Bugs

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Bugs

Unread postby Sikon » 14 Oct 2011, 02:26

I have found no such thread for Heroes VI. Perhaps we should start one?

Here is one I noticed: on my computer, the cursor flickers when moving. This may be a regression, because I noticed no such thing in the beta. I played the beta on a different computer, though.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 14 Oct 2011, 02:48

I haven't noticed the flickering cursor you mention.

What happened during on of the tutorial (haven) missions was that for no apparent reason, I could no longer scroll the map -- if that's the right way to put it -- either by using the arrow keys or by moving the mouse to the edge of the screen. It was highly annoying, but thankfully went away after I restarted the game.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 14 Oct 2011, 11:43

I should have expected -bugs .
Ubisoft must hire real professionals ,probably the old team from 3DO.
Instead of hiring wannabees I have played their game for Namco-The Mark of Chaos -bugs and lags-has destroyed that !
Lord Godwinson in BDJ mods for MM 6 and 7

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 14 Oct 2011, 11:53

- When you are attacked side (ex. you are defending your castle) shortcuts for Defend and Wait buttons don't work.

- I also miss Space Bar as Defend by default (I know it can be changed in Options but anyway...).

- Heart of Darkness map:
Week of Fever: Only two third of growth for all Creatures... and also put all your unbought unit on minus (ex. you "can" buy -60k skeletons). You can't play game with no creature growth so this bug is game killing thing.

- Heart of Darkness map:
- Sometimes my units won't recive any damage. Enemy can hit them but no numbers of how many damage he done to my creatures are displayed = no damage done at all.

- Anastasya first map:
I can't finish secondary quest - to visit 5 graveyards. Why? Because I missed one of them and I visited another - on south-west corner near Fire Elementals (so I didn't fallow developers path how to do this quest) - and no script worked and now I can't revisit it.
Very "nice" planning of quests - visit these places in that order or it won't work. :tsdown:

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 14 Oct 2011, 12:33

Got computer crashed already-after that updated ATI video routines-maybe it would be the solution.

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 14 Oct 2011, 12:51

Bloody all, 2 more hours and I can go home and play, and hearing all this is making me abit nervous.
Y U NO Realse finished game ubisoft? ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 14 Oct 2011, 12:55

- Anastasya first map:
I can't finish secondary quest - to visit 5 graveyards. Why? Because I missed one of them and I visited another - on south-west corner near Fire Elementals (so I didn't fallow developers path how to do this quest) - and no script worked and now I can't revisit it.
I could only find 4 graveyards, and I think I have cleared out the whole map. But there must be a fifth one somewhere since you mention it. They're very difficult to see because of the colour scheme, so I probably walked right past it.

It definitely stinks that you couldn't complete the quest because you visited them in the "wrong" order.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 14 Oct 2011, 13:29

I play scenario and I can no longer scroll the map

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 14 Oct 2011, 14:26

^ This was happening and with the demo. You need to restart the game. :\

I am going to play in a friend of mine this weekend, but from what I've heard so far (demo was quiet the same)... I am not really excited about it. :drama:

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 14 Oct 2011, 15:40

Torur wrote:Bloody all, 2 more hours and I can go home and play, and hearing all this is making me abit nervous.
Y U NO Realse finished game ubisoft? ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
When has a HOMM game ever not been buggy as heck at release? I remember playing the generally well-liked III just after release. Glitches and crashes galore.

Even then, III and V at least had some sense of completeness about them. I find it hard to describe, but VI really leaves me feeling it was rushed to meet a deadline, just like IV before it.

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 14 Oct 2011, 16:16

So I just tried to start the game, and it crashes. :(

And by the look of the official forums there's a flame war going on. Apparently the game does not support laptop grafic cards, and some other cards aswell. And people are raging.

So far I have found no solutions that work. Any of you guys heard anything?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 14 Oct 2011, 18:09

@Metathron
Use Kingdom Preview (this small icon at bottom-left of mini-map or "K"IIRC) to see quests. It shows them prety well.

Now another game's bugs "features":

Black Hole - where your programmers learnt to script maps? In Nival or .dat (Disciples III developers)? Quests scripts seems to not work - sometimes they work, sometimes not - and you need to load saved game multiply times until script would work. I'm sick of this "feature" after DIII and now HVI seems to have it too.

Also - why again elementals are immute to units which have magic attack of their element? Ghosts, Liches and Namtarus can't attack Darkness Elemental at all. Thanks a lot.
I can understand that these units should do less damage but now they can't do anything in battles against their magic attack elementals.
This "feature" was corrected in beta but we have it again.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 14 Oct 2011, 18:10

Necropolis campaign map 2, my undead units vs three stacks of darkness elementals.

My ghosts and liches can't attack the enemy (round 1), whereas my other units can. I don't see any reason for this difference, so surely this must be a bug?

EDIT: Avonu, thanks for the tip about quests on the kingdom overview screen.

I also now see the problem with some of my units being unable to attack darkness elementals, because of this unit's dark affinity skill - but it should be only a 50% reduction coming from units that have a dark magic-based attack, right (these are ghosts, liches and the non-spider weaver I guess).

EDIT 2: Oh yes, my hero couldn't attack the darkness elementals either. :??
Last edited by Metathron on 14 Oct 2011, 18:26, edited 2 times in total.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 14 Oct 2011, 18:13

It's not a bug, it's a feature (read my post ;) ).

Another bug - this time Conflux one:

- After reaching lvl 10 in Dynasty (Bronze Level) I can buy new Dynasty Trails... yeah, right. :P
I can choose them but I can't buy it. When I click icon to buy them ("v"), nothing happened.

EDIT:
Metathron wrote:EDIT 2: Oh yes, my hero couldn't attack the darkness elementals either. :??
Nacropolis Magic hero uses Dark magic as attack, so it won't work too. Sanctuary hero uses Water (good luck with attacking Water Elementals), Inferno hero uses Fire, Stronghold uses Earth and Haven uses Light - so you can check this bug whith other factions and other elementals.

EDIT 2:
Screenshots in game are no longer available? 8|
Nvm - I fogot to check My Docs.
Last edited by Avonu on 14 Oct 2011, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 14 Oct 2011, 18:57

How does luck work exactly? I hover over an enemy and it says, for example, 3-4 kills. I attack, good luck rolls, and 3-4 are killed. Shouldn't it be double the amount of "normal" kills?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 14 Oct 2011, 19:01

No, luck is no longer 2x damage. IIRC it's max damage now... but as you can guess luck is bugged for now too.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 14 Oct 2011, 19:08

Day 2 patch, please. :rolleyes:

Raspyn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Raspyn » 14 Oct 2011, 20:00

Avonu wrote:No, luck is no longer 2x damage. IIRC it's max damage now... but as you can guess luck is bugged for now too.
I'm pretty sure I've had a hover over of something along the lines of expecting (9-13 killed), and after a lucky attack only 10 die.... something is definitely screwy with luck.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 14 Oct 2011, 20:49

It's strange, really...when luck triggered during the last couple of attacks, more creatures died than was predicted. It's like the game is playing tricks. :|

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 14 Oct 2011, 22:53

This is why you should never pre-order stuff. :disagree:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”