Bugs

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Moderator: Moderators

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 475
Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Postby Naki » Nov 30 2011, 18:31

Damn, it seems Necro units can't use the Heroism skill/spell.

Any other skills I should NOT be getting with Necro, because they don't work?

The Heroism skill is supposed to boost Morale + Luck and also grant more damage. Can't it just skip the Morale part and boost the other ones?
It seems I lost a skill point for nothing... Maybe it is a bug and should not be available to choose for Necro heroes at all?
May the Implosion be with you!

RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 79
Joined: 25 Mar 2006

Postby RollingWave » Dec 1 2011, 2:03

Ok after further testing I stand corrected.

A. Heroic Charge works, it's espeically awesome on Fury with Rage stack on it further.

B. Sun Crusader's charge works

C. Sun Rider's does not.
The river of time wash away all heroes

User avatar
peta62
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Nov 2011

Postby peta62 » Dec 4 2011, 11:04

This may be a stupid question, but is it a feature or bug that no Necropolis hero basic spells work on Dark elements and Ghosts can do no attack on them, so with army mainly relying on ghosts has absolutely no chance against even low number of Dark elements ?
Thank you.

User avatar
Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero
Posts: 2704
Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Location: Somewhere deep in the Caribbean...
Contact:

Postby Metathron » Dec 4 2011, 12:34

To avoid future dilemmas - whenever you find yourself wondering whether something in this game is a feature or a bug - it's a bug.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

User avatar
Ell1e
Scout
Scout
Posts: 195
Joined: 20 Oct 2011

Postby Ell1e » Dec 4 2011, 16:03

I think the full explanation goes something like Dark elementals have a natural resistance against dark (which makes sense), but it's bugged so they're actually completely immune to dark. Since a magic Necro hero's basic attack is darkness-based, as well as ghosts, liches and fate weavers, it sucks very much. I got around it in the campaign by giving Anastasya some offensive water and lightning spells, having ghouls punch the elementals, healing with vampirism and using the skeletons' movement reduction to keep them away from my other troops. Aside from that, I try not to fight those guys with a Necro hero at all.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 475
Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Postby Naki » Dec 4 2011, 16:07

Metathron wrote:To avoid future dilemmas - whenever you find yourself wondering whether something in this game is a feature or a bug - it's a bug.

Don't be like that, give the game a chance! :)
May the Implosion be with you!

User avatar
peta62
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Nov 2011

Postby peta62 » Dec 4 2011, 19:46

Ell1e wrote:I think the full explanation goes something like Dark elementals have a natural resistance against dark (which makes sense), but it's bugged so they're actually completely immune to dark. Since a magic Necro hero's basic attack is darkness-based, as well as ghosts, liches and fate weavers, it sucks very much. I got around it in the campaign by giving Anastasya some offensive water and lightning spells, having ghouls punch the elementals, healing with vampirism and using the skeletons' movement reduction to keep them away from my other troops. Aside from that, I try not to fight those guys with a Necro hero at all.


That sounds very reasonable, just it is Necro campaign, so I have no other hero. Slowing down Dark elementals by skeletons is not gonna work for me since I have one stack of skeletons against two of elementals. plus not only the elementals get across the battlefield in two steps, but they even move before skeletons and slowing down is only for one round. I think I will take the last approach to avoid fighting them if not necessary.
Thank you for explanation.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 475
Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Postby Naki » Dec 4 2011, 20:45

peta62 wrote:
Ell1e wrote:I think the full explanation goes something like Dark elementals have a natural resistance against dark (which makes sense), but it's bugged so they're actually completely immune to dark. Since a magic Necro hero's basic attack is darkness-based, as well as ghosts, liches and fate weavers, it sucks very much. I got around it in the campaign by giving Anastasya some offensive water and lightning spells, having ghouls punch the elementals, healing with vampirism and using the skeletons' movement reduction to keep them away from my other troops. Aside from that, I try not to fight those guys with a Necro hero at all.


That sounds very reasonable, just it is Necro campaign, so I have no other hero. Slowing down Dark elementals by skeletons is not gonna work for me since I have one stack of skeletons against two of elementals. plus not only the elementals get across the battlefield in two steps, but they even move before skeletons and slowing down is only for one round. I think I will take the last approach to avoid fighting them if not necessary.
Thank you for explanation.

Which Necro mission is that?
Last edited by Naki on Dec 5 2011, 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
May the Implosion be with you!

User avatar
peta62
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Nov 2011

Postby peta62 » Dec 4 2011, 21:38

Naki wrote:
peta62 wrote:
Ell1e wrote:I think the full explanation goes something like Dark elementals have a natural resistance against dark (which makes sense), but it's bugged so they're actually completely immune to dark. Since a magic Necro hero's basic attack is darkness-based, as well as ghosts, liches and fate weavers, it sucks very much. I got around it in the campaign by giving Anastasya some offensive water and lightning spells, having ghouls punch the elementals, healing with vampirism and using the skeletons' movement reduction to keep them away from my other troops. Aside from that, I try not to fight those guys with a Necro hero at all.


That sounds very reasonable, just it is Necro campaign, so I have no other hero. Slowing down Dark elementals by skeletons is not gonna work for me since I have one stack of skeletons against two of elementals. plus not only the elementals get across the battlefield in two steps, but they even move before skeletons and slowing down is only for one round. I think I will take the last approach to avoid fighting them if not necessary.
Thank you for explanation.

Which Nerco mission is that?


It's the first map, In the wake of Adversity, second underground, they guard some blue gate. I should have used the spell scrolls I have got in battle with Cyclops and one other to preserve troops, but I was afraid there would be some crucial battle ahead, where it was designed to use, so I saved them, it cost me huge losses twice. This is understoodable I made something wrong, I was surprised how helpless I was with supposedly much stronger army against them. I even switched to autocombat, but it was no better. The hero is level 6, so having non-dark spells is ( at least in my opinion ) unrealistic here, although excellent somewhere much higher.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 475
Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Postby Naki » Dec 4 2011, 21:47

Hmm, I found the 1st Necro mission easy.
What difficulty do you play on, Normal?
What is your troop quantity? (e.g. 100 Skel. archers, 200 Zombies/etc)
What are the dark elem. quantities?
Also, what week/month are you in? Maybe you waited too long.
I just used the Zombies (my game is in Russian, so not sure of exact name), which I used Vampirism on and also healed them with the Spectres/Wraiths and also used the Necro special to raise more of them.

Is your Necro hero magic-oriented (default) or might?

P.S. Please can you take a screenshot of the map, with the dark elems guarding the entrance and PM it me (PM so not to spoil for other people), so I get a basic idea where that is/was?
May the Implosion be with you!

User avatar
peta62
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Nov 2011

Postby peta62 » Dec 4 2011, 21:58

Naki wrote:Hmm, I found the 1st Necro mission easy.
What difficulty do you play on, Normal?
What is your troop quantity? (e.g. 100 Skel. archers, 200 Zombies/etc)
What are the dark elem. quantities?
Also, what week/month are you in? Maybe you waited too long.
I just used the Zombies (my game is in Russian, so not sure of exact name), which I used Vampirism on and also healed them with the Spectres/Wraiths.

Is your Necro hero magic-oriented (default) or might?


Normal.

Very low, somewhere between 20 and 60 in three stacks after those two heavy fights.

Around 20 I think, divided into three stacks.

I am afraid it might have been too soon, or as I wrote before I have lost too many troops.

Yes, I healed those two stacks, but they were too weak to wipe them out and without them it was just slaughtery.


I am sorry, I do not know exact numbers, when I saw there was no chance I passed them and continued further through the tunnels.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 475
Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Postby Naki » Dec 5 2011, 10:01

Hmm, did you build the town building that allows you to resurrect dead troops after battle? Once you do that, you can stop losing any troops.
May the Implosion be with you!

User avatar
peta62
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Nov 2011

Postby peta62 » Dec 5 2011, 12:10

Naki wrote:Hmm, did you build the town building that allows you to resurrect dead troops after battle? Once you do that, you can stop losing any troops.


Short of crystals to build that and advanced town portal. I could buy them but I think they cost around 2500. I will try to use different tactic including this if I have to restart the map.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 475
Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Postby Naki » Dec 5 2011, 13:21

This battle with the dark elems is before you got your 2nd town, right?
If so, you don't need Advanced Town portal yet.
Just hire a second mule hero and carry the troops with him to main hero.
Once you get the 2nd town, you can then build a Portal in it...
May the Implosion be with you!

User avatar
peta62
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Nov 2011

Postby peta62 » Dec 5 2011, 18:48

Naki wrote:This battle with the dark elems is before you got your 2nd town, right?
If so, you don't need Advanced Town portal yet.
Just hire a second mule hero and carry the troops with him to main hero.
Once you get the 2nd town, you can then build a Portal in it...


Inquisitor in the second town has danger High and he cleaned almost everything around the town. It was triggered by my first visit, so I have lost many points. Anyhow the way from first town towards second is very long, I tried the Advanced portal and it speeds things up. Yes, it is 10 crystals, but I have overwhelming amount of money, ore and wood, so I can afford it. I found out it is very important to beat those Darkness elementals, since they guard small meadow with treasure chests and artifacts.
I am leaning towards restarting the map. Anyhow thanks for all these tips.

User avatar
Ell1e
Scout
Scout
Posts: 195
Joined: 20 Oct 2011

Postby Ell1e » Dec 5 2011, 20:51

I think you should restart, it sounds like you triggered him way too early. Just clear out everything on the way to his place and have a second hero ship troops to you, the Inquisitor should be easy after that.

User avatar
peta62
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Nov 2011

Postby peta62 » Dec 6 2011, 9:23

Ell1e wrote:I think you should restart, it sounds like you triggered him way too early. Just clear out everything on the way to his place and have a second hero ship troops to you, the Inquisitor should be easy after that.


Yes, exactly my plan, I will try to fight him just for fun and practice before I restart.

BTW you are Galactic Gargle Blaster now :D

User avatar
Ell1e
Scout
Scout
Posts: 195
Joined: 20 Oct 2011

Postby Ell1e » Dec 8 2011, 19:52

peta62 wrote:BTW you are Galactic Gargle Blaster now :D

I almost didn't want to post again to keep that title forever... Now it's lost.

User avatar
peta62
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 60
Joined: 13 Nov 2011

Postby peta62 » Dec 8 2011, 21:22

Ell1e wrote:
peta62 wrote:BTW you are Galactic Gargle Blaster now :D

I almost didn't want to post again to keep that title forever... Now it's lost.


:D I had very similar feeling.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury
Posts: 475
Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Postby Naki » Dec 10 2011, 23:28

In Stronghold mission 2, the main quest/objective was to defeat XXX in 4 months. (exact name removed not to spoil for others)

For some strange reason, I took more than 4 months, but the game did not say I have lost, and I won the mission. Is that normal, or a bug?
Also, it first said: You have 4 out of 4 months remaining.
It never said 3 out of 4, then it directly said 2 out of 4.
Then, it never said you have 1 month left, but told me 0 months left, yet mission was not failed. Is that also another bug?
May the Implosion be with you!


Return to “Heroes V-VI”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests