push back the deadline again because "we promised the game would be out by then, so that's when we're going to release it".

Either that our entire freaking Ubisoft has spent their time working on different games all through H6 beta.

Tale
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tale » 09 Nov 2011, 04:04

Mozared wrote:
yourworstnightmare wrote:This game is so buggy I am already starting to regret I bought it, which is a pity since it seems to be a great game. I just can't enjoy it because how broken it is. how could this game even be released?
I always imagine a group of very frustrated testers, artists, writers and programmers slamming their desks as one badly functioning executive denies their request to push back the deadline again because "we promised the game would be out by then, so that's when we're going to release it".
From a fan point of view, I can't think of a single good reason to want a game to be out before it is done. I'm spending $50, I want the game to be playable and complete. If publishers were really interested in this line of reasoning, they would do what Blizzard does: extremely prolonged betas, substantial (ludicrous?) amounts of internal game testing, and an absolute refusal to announce a specific date that a game/expansion/patch will be released beyond "soon".

I think it's more likely that the reason executives dislike extending beta periods is because every day that the game is not published, it is costing the company money. Publishers are willing to spend up to a certain amount of money in the development process, and they push deadlines to make sure they don't spend more than that. A three month delay adds to the costs of the game, both in personnel (coders have to be paid) and in marketing (they start on a scheduled advertising plan, but suddenly they have to scramble to find, and fund!, more details or ads to be released to keep up popular interest). Worse still, delays cost the company prime opportunities for release: if a game is set to release in December for the holiday season, a delay will severely impact the initial sales. And honestly, if MM:H6 had been released even one month later, it'd be fighting with Skyrim and Arkham City for customer's money. No offense to MM:H6, a series of which I have been a major fan for all of my gaming life, but uh... it wouldn't stand a chance against Skyrim. Oh, and it'd be fighting against that OTHER major UbiSoft series, Assassin's Creed.

- Tale

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 09 Nov 2011, 06:48

yourworstnightmare wrote:... This game is so buggy I am already starting to regret I bought it, which is a pity since it seems to be a great game. I just can't enjoy it because how broken it is. how could this game even be released?
lol, go play Disciples III than. :D

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 09 Nov 2011, 08:03

Tale wrote:
From a fan point of view, I can't think of a single good reason to want a game to be out before it is done.
Neither can I. The problem with really western society as a whole is that we've got people leading companies who don't understand the idea of quality. This is something Blizzard has shown, as you mentioned - all that testing and re-doing work sets a certain bar, and people are happily willing to pay for a game that comes out later if you have that 'Blizzard seal of assurance' that it's going to be ridiculously kick-ass cool. Problem is that Blizzard is pretty much the only company that sails by these principles, and that the market is dominated by companies like Electronic 'Arts' (read: Electronic Business).

2vasort1corppor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby 2vasort1corppor » 09 Nov 2011, 16:58

i dont know if this have been mentioned before, but when i was playing in offline mode yesterday, i realized that certain skills on secondary heroes get their effect doubled in the missions afterwards. like reducing upgrading/converting price by %40, increasing exp gain by %56.25, increasing the resources you pick up by %44...
Last edited by 2vasort1corppor on 09 Nov 2011, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”