heroes V collectors edition keyboard and mouse not respondin

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
eboknight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

heroes V collectors edition keyboard and mouse not respondin

Unread postby eboknight » 15 Sep 2011, 13:38

I had the original Heroes V cd version and it worked fine.
I purchased Heroes V collectors edition and it loads fine I can select a scenario to play but when it loads and says press any key to start my mouse and keyboard do not respond and I can not start the mission.
I also can not click through the starting screens and story.
My drivers are up to date I downloaded them from HP just yesterday for the mouse and keyboard.
Any more information that you need please ask.
All help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 15 Sep 2011, 14:05

try updating the game
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

eboknight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby eboknight » 15 Sep 2011, 20:45

I have updated Heroes using the start menu that is actually when the problem occurred. I have uninstalled and reinstalled now it works but no updates. I have tried to install the updates separately but I get an error message that Heroes of might and magic V is not installed patch could not be installed.
Any ideas.
Thanks

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 Sep 2011, 22:10

When you tried to install these patches, you started installing them in order or did you installed the last version at your first attempt? Like installing 1.01, then 1.02, also paying attention that the languages are matching (English patch to English game, I mean)?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

eboknight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby eboknight » 15 Sep 2011, 23:08

Yes I tried to install the patches in order and downloaded the us and English versions and tried them both.
And now even with out installing any upgrade it is acting up, not clicking through opening screens etc...
Thanks for your posts.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Sep 2011, 02:24

Oh 8|

Well, I suppose you'll have to contact Ubisoft support then. They have a list of things to do before contacting them. Perhaps you might find something useful there.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

eboknight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby eboknight » 16 Sep 2011, 07:02

I have contacted ubisoft they told me they could not help and sent me to their forum and no one answered me their, but I did find a post that was having the same problem as me, he also had received no response.
Please give me another option. There has to be a fix somewhere.

eboknight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby eboknight » 16 Sep 2011, 08:27

I am thinking of buying the old heroes 5 game in cd version, it worked fine updates and all on my computer. I hope my hammers of fate upgrade from my collectors edition would work with that version?
I had the cd version until my kids scratched up disk one then I upgraded to the collectors edition.
What do you think.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Sep 2011, 13:39

I do believe that's UBI's duty to solve your problem, it's law. You buy something that's not working ok, you must get it fixed or your money back. It's indignant that there would be no solution, right?

If you're in a real hurry to play, buying another copy seem to suffice. I wouldn't though. I would find someone willing to help me at UBI. You can explain what you have done, the you found someone else with the same problem but never got a solution...

I have found some info spread about, but be sure that you really want to try them. My advice is that you annoy UBI to death until they help you:
You can do this with XP or Vista.
Go to run and type in...msconfig...click on diagnostic startup then apply and reboot.
Now install Heroes 5 and all patches from 1.01 to 1.06. Then go back to msconfig and click normal startup and apply and reboot.
I was having the same problem and this worked for me.
The problem he refers is not the same of yours, but...that's a go.

;|

Ah, wait a second.

You said Hammers of Fate or TOE. Hum, aren't these patches 1.01 and so ONLY for Heroes 5? I mean, you have patches 2.0; 3.1, for example, to play only with Hammers of Fate or TOE, of course. Have you already tried that? Here. There's the patch link, also the FAQ link.

I cannot think of anything else to do. Sorry. :D

eboknight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby eboknight » 18 Sep 2011, 09:34

I will give these ideas a shot. Thanks a million.
It does make perfect sense to me that UBI should help me find a solution may be the first representative that I talked to just blew me off.
Thanks again.

eboknight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby eboknight » 18 Sep 2011, 10:10

I tried to change to diagnostic start up in msconfig but it comes back with an error message saying I may need to log in as administrator to preform this task. When I go to switch users my profile is the only one that shows up. How do I log in as administrator.
I have the option to log in as administrator in safe mode but it asks for a password and I have no idea what that might be.
Sorry for being so needy I usually can figure these things out myself.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 18 Sep 2011, 23:56

Where did you buy your PC? Generally, it comes freely for your to do what changes you want. If you're the Administrator, you must go to your Control Panel and check your settings. There shouldn't be any password if you haven't input any.

My PC always says that I must have the permission, but given that I'm the only profile available, it just allows my entries all the same.

eboknight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby eboknight » 19 Sep 2011, 16:04

I purchased my PC off of ebay used so the password may have been set before I received it.
Do you have any idea how to figure out or bypass the password.
Or am I just screwed.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Sep 2011, 16:11

Hum...:-D Well, I have never had this problem or had to solve this either. If it was me, I would reinstall Windows, not having to create any Adms powers or passwords, like usually I do with my PCs.

I'm not sure of what to do instead of this drastic measure. Can't you contact anyone responsible for selling the PC? They MUST provide that password if they created any. It's not even logical. ;|

eboknight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby eboknight » 19 Sep 2011, 18:36

I got lucky and figured out the administrator password, thank god I really did not feel like reinstalling windows.
The problem I have now is getting the administrator option to show up when I boot my PC in regular mode right now it only shows up in safe mode.
Thanks for your help so far.

eboknight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby eboknight » 19 Sep 2011, 18:57

I found a program named TweakUI, I downloaded it and under the log in option it had show administrator option on start up screen check the box and it was easy as that. Now I will try installing Heroes in diagnostic mode and see what happens.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 20 Sep 2011, 13:58

eboknight wrote:I got lucky and figured out the administrator password, thank god I really did not feel like reinstalling windows.
The problem I have now is getting the administrator option to show up when I boot my PC in regular mode right now it only shows up in safe mode.
Thanks for your help so far.
What OS is it? XP, Vista, or 7?
Whichever one it is, next time you log in in administrator mode, you may wish to change the password.

On the log-in screen, there should be an option to create a new log-in. You'll need the admin password to do this, but then you should be able to make a new account with admin privileges and normal mode.
I would also suggest you don't use the admin account except when you will be doing stuff that needs it, to avoid accidents or malicious software/websites that get past your virus scan.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 20 Sep 2011, 15:37

Hear the man, eboknight.

eboknight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby eboknight » 21 Sep 2011, 21:50

I am running windows xp pro.
I have changed my login password to something I can easily remember.
I tried installing heroes in diagnostic mode it still tells me heroes is not installed when I try installing the patches, and the click through and hit any key to start a map still does not work.
What a pain in the butt.

eboknight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby eboknight » 28 Sep 2011, 15:54

I'm thinking of getting a new PCI card for my keyboard and mouse. Hoping that this might solve my problem. The main thing with this that I think may help is having a new driver for the keyboard and mouse. I have updated my driver for them from HP but I do not know how up to date it is my PC is older.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”