Bugs

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 14 Oct 2011, 23:36

Yes, but when it comes to (a new) Heroes it's hard to contain yourself.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 15 Oct 2011, 02:23

mr.hackcrag wrote:This is why you should never pre-order stuff. :disagree:
True...
Metathron wrote:Yes, but when it comes to (a new) Heroes it's hard to contain yourself.
and true...

But this is some of the worse I've ever experienced. I mean most of the people can't even start the game. We as gamers have started to accept and expect more and more game bugs at release, but to not be able to even start the game, and there is no official word out about anything regarding this. There is nothing but major chaos on the intertubes about this bugfest... sad.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 15 Oct 2011, 03:03

Well Torur, I think you said it best in another thread: We're probably going to have to wait until the final expansion to play the properly made HoMM game. :cry: I wish I could be surprised. :flame:

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 15 Oct 2011, 03:06

Well, for me the game works without any hiccups. What I'd like next is a couple of patches to address minor bugs and imbalances.

Having said that, I hope Ubisoft resolves the crashes and major glitches asap.

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 15 Oct 2011, 08:45

Torur wrote:So I just tried to start the game, and it crashes. :(

And by the look of the official forums there's a flame war going on. Apparently the game does not support laptop grafic cards, and some other cards aswell. And people are raging.

So far I have found no solutions that work. Any of you guys heard anything?
Torur: I jumped over to the Ubisoft HoMM 6 forums & you're correct. People are super pissed about the laptop video card scenario! I mean almost everyone has a LT VC that far exceeds the min. requirement & they are having issues. Although I'm a desktop guy myself for gaming, I do feel your pain just the same. It BS the way Black Hole has handled this.

I have to report no problems what so ever & I'm using semi-older ATI drivers for stability. There are plenty of bugs, but it's playable. I think I'm going to stick with some skrimish maps & wait for the next patch. Seems like the campaigns have some issues as well. I bet BH will get you going on your LT @ some point. I just stinks that your went ahead & supported Ubisoft & BH on the release day & this is how they take care of you!

BTW...I went over to the HoMM website to check for you here:

http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6 ... m:6-231-32

I assume that you did in fact "delete/uninstall" your HoMM demo correct?

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 15 Oct 2011, 15:37

I read somewhere that HommVI requires a dual-core processor as a minimum spec, as well as a 1GB graphics card.

Could some of the people who can't get it to work be on machines that don't meet the increased run requirements without realizing it?

I downloaded the demo to make sure it would work on my computer. (Luckily, it does.) I think I'm going to wait for a more polished product before I buy it. I was especially disappointed about the lack of town screens, and the stability issues sound like they're game-breaking.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 16 Oct 2011, 12:14

@Sir Alock
I've tried that, didn't work. I just hope they fix it. The beta ran fine on my computer, until this crash came up in the beta. I always figured they'd fix that before the game came out.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 16 Oct 2011, 17:31

Another (returning) bug - when your Inferno troops are celebreting battle victory (with chipmunks voices :P) in area when Abyssal Worm from Unique Building has appeared, he also is celebreting... for few seconds and outside battlefield.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 16 Oct 2011, 18:20

How the heck do you attack this Worm? The only undead unit I could attack it with were the ghouls!?

Also, does the archlich's ability still not work? :disagree:

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Oct 2011, 08:08

Archlich's ability works at last. :) Unit must be Living through.

You can attack Abyssal Worm only in melee - use ALT key for shooters to attack it in melee.
It has 5 structure points which means 5 attacks by Core creatures and less by Elite/Champion.

Not a bug but annoying thing:
- In campaign you get 1 tear/blood point for each reputation skill used in battle. It's way too low number and I think it should be much more for using tier II and III skills (as it was suggested many, many times).

Possible bug:
- There is achievement to spend 100 mana points on one skill in Week of Mana Storm when mana costs were double. Now this week has only 25% more mana costs so I think it is not possible to get this achievement (Armageddon from Inferno Blood path hero - the most costly spell in HVI IIRC - possible could cost more then 100 points but I didn't check it yet).

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 17 Oct 2011, 09:40

Avonu wrote:Archlich's ability works at last. :) Unit must be Living through.
I'm pretty sure that's what I did and nothing happened. Should check again I guess.
You can attack Abyssal Worm only in melee - use ALT key for shooters to attack it in melee.
It has 5 structure points which means 5 attacks by Core creatures and less by Elite/Champion.
I kept trying shift, ctrl,...but not alt. Thanks.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 18 Oct 2011, 16:42

- Inferno map 4:
You get Blade of Binding Dynasty Weapon in this map but it is not added to you weapons in Dynasty at all.

dragonfire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Bug imperial griffin

Unread postby dragonfire » 18 Oct 2011, 20:11

Playing Haven Campaign 2. Imperial griffin give no damage on Diving Assult.
Others have same problem???

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 18 Oct 2011, 20:21

Haven't tried the upgraded griffins yet, but is it just my imagination or does the sun rider's damage NOT increase the further he moves? I tried spinning the mouse all around the target but it always shows the same damage.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 18 Oct 2011, 20:37

Today had two ATI card crashes ,though routines are updated
Lord Godwinson in BDJ mods for MM 6 and 7

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 18 Oct 2011, 23:28

Yep, imperial griffins do no damage with their dive. Shame on you Ubihole - yet you had time to "implement" the squeaky chipmunk sounds. ;)

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 19 Oct 2011, 01:44

I skimmed the thread, so not sure if this was mentioned yet, but for as far as I noticed only one person briefly touched on this on page 1;

If you load a savegame from within a battle, sometimes the camera will get stuck and become unmoveable - you can still make it focus on your heroes by selecting them, but you can no longer freely scroll it around. Restarting the game does solve this.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 19 Oct 2011, 06:08

Noticed a bug in the second Stronghold mission.

In the first one, I gave Sandor the Tears specialization. In the second, when I approach the first orc town, after the cutscene I see a message box: "Sandor is already following the path of Dragon Tears. Path of Dragon Blood quest failed." And nothing in the game window is clickable, not even the Close button.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 19 Oct 2011, 13:35

- Sanctuary map 2 - dynasty weapon is not added to player profile... again. Someone reported that both dynasty weapons from Haven campaign are also not added to profile too.
So we have at least 4 weapons which can't be gained.

- Also in Sanctuary map 2 I have additional quest to capture Haven fort on East of starting town. Fort is not present on map (building is missing and control zone there is white/neutral).

Skill bug/feature
- Taunt skill
Tear path - 113% reduced damage - so enemy won't do any damage to my unit. Shouldn't this skill has cap at let say 90-95%, so enemy could do some damage?

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 19 Oct 2011, 13:58

Speaking of Sanctuary map 2. After I complete the quest to defeat the red hero and get the southwest town under my control, the northeastern gates don't open, even though the tooltip indicates they're supposed to open when this quest is complete.

Is this working as intended?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”