Heroes VI Fan Manual

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
spamm_ru
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VI Fan Manual

Unread postby spamm_ru » 20 Sep 2011, 22:39

Authors: spamm, alexrom66, Pavlov, Magic_Art (from Heroic Corner forum).

You might have already heard of our team - we created Russian fan manuals for King's Bounty: Legend and King's Bounty: Armored Princess.

Download:

English version 0.93 (history):
mmh6_manual_eng_0.93.zip (pdf, 268 pages, 35,5 Mb) - heroes.ag.ru or docs.google.com or narod.ru

Russian version 0.11 (history):
mmh6_draft_rus_011.zip (pdf, 124 pages, 12.2 Mb) - heroes.ag.ru or narod.ru

Looking forward to your feeback and proposals!
Last edited by spamm_ru on 18 Oct 2011, 18:53, edited 16 times in total.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 21 Sep 2011, 10:03

Some things to correct/check.

Artifacts:

- Four Leaf Clover gives you +4 Desiny. Description says +2 but in-game it is +4. Also I think prices for Destiny artifacts are bugged - Tarot Deck (+2; minor) costs 16 000 while Golden Horseshoe (+8; relic) costs 8000.

- You can't buy artifacts from sets and Shantiri Fragments from Artifact Merchants or from Marketplaces. At least not in beta. I don't know if it was such designed or just disabled by mapmaker.

- I'm pretty sure some other descriptions are wrong. IIRC someone reported that Lifeblood Pedant gives +4 HP, not +3 HP. Also IIRC Warping Pedant doesn't need 10 Might to be equip.
I need to check some sets bonuses (it's hard to do) but from their descriptions I can assume that not all of these descriptions are correct.

I am not sure if calculation are corret too.
For my 30 lvl blood hero Time Stasis works for 2 turns but someone reported that for tears hero it's 4 turns. Need to check for both paths and 15 lvl heroes (as it's minimal level to gain this spell - in theory ofc).

Neutral Units lack of abilities description (which are present in Creature Abilities section).

Town buildings - towns actually have 5 ranks, 5th is when you built Tear of Asha.

krs
Peasant
Peasant

Feedback on manual

Unread postby krs » 21 Sep 2011, 11:20

Nice manual very graphically appeasing.

Here some "issues"

- Faction symbols made monochrome :(. (Perhaps full color looks better pg.13 for heaven)

- Really like the geographic location on Heaven. (Please include for others where applicable... Hasima come to mind.)

- As page background for faction pages add a huge watermark with each factions symbol. (Here it must be monochrome).

- I feel that creature pages should be moved to each factions section. Especially so since ability descriptions are general and with no actual

- Creature summary tables: Highlight differences from basic to upgrade versions. Also mark with a red star who is the best of the faction. (Only for speed/initiative/morale and luck).

- Creature summary tables: faction symbols are of poor quality. Table lines still visible in background on some pages (pg 81 compared to pg 82)

- Creature artworks for basic and upgraded should be separated by some space. (maybe leave the Heroes VI header also, seems to look cool enough).

- For general creature descriptions start for each faction with an entire page dedicated to generalities for the given faction. (General traits of the creatures in the given faction, general abilities like dead/undead/deamon/etc...). Also on that page a group picture with all creatures would be nice. Background watermarks with faction sign would also be nice.

- Icons for attack, defense, luck .... are poor quality :(.

- Crature abilities pages. Eyes jump on MIGHT / ACTIVE first instead on ability icon / name / description. Make them not so "out-standing"
numbers.

- Creature abilities pages: With the name of the creature that has an ability a tiny icon would help identify it easier.

- Creature abilities pages: Prime / Water / Fire all have icons would be nice to include them somehow.

- Nice skill wheel you have for hero classes :D. (Poor quality icons :( )

- For hero classes use instead of arrows use the appropriate tear icon.

- Heroes abilities: Include level requirements and might / magic restrictions

- Artifacts: what is with the double moon disks?

- Town buildings: The table at the top (pg 180 is of no help :(). Use a left to right upgrade path (from village to capitol) with arrows in-between and below, also from left to right the town rank.

- Town buildings: Before individual buildings description, an overview table which resembles the in-game building structure for each faction would help. (With click-able links :D)...Background watermarks... background watermarks... :)

Hope it helps...

spamm_ru
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby spamm_ru » 21 Sep 2011, 11:31

@Avonu
Thank you for feedback.
Avonu wrote:Artifacts
All artifacts description is taken "as is".
There are many inconsistencies between descriptions and real mechanics; full(?) list is here: bugs_in_arts.txt
We just forgot to include that information in this version of manual. :(
Avonu wrote:Time Stasis
"Numbers" that is marked with blue font in abilities' descriptions is taken directly from game resources...
Time Statis has modifier +stats. It means that the base effect value is changed from Power and Defense in range from half to double base value (See "Ability Efficiency" article at page 235 for all this calculations). For example, at Blood II reputation hero can inflict this effect up to 2.2 * 2 = 4 (rounded to nearest interger) turns .
Avonu wrote:Neutral Units lack of abilities description
In section "Creatures" - artistic descriptions.
This descriptions is absent on official website. And there is no "artistic" abilities description in the game at all....
Avonu wrote: Town buildings - towns actually have 5 ranks, 5th is when you built Tear of Asha.
Our bug, tnx :)

@mods
Separate topic ?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 21 Sep 2011, 11:52

Nice manual. :)

I didn't go over the details, but I saw accidentally something: Your snow maiden seem to be the only unit with a small portrait on the side of the whole body artwork.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 21 Sep 2011, 12:05

spamm_ru wrote:All artifacts description is taken "as is".
There are many inconsistencies between descriptions and real mechanics; full(?) list is here: bugs_in_arts.txt
We just forgot to include that information in this version of manual. :(
"Nice" bugs!
I hope all these things are fixed (as HoMMVI should be "gold" by now).
BTW - can you check if Magister's artifacts and set give Defense (as it is written) or they give Magic Defense (as logic indicate)?
spamm_ru wrote:"Numbers" that is marked with blue font in abilities' descriptions is taken directly from game resources...
Time Statis has modifier +stats. It means that the base effect value is changed from Power and Defense in range from half to double base value (See "Ability Efficiency" article at page 235 for all this calculations). For example, at Blood II reputation hero can inflict this effect up to 2.2 * 2 = 4 (rounded to nearest interger) turns .
Time Stasis is Tears spell ;) but I understand what you wanted to point out.
spamm_ru wrote: In section "Creatures" - artistic descriptions.
This descriptions is absent on official website. And there is no "artistic" abilities description in the game at all....
I don't know if I fully understand you, but patch 1.4 added neutral units abilities description in game.

spamm_ru
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby spamm_ru » 21 Sep 2011, 20:45

@krs

Thank you for suggestions!
krs wrote:- Artifacts: what is with the double moon disks?
It seems that the first set of pieces gives Shantiri Moon Disc artifact ("Grants ability to summon the Phoenix").
The second set (yellow marked one) gives the Tear of Asha.

@Avonu
Avonu wrote:BTW - can you check if Magister's artifacts and set give Defense (as it is written) or they give Magic Defense (as logic indicate)?
Set bonuses text is generated directly from resources by the game.
So, yes, the Magister's set gives Might Defense bonus (p. 176)
Avonu wrote:I don't know if I fully understand you, but patch 1.4 added neutral units abilities description in game.
Yes, these is "mechanical" descriptions. They are present in "Creatures abilities" section of the manual.

Example for description:
Blade of Judgment

p. 38 "artistic" description (from site):
“If ever you strike an ally of Elrath, the Seraph will know it, for the steel in her blade will tremble.” from
the Requiem verses of Queen Tuihdana. The Seraph’s Blade of Judgment is said to be attuned to the pain
taken by her allies. It stores the transgression as a power, and when the ally’s aggressor is attacked, the
pain adds to the target’s woes.

p. 85 "mechanical" description (from game):
The creature’s damage is increased by 20% on targets who have previously destroyed friendly stacks.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 21 Sep 2011, 21:06

FYI: this topic has been split from the H6 summary thread.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

spamm_ru
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby spamm_ru » 25 Sep 2011, 11:56

krs wrote:- As page background for faction pages add a huge watermark with each factions symbol. (Here it must be monochrome).
- Creature summary tables: Highlight differences from basic to upgrade versions.
- Creature abilities pages: Prime / Water / Fire all have icons would be nice to include them somehow.
- Heroes abilities: might / magic restrictions
- Town buildings: Before individual buildings description, an overview table which resembles the in-game building structure for each faction would help. (With click-able links :D)
- For general creature descriptions start for each faction with an entire page dedicated to generalities for the given faction. (General traits of the creatures in the given faction, general abilities like dead/undead/deamon/etc...).
- Also on that page a group picture with all creatures would be nice.
In "todo".
krs wrote:- Creature summary tables: faction symbols are of poor quality. Table lines still visible in background on some pages (pg 81 compared to pg 82)
- Icons for attack, defense, luck .... are poor quality :(.
Tnx. Bugs in converting to pdf
krs wrote:- Town buildings: The table at the top (pg 180 is of no help :(). Use a left to right upgrade path (from village to capitol) with arrows in-between and below, also from left to right the town rank.
- Faction Abilities (pg 139) the table with hero levels / ability level. More intuitive table headers would be: Racial ability level / Required hero level.
Good idea. Added to "todo"
krs wrote:- Crature abilities pages. Eyes jump on MIGHT / ACTIVE first instead on ability icon / name / description. Make them not so "out-standing"
numbers.
Beta coloring. We think about it
krs wrote:- Creature artworks for basic and upgraded should be separated by some space. (maybe leave the Heroes VI header also, seems to look cool enough).
Creature artworks without background. Waiting for answers Irina...

krs wrote:- For hero classes use instead of arrows use the appropriate tear icon.
- for heroes a table with specialization summary would be very helpful to get an overview.
What you mean ?

krs wrote:- Faction symbols made monochrome :(. (Perhaps full color looks better pg.13 for heaven)
For the "artistic" section they are more suitable.
And we do not have "full color". Full color - only small (like in Creature summary tables).
krs wrote:- Really like the geographic location on Heaven. (Please include for others where applicable... Hasima come to mind.)
It's from "new" haven.pdf. Waiting pdfs for the other fractions.
krs wrote:- Icons for Hero abilities detailed description are old and do not reflect the tear / blood changes they have. (Red / blue / dark blue corners). (On summary you have them.)
We think about it. Without corners looks better.
krs wrote:Same goes for hero abilities. (A page with 3 sections: darkness I/II/III would be more informative). You really never need 10 abilities (from which 4 duplicates) sorted alphabetically, but if I want an overview of what darkness school provides, alphabetical order only makes things more confusing.
3 sections: darkness I/II/III = difficult to compare levels.
2 ways: Or alphabetically. Or like in tree.
krs wrote:- Background watermarks with faction sign would also be nice.
- ...Background watermarks... background watermarks... :)
The main thing - do not overdo it :)
krs wrote: - I feel that creature pages should be moved to each factions section. Especially so since ability descriptions are general and with no actual
- Creature abilities pages is sorted alphabetically. More informative would be to be faction oriented. (If you are searching only by abilities name, you are using a search tool anyway).
- Reputation Abilities - you can also make a skill wheel out of them.
- Also mark with a red star who is the best of the faction. (Only for speed/initiative/morale and luck).
- Creature abilities pages: With the name of the creature that has an ability a tiny icon would help identify it easier.
- Scrolls sorted alphabetically . And the white/brown cell background makes me think first that half are fire spells.
Not sure. Maybe someday later...

Panda Tar wrote:Your snow maiden seem to be the only unit with a small portrait on the side of the whole body artwork.
Creature artworks from site, Neutrals - from game.

krs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby krs » 25 Sep 2011, 20:46

Nice that you took the time to look through my suggestions, as silly or obvious that some were. Wouldn't it be nice if Ubihole did that also :D.

As for clarifications... I will take into account next time that not everyone can see into my head :D, and will try to be more clear.
spamm_ru wrote:
krs wrote:- For hero classes use instead of arrows use the appropriate tear icon.
- for heroes a table with specialization summary would be very helpful to get an overview.
What you mean ?
- Abilities in Hero Classes(pg 98) have arrows between them. Would look nicer if instead of them you would use small tears / blood symbols.

- Was thinking about a table with all heroes for a faction with specializations, but I see now that you have it already, just not as a table :). (Nebulous idea, just disregard it).

krs

spamm_ru
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

English version 0.93

Unread postby spamm_ru » 13 Oct 2011, 20:45

English version 0.93

docs.google.com or narod.ru (35,5 Mb)

Changelog:

! Manual is updated to game version 1.1;

+ Graphic improvements (new background, new Hero Wheel, etc.);
+ Town Buildings Trees;
* Other corrections and improvements.

Looking forward to your feeback and proposals!

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 13 Oct 2011, 21:28

Thanks for the English manual, spamm, I'm sure it'll come in handy s
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Mhorhe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mhorhe » 20 Oct 2011, 10:37

Thank yeh kindly, good work!

spamm_ru
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby spamm_ru » 21 Oct 2011, 22:22

Bug. We forgot to update the Table of experience, required for level-ups of Dynasty weapons.
The correct table:

Level Experience
1 - 0
2 - 100 000
3 - 1 000 000
4 - 3 500 000
5 - 7 000 000

spamm_ru
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby spamm_ru » 07 Nov 2011, 05:07

Russian version 0.931 (history):

mmh6_manual_rus_0.931.zip (pdf, 275 pages, 36 Mb) - docs.google.com or narod.ru

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 09 Nov 2011, 19:38

This is great stuff!
May I request the following sections in a future expansion, if possible:

1. How morale and luck works
2. How mission score and rank (veteran, hero, etc.) is calculated

peta62
Peasant
Peasant

Thank you !!!

Unread postby peta62 » 13 Nov 2011, 09:47

This is awesome, it helps a lot in the beginning, thank you very much. It is almost impossible to write up to three hundred pages without any bug.

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

VI Manual

Unread postby Queen Hera » 06 Jan 2012, 05:30

Fantastic Manual - thankyou. (I found it very hard to understand the "condensed" ?26? page manual that was on the disk.)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 Mar 2012, 07:57

Any news about update version of this manual (IIRC something was still missing in there and of course new patches arrived meanwhile)?

krs
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby krs » 06 Mar 2012, 12:05

Is the manual getting any more revised or additional content? Like luck and morale mechanics, terrains and movement costs etc?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”